DAY ONE GAMEPLANS

J0hnnyB

1 hour ago, Shredder said:

Mine surface rocks, build noob auto miners, queue up schematics, start building something to sell on the market.

This

and for those who haven’t done it in beta, harvesting talents do make it significantly less painful. Small rocks pick up fast. Set to auto and run around sucking them up. Still tedious but way better than it was.

Edited by Hecticus

1 minute ago, PopsiclePete said:

I could tell you all but then I'd have to go do PVP to kill you all which I
A/ do not like or care for
B/can't do because everyone will hide out in safe zone for the first week or so anyway

So, I'll keep my plan to myself ;) 

Aww come on man spill the beans!

10 hours ago, RugesVia said:

I think we are going to have 2 paths to choose from.  First option is you work your way towards an asteroid tracker. This is probably the cheapest route. The second route is working your way towards a triple scanner and autominers and TCU's. 

you forgot the pay to build method with DACs

11 hours ago, RugesVia said:

I think we are going to have 2 paths to choose from.  First option is you work your way towards an asteroid tracker. This is probably the cheapest route. The second route is working your way towards a triple scanner and autominers and TCU's. 

Hello everyone,

this makes me curious. I just heard about this game and started at this night, as I like the idea to start off with everyone at the „same“ level, when there is a wipe next month.

I figured out the basic mechanic and now I’m thinking about, how to start off at the wipe, to get in a position with okayish cash/ressflow. And I’m looking for an intermediate goal to work forward to.

That asteroid thing sounds interesting, did. I got it right, that I need a ship with a bit cargo, a spacedrive and a asteroid tracker, go up there and mine on asteroids like in the old mining videos?

What else would I need, and how do I start off for it.

Would appreciate constructive answers. Also in pm as don’t wanna hijack this thread.

Greetings

WeTeEf

3 hours ago, WeTeEf said:

Hello everyone,

this makes me curious. I just heard about this game and started at this night, as I like the idea to start off with everyone at the „same“ level, when there is a wipe next month.

I figured out the basic mechanic and now I’m thinking about, how to start off at the wipe, to get in a position with okayish cash/ressflow. And I’m looking for an intermediate goal to work forward to.

That asteroid thing sounds interesting, did. I got it right, that I need a ship with a bit cargo, a spacedrive and a asteroid tracker, go up there and mine on asteroids like in the old mining videos?

What else would I need, and how do I start off for it.

Would appreciate constructive answers. Also in pm as don’t wanna hijack this thread.

Greetings

WeTeEf

An advice would be to join an organization as well. As a beginner the game is hard to master.

Edited by Verliezer

53 minutes ago, Verliezer said:

An advice would be to join an organization as well. As a beginner the game is hard to master.

Any recommended tags to look for?  I know there are at least a handful of orgs that help with new players but I couldn't begin to name them at this point.

14 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

My Day 1 gameplan is to read steam forums, and reddit and this forum and laugh and laugh and laugh.

Wait you guys are actually going to play this and not just laugh at suckers who fall for this 'release'?

This is my sandbox. Yeah it’s gonna be a dumpster fire on the forums. Trolls gonna troll. I’m guessing you don’t play the game, just … visit the forums to gloat? And plan to do so extensively on launch day? For a game you aren’t playing it sure has free rent in your head. Who’s a sucker again?

On 8/19/2022 at 2:09 PM, Honvik said:

Teamwork makes the dreamwork!

Oh god! Where is my barf bag? 😉

I'm going between just YOLOing it, see how it all now works and going full out with four accounts and see when I throw up my hands and walk away angry...

On 8/18/2022 at 1:00 PM, MickSalvage said:

Since I'm coming in as a complete noob I have no idea but that's what makes it so exciting!

Enjoy it. There is some crazy stuff to discover when you are getting started. If you need any pointers along the way, feel free to DM me.

On 8/23/2022 at 3:17 PM, Cergorach said:

Oh god! Where is my barf bag? 😉

I'm going between just YOLOing it, see how it all now works and going full out with four accounts and see when I throw up my hands and walk away angry...

hahaha :)

I'd have prefered nobody get anything, bc at least that won't dissolve the fairness (non)argument.

I feel frankly insulted by the fact that everybody can buy into the highest tier. I shouldn't even have the highest tier with my 180€, that should be for people who paid like a month salary or more.

I have to agree. *buys into highest tier*

it’s a cash grab. But if that’s what it takes. .. I’m not gonna assume I know what’s going on behind the scenes at NQ. 

if no one got anything, many people who supported the game through alpha and beta would complain, and rightly. The moral is: people are going to complain.

part of everyone’s day one game plan should be to make sure the noobs know which way to jump.

1 hour ago, Hecticus said:

part of everyone’s day one game plan should be to make sure the noobs know which way to jump.

Nah, the windshield wipers should be effective enough.