Venting Time

Knight-Sevy

Hello,

I follow up on the discussions on this subject:

The changes in value of recent honeycombs are really appreciable.

The increase in the hit points of certain elements as well.

All of this provides a good basis for further balancing. Many of our claims in previous fis still remain up to date, such as the replacement of the cross section by a mechanic more in line with the game's DNA. Or the radar changes to increase the sight distances to adapt to the new speeds and also to prevent L weapons from continuing to destroy at max range XS / S ships.

Now that the reminder of the fundamentals is done. I would like to focus this topic on 1 single element :

Need to talk the " VENTING DURATION "

The problem right now is that we regularly see S-sized ships with L or M shields. And very rarely in S-sized.
I'm not talking about size XS shields which have practically the same use as a decorative element.

The larger size shields remain more interesting than their lower variant + a little voxel and an active use of venting.

But there is a mechanic that NQ can play on : the venting duration.

It is exactly the same duration as it is for a shield XS or a shield L. (100s in basic version)

In my opinion, it will be necessary to reduce this time for small shields.
An XS shield should be able to vent often and be vulnerable for less time than a large L shield.

This could lead to more regular risk-taking by fighter pilots when they think they have a safe window to recharge their shield during combat.

Also if they perform poorly, they risk getting hit and punished.

The most considerate could put a little voxel to leave room for some "error".

This will give the beginning of a "symbiosis" between the shield and the voxel armor during the combat phases which could become very rewarding for the pilot making the right choices at the right time.

What do you think ?

Cc,

Ce que j'en pense ?

C'est très intéressant pour quelqu'un comme moi qui ne s'est jamais intéressé au PVP, dommage que la traduction par Google Trad me fasse perdre un peu la compréhension du topic. 

La vulgarisation amènera sûrement certains à s'intéresser aux vso de chasse et par la même au PVP. 

--

Edited by Messaline

I realize that with a small graph of the stats of the objects one realizes better that the "venting duration" does not change according to the size of the shield.

image.png.0305600b72ac0eae452672a28c4962df.png

This will be a good addition for the XS and S shields which are currently more than shunned by players (we will never see an S ship with an XS shield for example).