Will the release version of the game have more pve content?

Mocksonline

There has been a few mentions of additional PvE content but nothing specific that I have come across.  If PvE is not friendly to your style of play then what type of game content would you prefer to see?

well, if you go back a long way then yeah release should have a lot more content.

But in the years it got limited, and some more and some more and even some more and in the end you get a tea bag that is used about 100 times so the tea is not so dark anymore.

Game still has potential but potential is the same as dreams, they seldom become reality. We get a slice of the promised game at kickstarter still pay full, thats what happens when planning fails and glorious dreams of millions together on one server in the end turn out to be few hundred on one location is lag city.

If you have not invested over 200 to 300 euros yet on kickstarter promises maybe it is good to read more on these forums and wait on the free trial. If you have invested then your in the same ship I am and we just go on playing like nothing really matters, who knows in 5 years we have what we signed on to over 5 years ago, waiting for 10 years is nothing

I don't really see the trial being useful because DU is a game where the players create the content for each other (and then, cleverly, have to pay to host it for one another).  Without that created content and the interaction with other players all you have is a fun  building game.

Since the trial is in another sandbox there will be no player created BPs or orgs, no racing/other player created games, no new player help and support, no DSAT to find asteroids, etc.  So essentially you can just surface gather and build things.  You won't be able to get a feel for what the game is really like.

But you will be able to tell how grindy it is and how little there is to do if you don't interact with other players.

I don't really care about kickstarter promises, etc but I do want something to do in the game.  And I am reminded that this is still produced by the company which s deleting all the existing content from the game after having lied to us for a long time about their intentions to do so.  And the same company which made (or just didn't make any) bad game-management decisions which led to the sandbox being so badly broken it needs to be reset at all.

The least they could have done is add some content to replace what was deleted.

2 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

well, if you go back a long way then yeah release should have a lot more content.

But in the years it got limited, and some more and some more and even some more and in the end you get a tea bag that is used about 100 times so the tea is not so dark anymore.

Game still has potential but potential is the same as dreams, they seldom become reality. We get a slice of the promised game at kickstarter still pay full, thats what happens when planning fails and glorious dreams of millions together on one server in the end turn out to be few hundred on one location is lag city.

If you have not invested over 200 to 300 euros yet on kickstarter promises maybe it is good to read more on these forums and wait on the free trial. If you have invested then your in the same ship I am and we just go on playing like nothing really matters, who knows in 5 years we have what we signed on to over 5 years ago, waiting for 10 years is nothing

Patience is rewarded one way or another, just be wary of blind allegiances.  NQ may or may not be able to achieve the initial goals but that does not hamper our individual nor collective imagination and the power of the sandbox tools we already have.  I still have the feeling that some sandbagging is happening that will not be revealed until we stumble upon it after release.   It may be the residual effect of copium so take it with a salt lamp (a grain seems inadequate).

1 hour ago, Zeddrick said:

I don't really see the trial being useful because DU is a game where the players create the content for each other (and then, cleverly, have to pay to host it for one another).  Without that created content and the interaction with other players all you have is a fun  building game.

Since the trial is in another sandbox there will be no player created BPs or orgs, no racing/other player created games, no new player help and support, no DSAT to find asteroids, etc.  So essentially you can just surface gather and build things.  You won't be able to get a feel for what the game is really like.

But you will be able to tell how grindy it is and how little there is to do if you don't interact with other players.

I don't really care about kickstarter promises, etc but I do want something to do in the game.  And I am reminded that this is still produced by the company which s deleting all the existing content from the game after having lied to us for a long time about their intentions to do so.  And the same company which made (or just didn't make any) bad game-management decisions which led to the sandbox being so badly broken it needs to be reset at all.

The least they could have done is add some content to replace what was deleted.

The trial server being completely separate puts potential players in a substantialy worse version of the game.  Not only will they not have the experience of interacting with "end game" components of the game (helpful players and orgs being a big part) but they will be putting up with all the spiteful people who go looking for free/cheap opportunities to make others feel hurt that we don't want in our game.  In that sense I think the trial server will be a rose with many blood stained thorns.

45 minutes ago, Wyndle said:

Patience is rewarded one way or another, just be wary of blind allegiances.

So far my patience has been rewarded by everything I ever did in the persistent world getting deleted.  And it does not appear that NQ have learned from past mistakes.  I think they will just mess it up again and end up with another broken sandbox.

I think I might have run out of patience now.

31 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

I think I might have run out of patience now.

The fact that you had the patience to write that on these forums disproves being completely out, but yeah I'm pretty sure everyone is grasping at fumes at the bottom of the tank at this point.