Game Status

Yo ppl 
Recently I bumped on big signboard "DU COMIN LIVE" or smth like that ;D
I'm wondering hows development progress - is it playable? Gonna be fun? Bugs? Need a strong computer to play steady 30fps?
I remember this game was really nice experience but in development so not everything was working and bugs etc. (alpha/pre-alpha)
How is it now?
Still have my contributor pack here on account - as far as i remember 3 DAC's included in it so i will definately give DU a chance.
What ur thoughts! 

Hey o/

depending on when you played the Alpha (until mid 2020) or the Beta, the game has drastically improved allready...
Beta start was a hell of a ride, with so many bugs that noone were able to call it a game and not even beta.
But after 2 years, it seems the cloud algorythm of DU is able to run more than 200 players in an area flying around or building stuff with ease.

Its not easy to say, how well the game will perform after the launch and reset on 9/27
but even with hundrets of thousands of playermade constructs ingame it depends on where you go...
Many constructs in one place means, many many Gb to load in realtime into your RAM. depending on your system and internetspeed that might drop your FPS for a while.
But its much much better allready than it was 2 years ago, to be honest

Depending on what hardware you have.. If you meet the recommended requirements for DU, the only bottleneck is your internet speed and the distance to the next Server within the servercloud of DU. 
You can check the actual requirements on the DU Steam page Dual Universe bei Steam (steampowered.com)

You backed for the game allready... that means you are still able to play until the servers go down on 9/22
Then you have 2 weeks for free to get back into DU after release on 9/27.
And after all that free trime you will need to use your DACs or subs or whatever.

Welcome back and login right now and check DU for yourself. o/

With an existing account you probably won't have easy access to the new first time player experience.  If the opening playthrough is what you want you can watch a stream/YouTube or try it with a new account much faster and easier than a support ticket to fix your current account.  Since it is still a work in progress you only go through the earliest of basic game play. 

9 hours ago, BiGEdge said:

You backed for the game allready... that means you are still able to play until the servers go down on 9/22

Then you have 2 weeks for free to get back into DU after release on 9/27.

Good post though slightly (accidentally) misleading on this point. As OP is a backer with 3 DAC, they won't get the free 2 weeks as this is only for people with a paid beta subscription (not free beta key) and who's subscription has in fact expired. The 2 weeks is to encourage these lapsed subscribers to give the game another chance.