Are there different starting moons for Baker and new players?

Neidhard

As a bonus in my supporter pack it said that I will get two sanctuary territory units for the release.
So now I'm wondering if baker will start on Sanctuary and new players will start on Haven.
I also wonder if it will stay at two territory units as advertised.

Everyone will be starting together on Haven when launch hits where we will each be given 1 tile on said safe moon. Some backers are entitled to additional sanctuary territory units and can use them to lay claim to additional safe moon tiles. Although this has yet to be re-affirmed, it has been previously stated that each player may only claim a single tile on each safe moon. Meaning any additional sanctuary territory units will have to be deployed on the other safe moons like the Sanctuary moon. Thus provided nothing changes backers with this extra territory unit will start on Haven but can optionally travel to Sanctuary to lay claim to an additional safe moon tile there. What happens after that is completely up to the player.

I believe Sanctuary and Haven are two different kinds of "safe moon."  Sanctuary requires STU to claim tiles where Haven you pick the tile you want before you enter the environment of the game.  From what it appears to me, Haven is like a newbie zone where you cannot claim more than 1 tile per character no matter what.  When the game expands into multiple solar systems the STU may become far more valuable than as a tax shield in the safe zone we have currently.

55 minutes ago, Zireaa said:

The way I understand it is that if you have 2 units you can go two sanctuary moon every one else goes two haven  could be wrong it’s kind Vague

Everybody goes to Haven; stated outright in a video.  If you prefer Sanctuary and have at least one STU you can get to a market on Haven and get transported immediately.

As far as I understand, Sanctuary will be your "forever safe" area where you can be certain nothing will be lost, as a reward for backer status, while Haven is the place everyone (including backers) will only have a single tile and will be used for getting started. I can imagine NQ in the future unclaiming tiles from Haven, though, as a way of opening space for new players, so I wouldn't risk leaving important stuff there.

12 hours ago, Wolfram said:

As far as I understand, Sanctuary will be your "forever safe" area where you can be certain nothing will be lost, as a reward for backer status, while Haven is the place everyone (including backers) will only have a single tile and will be used for getting started. I can imagine NQ in the future unclaiming tiles from Haven, though, as a way of opening space for new players, so I wouldn't risk leaving important stuff there.

Wrong.

New players do not get Territory unit which they could use in Sanctuary. They can safely build and keep what ever they want at Heaven. If tiles run out in Heaven NQ can open Sanctuary for NPE.

4 hours ago, kulkija said:

Wrong.

New players do not get Territory unit which they could use in Sanctuary. They can safely build and keep what ever they want at Heaven. If tiles run out in Heaven NQ can open Sanctuary for NPE.

The Sanctuary Territory Unit was originally designed to be a cash shop item, meaning anyone who wants land on Sanctuary should be able to buy one or more STU.  Certain founder/backer packs already have 1-2 STU at launch meaning they get first priority for prime land. 

If NQ has been sand-bagging (it is possible) and we launch with multiple solar systems there is a chance that many who rush to place their STU in the safe space version of Sanctuary will feel cheated out of the real value of the STU once the first Sanctuary in non-safe space is discovered. In the meantime, the STU is a tax dodge with prime locations. 

17 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Best not asked Question, will we be able to pick STU up after placing? if indeed new sanctuary moons are discovered and I want to relocate there i want to be able to pick up my STU 

No, you cant move a STU once its placed.

2 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Best not asked Question, will we be able to pick STU up after placing? if indeed new sanctuary moons are discovered and I want to relocate there i want to be able to pick up my STU 

1 hour ago, CyberDay said:

No, you cant move a STU once its placed.

At the moment you cannot move an STU but that does not mean it cannot be changed later.  If anything I would like to see them combine the mechanics of the STU with the mechanics of the HQ system and perhaps add placement buffs (stacking/in addition) when you use an HQ slot on an STU or other incentives/value added.

do i understand that correctly

only a few hundred players are allowed to have a piece of land on sanct and 99% of all players dont??? I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE START.

so the 1% (or less) get one extra exclusive planet/moon? what is this, is Klaus Schwab running NQ now? is this part of "ZE GREAT RESET"?

i have another question if that is true:

seriously, whos "genius" idea was that?

Edited by Niemand

5 hours ago, Niemand said:

do i understand that correctly

only a few hundred players are allowed to have a piece of land on sanct and 99% of all players dont??? I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE START.

so the 1% (or less) get one extra exclusive planet/moon? what is this, is Klaus Schwab running NQ now? is this part of "ZE GREAT RESET"?

i have another question if that is true:

seriously, whos "genius" idea was that?

According to the kickstarter campaign the Sanctuary Territory Unit (STU) is intended to be a cash shop item.  Having a tri-planet safe zone has dampened the value of a sanctuary moon tile.  Despite that, I have not seen or heard anything to indicate the plan for the STU has changed.