currentProductAmount, Bug or clueless user?

Tordan

Dear @NQ-Ligo,

I hope you will forgive me for the ping.

During my twitch stream this morning @CodeInfused and I were trying to figure out what the currentProductAmount in industry getInfo() was supposed to be showing. It is bugged? My assumption was that maintainProductAmount was the number you wanted to have, and currentProductAmount was the number you currently had in the destination container. but it was always returning some number either way lower then it should be, like zero, or way larger then it should be, like 1.5trillion when i have 5010.

None of us could figure out what else that number was supposed to represent.

Perhaps you would be so good as to enlighten us. Is it just bugged? and not returning the correct number, or is it supposed to be returning something else?

Thanks!

Upon further testing inspection it does seem that sometimes it does show currentProductAmount correctly. I'm still seeing lots of errata.

I will do more testing... 

even immediately after updateBank() is run on the industry:

sometimes it shows currentProductAmount = 0 when maintain is 10,000 and there are 10,000 in the output container

sometimes it shows currentProductAmount = 336714530816 when maintain is 20000 and there are 20010 in the output container.

As explained in your stream this afternoon, the currentProductAmount is the amount of products produced by the industry since the last startup.

However, there does seem to be a problem with the numbers being too high.

I will check this with the server team.

On 8/30/2022 at 7:02 PM, NQ-Ligo said:

As explained in your stream this afternoon, the currentProductAmount is the amount of products produced by the industry since the last startup.

However, there does seem to be a problem with the numbers being too high.

I will check this with the server team.

Will we get schematicId and schematicsRemaining before launch? Currently they return 0 on live server - the latter returns 0 until you update the bank, which shouldn't be necessary, if I have understood those properties correctly.

6 hours ago, Mncdk1 said:

Will we get schematicId and schematicsRemaining before launch? Currently they return 0 on live server - the latter returns 0 until you update the bank, which shouldn't be necessary, if I have understood those properties correctly.

The schematicId field is deprecated, so return always 0, it's a relic of the industry API before the new schematics were implemented.
For the known issue with updating schematicsRemaining field, we still have some work to do on the server, it will be fixed as soon as possible.