DU still blurred

Arsat74

Hi.

DU is supposed to be released soon and I have watched current Youtube videos.

All Youtube videos are still blurry. As if you had set the wrong resolution.

There was with the beginning of the subscription start with 1-2 patches then the option to turn off what has never really worked and when you talk to people it says only that you can turn off in the meantime ...

But I don't see that in any video... I have only found a current video where it looks reasonably sharp and barely looks down at himself the armor is blurred.

Such blur I normally immediately turn off in any game. Bloom off, postprocessing, blur effects, lens etc....

Unfortunately this still doesn't seem to have changed or does it ?

and is there finally more graphics settings to turn off e.g. bloom, lens, postprocessing ?
I know it just from back then, where the settings did not exist or do not work like in all other games !

Edited by Arsat74

DU is not blurry.

In the options is a check box to turn off "Motion Blur"  only, which only affects motion blur.

(speed blur afaik affects only when flying in ships, the stars/dust moving past your ship have an additional blur affect, I turned it off)

Although Geforce Now can be blurry at times.

YT videos are probably seem blurry because the video has been down scaled in res or something.

Also In game its better to play at the native res of your monitor,

But in short DU is not blurry.

[EDIT] below are the options currently available, Mine is set to res 2560x1600, the native res of my monitor

Hover the mouse over certain options and you get the following ToolTips

"Motion Blur"
Keeps the center of view clear and blurs the surroundings based on the AVATARS speed

"Speed Blur"
Keeps the center of view clear and blurs the surroundings based on the CONSTRUCTS speed (external cameras only)

du settings.jpg

I don't know if this is related, or a different issue, but I mostly play on two different machines.

On my desktop machine I have no blurriness issues.

On my Laptop which is win 10, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti I have terrible issues with blurriness. (latest drivers) Specifically certain game elements like Programming Boards, Doors, Containers etc "degrade" over time until they are just a vague blur.  This issue started when they introduced the new lighting changes, and was not there before that.

Now that you mention it... I have noticed that players appear to be moving particle effects rather than solid bodies.  Almost like an approximation of ray tracing with enough latency to appear ghost-like when moving.

i7-7700

Asrock B250M

XFX Radeon RX 590 8GB GDDR5

24GB DDR4 2400 (3x8GB)

NVMe Gen3x4

Edit 2:  It reminds me of the horrible cursor trails back in Win95 days.

Edited by Wyndle
Oof

DU is blurry when you use the HD resolution...
1920x1080 or less
I dont know what NQ has done since then, but it seems after the implementation of 4k textures about 2 years ago, the game is blurry.
like a fogfilter is above the game. 

In my case, im not able to play the game in higher resolution, but would love to have a sharper view in DU

What helped me:
Turn off all the effects checkboxes and never turn em on again.
Blur effects like Motion Blurr and distance blurr anamorphic lense and depth of field are there to make the game blurry but they are completely useless and make the game look just bad.
Just turn it off

• 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled across something that may or may not help with blurry visuals:  Check your FOV setting.  For some reason it was cranked up to 120 on my client and I didn't set it that way since my latest install of the client.  I dropped it to recommended and most of my distortions went away.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to the demo, I was able to take another look at DU... it's as blurry as ever.

I turned off all settings and still as soon as I move a bit it gets slightly blurry and only gets sharp when I stop.... which doesn't help because the textures look really bad.

Also stand it all just looks bad. As if one would stand in the desert and a light heat flicker is to be seen.

The textures are simply washed out.

Since I don't have these problems in any other games or I can turn them off, it MUST be because of DU.
Others have the same problem with DU.

Bad textures and an engine that wants me to see it all washed out. At the latest when I move.

Really too bad but I do not play such games.

this is what it looks like when I take a screenshot in motion... blurry and no all settings are off Nvidia 1660 TI

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2868202298

Edit : Since I've turned everything off I can't really try anything else... at night it is better and if I pull the FOV to 60 also... during the day... wäh...

90 FOV blurry tree

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2868205503

60 FOV non blurry tree

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2868205562

I'll look again in 4-5 years...

Eh embarrassing... Staying logged in still doesn't work and Dual ID is the name... not the email address... also ancient bug

Edited by Arsat74