RESET: HOW TO PREPARE - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

36 minutes ago, Gillimus said:

What's happening with the space welfare? Is that going away?

If you are referring to the 150k login payment then it is staying.  They stated that they may adjust the quantity given at some point after launch. 

12 hours ago, Cergorach said:

Seriously, no one choking on this:

I don't see what there is to choke on. You speak in absolutes, you get roasted. Heck, I learned to speak like that when my kids hit maybe 3 years old and started to remember what "I promised".

On 8/27/2022 at 4:33 PM, P4rty_Boy said:

And when the failures are large enough, then the only solution is to fix the mistake & reset the world.

I agree, you fix a mistake and roll back the damage it did. This is NOT what NQ did for two years and that is my issue. They let the damage accumulate, let us pay and play in the mess and then destroyed it all. And this just gives them 'permission' to do it again. No matter how many nice words you use, that is not going to change how I feel about that.

NQ is not an AAA company, so I give them a little more slack, just like I do with every Indie developer. But the difference here is that normally and Indie developer releases a game and you pay money to play it, you own it. If that Indie developer releases a bloody mess and then stops developing it, saying it they will fix it in their Game Name #2 and expect you to buy their new game. That is where my slack giving ends for Indie developers. This is pretty much what NQ did with DU. THEY messed up, they didn't fix it, they let us pay and now expect us to pay more and are giving themselves permission to do it all over again...

Besides this issue, I also have an issue with DU itself, compared to Beta launch two years ago, the only improvements I see are on server stability, maybe performance (graphics) and some quality of life improvements. But the core gameplay mechanics have become way worse, they've become a boring grindfest. So much so that some people, that are huge fans of DU, have refused to do autominers at all (not me, I did insane amounts of automining). Others refuse to do missions for the similar reasons (it's also extremely wasteful of RL energy).

23 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

But the difference here is that normally and Indie developer releases a game and you pay money to play it, you own it.

That is not accurate.  Online games, even of the "one time purchase" variety, normally operate on a per seat/install license with restricted use (ToS, EULA, etc.).

31 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

expect us to pay more

To be fair, it was touted as a subscription service from the beginning (i.e. they always expected more payments).

35 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

it's also extremely wasteful of RL energy

It is a game.  You cannot (directly) produce anything of RL value within the confines of the game legally (Indirectly?  Stream Ad revenue).  I sincerely hope you did not expect anything more than an enjoyable waste of time at the least.

That said, NQ has fumbled a few times.  You have every right to feel hurt by as of yet unfulfilled promises. You have legitimate complaints that have been given more gravity by less than stellar communications from NQ.  I cannot tell how much is negligence, how much is incompetence, and how much is from legal restraint and pressure from (non-player) investors. 

I suspect that future projects will refer to how NQ defined alpha, beta, and release.  Until we have a year of release I would not dare predict if their example will be viewed in a positive manner or not. 

On 8/27/2022 at 4:33 PM, P4rty_Boy said:

Happyness is a choice. Hope to help you to re-ignite the flame. Anticipation is a great feeling! :)

It totally was for 2 years. Now it's more like the last option, not exactly a choice.

On 8/27/2022 at 7:01 PM, Wyndle said:

If you are referring to the 150k login payment then it is staying.  They stated that they may adjust the quantity given at some point after launch. 

It was back to 100k on the PTS this weekend. Not sure if that is indicative of the final release.

If we decide not to subscribe at launch, do our characters sit dormant with their BPs? Is there a time limit before our BPs will be wiped or could we come back in a year or so and they will still be there? 

Are there plans to give us a roadmap setting out the development plans for the game after launch?