RESET: HOW TO PREPARE - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

How will _you_ prepare for the reset, NQ?

This list keeps growing. Will that trend continue until/after launch?

Known Issues

• Ammunition related talents are not working correctly.

• There are some icon inconsistencies in the Talent Menu.

• We have identified localization issues in the UI.

• [Lua] The industry getInfo function field, schematicsRemaining, does not return a value until you request an acquisition from the schematic bank.

• We have temporarily removed the industry tutorial due to several issues.

• Air Delivery and Space Delivery challenges may become blocked when delivering items in multiple trips

• We have identified an issue related to the recomputing of honeycomb on constructs following the honeycomb mass change, specially with blueprints and existing constructs. To resolve this issue, you can simply remove and replace the honeycomb in chunks across a construct to recompute the mass manually. It is likely this issue will remain until the launch.

Regarding all players starting on a level playing field...

It was stated recruit-a-friend rewards carry over to launch.  I assume this means the recruiter's accumulated rewards, which are mostly cosmetic, but it's not 100% clear to me if the recruited friend's rewards do also. Those rewards do "tilt the playing field" (slightly) for the subset of characters that were recruited during beta.  Those of us who started before there were such rewards, or who subscribed without knowing about it, would have no way of getting them (other than starting new recruited characters).

" The talent point and quanta awards will be given on the final day of each month for the first six months of release. Again, you’ll need an active subscription to receive them. "

So, does that mean we will get the first awards on September 30?

The Pioneer Packs' items will be delivered in the first month after launch. If you’d like your collectibles, you’ll need an active subscription, and you’ll need to log into the game during its first month after release to receive them.

The talent point and quanta awards will be given on the final day of each month for the first six months of release. Again, you’ll need an active subscription to receive them.

in other words: to get the pack rewards we need to buy a month sub during the first month ?

and to get ALL the talent points and the quantas we need to remain sub during the 6 months ?

Basically: thanks for backing our game, now pay 6 months to get all your rewards ?!

Or I misunderstood something ?

10 minutes ago, Rahzi said:

" The talent point and quanta awards will be given on the final day of each month for the first six months of release. Again, you’ll need an active subscription to receive them. "

So, does that mean we will get the first awards on September 30?

I asked this for the Ask Aphelia, which has yet to occur since I asked, so I'd like to re-iterate this question:

Will the first monthly reward happen on September 30?

What if someone cannot come online on the last day of the month?
They just dont get any monthly rewards, even with an active subscription?

What is with the DACs many players have?
Can we use them as monthly Sub?

Thanks for the answers in regards

49 minutes ago, Kirth Gersen said:

in other words: to get the pack rewards we need to buy a month sub during the first month ?

and to get ALL the talent points and the quantas we need to remain sub during the 6 months ?

Basically: thanks for backing our game, now pay 6 months to get all your rewards ?!

Or I misunderstood something ?

If you have founder packs you get DACs with them don't you?

44 minutes ago, BiGEdge said:

What if someone cannot come online on the last day of the month?
They just dont get any monthly rewards, even with an active subscription?

If you log in during the month the reward will pay out no earlier than the last day of a calendar month, or your next log in.

How am I preparing? Lets see here...

One week off of work, I might extend it to two weeks.

Telling family I love them, but to leave me alone during this period.

Ensuring the abc fire extinguisher is fully charged and ready at a moment's notice.

Hoping and praying whatever building the servers are in do not spontaneously go up in flames.

Prepping a post in the discord announcement channels advising everyone that the servers have crashed and to please be patient.  <_<

This is causing some confusion:

Finally, if you've subscribed to the game, ensure that you have at least six months of talent training queued up.

Some people are reading this as, you should have your talents queued before launch. 

Can you confirm that this is meant for post-launch? 

18 minutes ago, Gillimus said:

Finally, if you've subscribed to the game, ensure that you have at least six months of talent training queued up.

Some people are reading this as, you should have your talents queued before launch. 

Taking this line out of context is confusing. However in it's full context, it's quite clear that it is referring to queuing talents after launch:

Finally, if you've subscribed to the game, ensure that you have at least six months of talent training queued up. The talent point accelerator event, which is open to all players, will boost your talent point acquisition in the first six months of launch by:

• 100% for the first month
  • 50% for months two, three, and four
  • 25% for months five and six 

Why did you even waste time writing that post? There is literally no new information that wasn't already given in the stream or past AAs.

We don't need you to reiterate known information, we need a definite time for the release! Time zones are a thing you know? If you want to start at server launch you need to know in advance at when the release actually is (27. or 28., 3AM or 3PM etc.) thats the most important information needed to prepare for the release.

1 hour ago, Gillimus said:

Essentially everything except core blueprints are being reset.  That includes talent training queues.  You have to log on at least one time after the official launch and while you are logged in set a training plan that is at least 6 months long to take full advantage of the launch event talent point [passive earning] boosting (2x one month, 1.5x three months, and 1.25x for two months).

42 minutes ago, Distinct Mint said:

Taking this line out of context is confusing. However in it's full context, it's quite clear that it is referring to queuing talents after launch:

Finally, if you've subscribed to the game, ensure that you have at least six months of talent training queued up. The talent point accelerator event, which is open to all players, will boost your talent point acquisition in the first six months of launch by:

• 100% for the first month
  • 50% for months two, three, and four
  • 25% for months five and six 

I see room for some confusion in the statement, and not just with pre/post activities.

32 minutes ago, vylqun said:

Why did you even waste time writing that post? There is literally no new information that wasn't already given in the stream or past AAs.

We don't need you to reiterate known information, we need a definite time for the release! Time zones are a thing you know? If you want to start at server launch you need to know in advance at when the release actually is (27. or 28., 3AM or 3PM etc.) thats the most important information needed to prepare for the release.

I don't know the inner workings of NQ but I have noticed a significant drop off in forum participation.  It is possible the post may have been at least partially motivated by a need to rebuild scuttlebutt (word of mouth, talk) about the game.

The time zones issue should be addressed (looking at you, NQ).  It is understandable to fumble over dates and times when put on the spot during a live stream but it should be clear and obvious in writing by now.  I would even go so far as to pre-emptively state that even if you can't start the server by XX:YY UTC due to launch day issues as long as you're trying your best and keeping us informed the majority of your (current) players will be forgiving.  Most of us have witnessed the insanity of launch day issues and I know how hard it is to see the first new expansion quest giver in the mass of 1,000+ players blobbed around it.

5 hours ago, Cergorach said:

@DarkHorizon You're forgetting the big bottle of anti-depressants! 😉

Seriously, no one choking on this:

No we are not choking on this, because almost everybody that tried to do something ambitious or hard, understand the name of the game. Of course you try to make a universe & not wipe it. Since this is an extremely hard undertaking, there is chances of failure. And when the failures are large enough, then the only solution is to fix the mistake & reset the world. Hopefully, this is the last time - we all hope for this, including the devs. They are not reseting for fun, they are reseting because it is a necessity in order to keep the game fun for enough people, that they make enough money to not go bankrupt (that would be worst than a reset, isn'it?).

So hopefully, the reset will make the game even funnier, with busy markets & a fresh batch of new players. Try to focus on that. Like everyone else I was also a bit bitter of losing everything I built, and all my mining time, etc. But at one point, you need to let go, or you will never be happy about anything. Embrace the fresh start!

Happyness is a choice. Hope to help you to re-ignite the flame. Anticipation is a great feeling! :)

Edited by P4rty_Boy