Ask Aphelia #14 Launch Special Edition - Discussion thread

NQ-Nyota

Could you explain the 13 months of needed paid pay time to get the bonus after the release?   I have paid from August of last year until May of this year.  I just renewed my subscription for 3 months and I believe that will only give me 12 months of paid subscription.  Does this mean I will not get the bonus after all the beta game time (1800+ hours of in game time)?

The answer for question 3 did not address the question asked.  The question was if Alioth Exchange cores would be returned to the owners as magic blueprints.  Unless the answer was a very oblique way of saying no.

44 minutes ago, Frank2 said:

oblique way of saying no

They're giving the lot owners a Core BP.  It's up to the lot owner to rebuild within the new allowed changes of BP placement.

1 hour ago, Sensai said:

Could you explain the 13 months of needed paid pay time to get the bonus after the release?   I have paid from August of last year until May of this year.  I just renewed my subscription for 3 months and I believe that will only give me 12 months of paid subscription.  Does this mean I will not get the bonus after all the beta game time (1800+ hours of in game time)?

The subscription time you listed qualifies you for the Rare pack.  With one more month added before launch you would qualify the exotic tier.

PIONEER PACK - RARE

This package is available to players who have purchased up to twelve months of subscription for the Dual Universe beta. Please note that it’s not necessary to have used the game time by this date to qualify.

This package is also available to Iron, Bronze, Silver, and Contributor backers from our crowdfunding packages.

Up to 46,992,000 extra talent points, including the server-wide accelerator event and the beta talent point awards, by the end of the 6-month launch event.

6 monthly payments of 200,000 quanta.

5 Schematic copies of Dynamic Core Unit S

5 Schematic copies of Dynamic Core Unit M

Tier 2 Rare Item - 1 Triangulum collectible statue

2 exclusive decorative items: Deco potted plant white | Deco carpet

Thank you for the explanation.   Some people in my fleet were asking about this.   Question, if someone came in today and purchased a 12 month subscription, would they get the exotic tier also?  Meaning if someone has never played and bought a sub next month for release, do they get the rewards also?

2 minutes ago, Sensai said:

Thank you for the explanation.   Some people in my fleet were asking about this.   Question, if someone came in today and purchased a 12 month subscription, would they get the exotic tier also?  Meaning if someone has never played and bought a sub next month for release, do they get the rewards also?

13+ months total sub on the account BEFORE launch will have access to the Exotic tier.  Someone who already paid and used 12 months and pays for one month before launch will have the same qualification as someone who buys 13+ months the day before launch.

This turns into a friggin joke, exactly 1 month left and still no time for the releas? Why should players care about DU and show up when it goes live if NQ doesnt care if ppl can play their game? Can you deal with a game release more amateurish? Its a damn disgrace and dissapointment.

I have ONE question and I have asked it multiple times in multiple ways but you still have not answered it:

I wish to use one of my DACs to pay for my subscription for the first month at launch; will this be possible?

Aside from the mass-confusion of the very vaguely explained pioneer packs. (Which even after hundreds of questions about them I'm still only 80% sure how they will work.) I have questions about our past founder and supporter packs. Since the developers have seemingly quietly swept them all under a rug. You can no longer even see what you had purchased, they aren't listed on the account page, and the old info about them was quietly removed from the web.

Basically I want the devs to confirm the old rewards from supporter packs. As I recall spending a small fortune on one with a ton of rewards I've heard not a word about in many many months.

6 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Since the developers have seemingly quietly swept them all under a rug. You can no longer even see what you had purchased, they aren't listed on the account page, and the old info about them was quietly removed from the web.

The information may no longer appear on the official site but there are still archives and articles with the details.  If I had to guess, a lawyer and/or a bean counter was involved somehow or in some capacity as to why the public info went poof instead of a curated archive section.  I sincerely hope it was an oversight that purchase history and relevant terms are no longer attainable within one's personal account.  Odds are fair that some of the founders and backers are lawyers or close friends with one, so I'm sure NQ is not intentionally hiding that.

14 hours ago, Wyndle said:

The information may no longer appear on the official site but there are still archives and articles with the details.  If I had to guess, a lawyer and/or a bean counter was involved somehow or in some capacity as to why the public info went poof instead of a curated archive section.  I sincerely hope it was an oversight that purchase history and relevant terms are no longer attainable within one's personal account.  Odds are fair that some of the founders and backers are lawyers or close friends with one, so I'm sure NQ is not intentionally hiding that.

