Dual Universe should change it's target audience.

Shaman

2 minutes ago, Wyndle said:

Some of the people in this forum have been dumping cash and attention onto this game since before anyone could even download the pre-Alpha client.  Perhaps the "not liking" you are perceiving is frustration from losing a version of the game they did like?  Or they could be a troll.  I would test the latter but my supply of troll food is running low and it's a long walk back to my ship.

Did anyone ask you to be on this forum?  I know I wasn't asked, though I've gotten hints that some may want to ask me to leave.

FYI:  the Plus (+) button next to the quote button is for multi-quoting in a single post.

Who asked for your pov, honestly? If you cant give constructive feedback which is always needed, who wants other's pov? Are we not mature enough to understand whats happening ?

21 minutes ago, Elitez said:

Yes but why? Who asked him to be here if he doesnt like the game?

7 minutes ago, Wyndle said:

FYI:  the Plus (+) button next to the quote button is for multi-quoting in a single post.

4 minutes ago, Elitez said:

Who asked for your pov, honestly? If you cant give constructive feedback which is always needed, who wants other's pov? Are we not mature enough to understand whats happening ?

You did.  And I tacked constructive feedback onto my response.  

1 minute ago, Kurosawa said:

@Elitez you are the one that seems unable to handle peoples feedback if it does not align with you viewpoints. sometimes the truth hurt but it must be said, questioning peoples right to be here is bonkers and very negative.

I can handle anything since i am part of the problem. I dont want to read 1000 povs of wishful thinking.

"Guys, guys, lets move on, game dead, guys, stop playing, stop having fun guys...."

A slight rebrand would certainly not hurt the game's odds.

Granted, I haven't played since 0.23, but my Steam Wishlist has been updated recently.

This game doesn't have much going on when compared to other titles (sad, but unfortunately true):

The building is very nice.

The mining is functional after the changes, but it's nothing special (the old system was better in my opinion; I quite enjoyed it)

The economy is "insert opinion here".

Industry is passable, but hardly inspiring in its current form.

There are no survival style aspects to the game at all (no, I'm not counting pvp)

And PvP is not particularly interesting; before people go on a rampage after this comment I'm referring to the inability to create ships with proper teeth to let you rip into your enemies without multi-crew in a latency dominated environment. Also, the clunky nature of the interface and how combat works in general is just plain off-putting.

Jumpgate got PvP right back in 2001, it can't be that difficult to do it these days. I'm not sure what DU has, but it's not PvP; it's just frustration with extra steps (in my opinion).

And before people brand me a "carebear", let me build a proper ship without flight/fight restrictions and you can drop all safezones for all I care. Give me a chance to fight back against gankers/griefers and not just be their "content" and I'm all good. Lose the safezones with the current game mechanics and you can kiss any chances of success goodbye.

18 hours ago, StaticAstraeus said:

A slight rebrand would certainly not hurt the game's odds.

Granted, I haven't played since 0.23, but my Steam Wishlist has been updated recently.

This game doesn't have much going on when compared to other titles (sad, but unfortunately true):

The building is very nice.

The mining is functional after the changes, but it's nothing special (the old system was better in my opinion; I quite enjoyed it)

The economy is "insert opinion here".

Industry is passable, but hardly inspiring in its current form.

There are no survival style aspects to the game at all (no, I'm not counting pvp)

And PvP is not particularly interesting; before people go on a rampage after this comment I'm referring to the inability to create ships with proper teeth to let you rip into your enemies without multi-crew in a latency dominated environment. Also, the clunky nature of the interface and how combat works in general is just plain off-putting.

Jumpgate got PvP right back in 2001, it can't be that difficult to do it these days. I'm not sure what DU has, but it's not PvP; it's just frustration with extra steps (in my opinion).

And before people brand me a "carebear", let me build a proper ship without flight/fight restrictions and you can drop all safezones for all I care. Give me a chance to fight back against gankers/griefers and not just be their "content" and I'm all good. Lose the safezones with the current game mechanics and you can kiss any chances of success goodbye.

Building is awesome. You havent saw the new tool "Voxel Precision Tool" which is insane. You can create any design and sell it.

New factory system is very good too. You can create rare blueprints and sell it. You craft BP in nanopack and sell them or use them. The economy with bots is mainly player driven. I can ask you next week to craft me X, Y, Z bps 10 each.

Industry is the same just harder to craft, no more pre 0.23 scenarios.

Survival is not a thing but they redesigned the planets.

PvP is PvP. You do it for FFA PvP and full loot. Imho DU is in a better than shape than ever but the road to Perfection just started. :)

22 hours ago, StaticAstraeus said:

I've never been a big fan of surface mining and I can tolerate auto miners.  I came to love digging to mine and I have no problem venturing out of safe to get the good stuff, but I miss having more than microgravity.  I would very much appreciate a few of the rocks generating a tad more gravity.  If realism is a factor in deciding when or how to choose which rocks to increase gravity for base it on the RL electromagnetic values of the ore in the rock.

Almost everything else you mention is currently tuned to heavily encourage group play.  It is possible for a single player to do everything in the game (slightly easier with alts), but it would be a full time job instead of a game.