Will 1 month subscription be available for new players at launch?

BoostHungry

Title.  I'm trying to get some friends to try the game with me, but the hesitation is real.  I'm hoping that they will be able to try the 1 month subscription for only $10 so they will be more likely to give it a shot instead of being forced to buy 3 months which I know was the case the last time I played.  Can you confirm they will be able to buy the 1 month option via Steam at launch?

Side question: as an alpha backer, I got free beta access and some amount of game time for me at launch.  Will that time be applied to me at launch?  Or what do I have to do to claim that free time?

Hi @BoostHungry,

There will be a free trial server available (separated from the normal world) where your friends can try out the game without spending money, but if you want them to have the real experience, the most guaranteed option here is the DAC. They should be able to activate one and use it for a single month of game time, though I doubt NQ will remove the monthly option any time soon, as they seem to have added that specifically for the release period.

There are two options at the moment (Steam being the third option):

https://www.dualuniverse.game/buy

https://store.markeedragon.com/index.php?cat=360

Both list the 1 month subscription for $9.99/€9.99, that not being available at launch via Steam would be very weird.

Why would you want to remove an option other players might actually want to use?

Thanks all!

While I understand there's a trial server, that's not ideal.  That's fine for some who want to know what the game is, but we would go into it with a true game start approach and go from there.

I do see the 1 month option available today, but it says "Limited Time" on the website.  I do hope that option is available as a Steam option at launch.  Convincing people to try it through Steam for just 1 month feels surprisingly easier than getting them to go through a website.  I know that sounds crazy, but when hesitation is involved, any barrier to entry can be declared the stopping point.

7 hours ago, BoostHungry said:

I do see the 1 month option available today, but it says "Limited Time" on the website. 

It may only be temporary for the website but permanently on Steam.  If I knew that I was under 90 days from launch and Steam only players would likely skew towards month by month I would make the backend ready for 1 month subs and test it with returning Beta players just before launch.   That's just me though, NQ may have other plans.