Your likely correct. Still, past lower than scum developers have ripped off backers, so I want to keep this issue in the spotlight. I also found it concerning that nothing was mentioned about these from any developer in recent history. (At least none that I could find via searches.) And I feel the developers should be prominently highlighting the past backing pledges and how THEY will work before they try and sell people yet another tier of essentially backer rewards to push people to pay for a year's sub up front.

Basically I'm calling for more transparency in the developers intentions to honor past purchases via official info.

41 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Your likely correct. Still, past lower than scum developers have ripped off backers, so I want to keep this issue in the spotlight. I also found it concerning that nothing was mentioned about these from any developer in recent history. (At least none that I could find via searches.) And I feel the developers should be prominently highlighting the past backing pledges and how THEY will work before they try and sell people yet another tier of essentially backer rewards to push people to pay for a year's sub up front.

Basically I'm calling for more transparency in the developers intentions to honor past purchases via official info.

From https://www.dualuniverse.game/recruit-a-friend

Untitled(1).jpg

1 hour ago, DarkHorizon said:

I'm a super legate for two organizations. What will happen after launch? Will I be stripped of ownership of one organization, if so, which one?

It is based on who is in the super legate role.  Only super legate will be in orgs after the reset.  If an org does not have a player in the super legate role then the org will be deleted.  If an org has a player in the super legate position then the org will be retained.  You can only be in five (5) orgs at a given time but there is nothing preventing someone from being super legate of 5 orgs.

What is the plan to feed the schematics in the industries? Will the industry be able to pull the schematic from a container? Will tarnsfer units be able to move them? (Opening every industry individually is a nightmare.)

Just raising the suggestion (again) of not requiring schematics for T1 products. If NQ is happy with T1 factories, then schematics on the final elements is ok and (mostly) managable for assemblers. Then if the player wants to go to T2+, sure, have pure and product schematics.

With T1 product schematics, the schematic tedium hits too quickly in basic industry. Make the game a little fun, please! 🙂

As the proud owner of 200L of Thoramine (which I had as a result of actually getting it as a result of helping solve the puzzle rather than RMT'ing it from someone who quit the game) I'm a bit pissed off that 500L is where you set the bar.  I get that you don't want people to split this up into pieces and get multiple rewards but surely the intention was to actually give the item to people who genuinely held a stack of Thoramine for a long time?  

I had some more abusive things to write here but I'll leave them out.

The new schematics are even more cosly on the long run and far more time consuming as the previous version. Is this intentional or will we see a fair system soon as the new system is even harder but brought as more fair as the previous.

Previous system i buy 1 schematic and keep forever for a not too high price, new system i get a copy that i can use once but its almost as expensive as the old schematics that i can use for eternity, how is this Better for players?

1 hour ago, Aaron Cain said:

The new schematics are even more cosly on the long run and far more time consuming as the previous version. Is this intentional or will we see a fair system soon as the new system is even harder but brought as more fair as the previous.

Previous system i buy 1 schematic and keep forever for a not too high price, new system i get a copy that i can use once but its almost as expensive as the old schematics that i can use for eternity, how is this Better for players?

It's a copy of some of the things Eve does without fully understanding why eve works.  It reminds me of the people who tried to fly by strapping feathery bird wings onto their arms and jumping off stuff.

I think they're scared of people playing the game without really being interested in quanta (presumably because they want to sell quanta in the form of DAC?).  So this new way has quanta baked into the creation of every single item, making it the most important ingredient for everything.

There are some nice properties though.  The items which had expensive schematics now have much cheaper copies.  Look at warp beacons for example.  Also the production capability of a character has a limit and it is easy to sell that limit.  Also the need to spend quanta making everything might discourage people from over producing if they happen to have too much ore.

The impression I get is that they don't want production to be "AFK play" nor do they want a set it and forget it system regardless of incongruities their chosen course may cause.  I don't feel up to digging through CCP's old change logs to see when/why they added their version of this system or any of the public discussions about it there just to make a point.  At least with the current implementation it can be tuned as needed without as much risk of breaking stuff.

Thank you @Zeddrick for pointing out the conflict of interest (used in the legal/moral sense) inherent between DACs and the game mechanics that should work better without "fictional future money" being involved (or as involved).  There are a number of RL legal implications (varied by jurisdiction) for quanta being tied to RMT (even if centrally controlled by NQ) and it implicates us all, not just NQ.  For example, if a state/country bans all RMT in games then players in that area must quit playing else they may be held to account by authorities (and some authorities may make it retroactive).  Thankfully, I don't think there are (or likely to be) many players in states/countries that have harsh corporal punishment for minor crimes.  The real risk is when a large governing body (*cough* EU *cough*) bans RMT that may cause NQ and CCP to shutter (or outsource, another layer of risk) their servers.