In-game snapshot feature

Serula

Sometimes you want to use screenshots of DU for use on screens in DU. But every image needs to be verified. If we have an ingame snapshot feature you already know it's a valid image that doesn't need a review. The only thing you need to secure is that noone can use a bot to spam snapshots. One level of protection might be that people need a paid account in order to use that feature and not a free account that bots might be able to create in bulk.

Given the dynamic nature of voxels I don't think an automatic pass for screenshots would be advisable.  I could justify making such an in-game feature available for a community board to have opportunity to approve should they meet quorum requirements to help with expediting approvals.

11 hours ago, Wyndle said:

Given the dynamic nature of voxels I don't think an automatic pass for screenshots would be advisable.  I could justify making such an in-game feature available for a community board to have opportunity to approve should they meet quorum requirements to help with expediting approvals.

I thought about that and constructs are not validated either. People make what they want and maybe only if something is reported to be a violation action is taken. They could use the same approach in that case. Someone says hey this image is questionable and then review it. Not sure how much work it is to review everything but it could turn out to be a lot if we get many players.

15 minutes ago, Serula said:

I thought about that and constructs are not validated either. People make what they want and maybe only if something is reported to be a violation action is taken. They could use the same approach in that case. Someone says hey this image is questionable and then review it. Not sure how much work it is to review everything but it could turn out to be a lot if we get many players.

As it stands NQ is the sole arbiter.  Both of us have made suggestions to lighten the load for them going forward.  The route they pick is out of our hands.  I am providing resistance to your suggestion to try to tease more nuance and/or details to help NQ get a better understanding of what you are recommending.