DUAL UNIVERSE LAUNCH DATE - WISHLIST US ON STEAM - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

What is the expected timeline for adding the planets back?

You can't just remove more than half of the planets and give a vague "They're coming later..."

WHEN? Will all the planets be added within, say, a month? 3 months? a year?

Removing 7 out of 12 planets and then launching the game seems completely insane to me.

will you regenerate all planets moons and sanctuary/haven geography? Please specify if the new haven will be changed at all or it will be the same as the current?.

The removal of some planets makes sense since you want to give new players a smaller staring ground. Smart! Just hope to get an estimate on when we can expect them back :)

Added the game on my Wishlist (even tough I'm a ruby founder) hope that helps!

Only negative thing is that I'm still hoping to get all my talent points back instead of 20%... That the only 'negative feedback' I got to be honest.

Looking forward to playing the new FTUE and settle on haven!

6 minutes ago, Calisius said:

The removal of some planets

Is only temporary while they polish the new terrain system.  We'll get all of the same planets back after they make them look and work better.

33 minutes ago, Mncdk1 said:

What is the expected timeline for adding the planets back?

You can't just remove more than half of the planets and give a vague "They're coming later..."

WHEN? Will all the planets be added within, say, a month? 3 months? a year?

Removing 7 out of 12 planets and then launching the game seems completely insane to me.

I assume they will put them back in when the player base is big enough. It’s their way of making sure the world feels full at the start. It’s a good idea if you ask me.

Why dont we just remove the planets forever? We don't need all of them, they spread the player base out too much, and they have almost zero purpose right now. Then just shrink the safe zone back to the alioth market region and smoon/haven.

This was the most disappointing stream I've seen for a major announcement you literally didn't release any new feature rich new additions.

I expected a major announcement to be new systems coming for launch like territory warfare which was due last year or energy systems.

Do you folks realise adding either of those two features later on is not ideal especially energy ?.

I totally understand the planets and I also equally hoped a chance to move them all closer to avoid the snooze fest of flying slowboating.

Anyway it's disheartening indeed after all these years playing.  Your not convincing people to give it a go.

Honvik 

45 minutes ago, Noddles said:

Why dont we just remove the planets forever? We don't need all of them, they spread the player base out too much, and they have almost zero purpose right now. Then just shrink the safe zone back to the alioth market region and smoon/haven.

100% this.  its way better to stick with only 5 planets, and Haven, and i guess alioth a safe zone.  then you can do a new solar system expansion. that could add to some exploration.  Only increase as needed 12 planets, 30+ moons and 1mil tiles....for maybe 10k players (if your lucky) is just wasted space.  This is an MMO you want to encourage player interaction. 

I appreciate the idea to release the game through Steam, but I have an intense feeling it's going to get crucified in the reviews.

Steam will open the game up to a wider audience as it deserves and needs the playerbase, but releasing as a full release with a sub when it's still missing its core pillars and features will not go down well. If it was through an early access system players may be more forgiving but as it stands I feel it will not go well.

I hope I'm proved wrong.

i din't read in any place for years about DACS when that mechanic going to start working? when we, founders, gonna recieve the merch of the packs? do you going to make advanced tutorial and give clear information to new players that is imposible in short time for them to make a all components industry? are you sure people gonna play a game that is a voxel sandbox that as solo/duo can only mine and sell/buy ships cos is imposible in short time to have their own made by them? (and by own made i mean a decent M or L made of voxels and elements crafted by them) 

i leave game cos that stpd mechanic of implement bps stupidly overpriced and incredibly staged forcing you to use literaly a year playing the game to earn enough points of experience to unlock advanced ones. i don't know i like hardcore games but i hate games that FORCE YOU waste your time for nothing.

hope the new wipe and new people give a little of bight to the game, if not... well hope you implement the dacs to sell mines.

2 hours ago, Vilhelm said:

Without downsizing current safezones I am not interested in comming back to the game.

This game was supposed to have varied pvp/territory warefare gameplay but it has just become another PVE coop ship builder.

This right here. We were promised only Sanc and 20km of safe zone around ark ship.  Until that is deliverd dont see how I can give them any money.  I dont want some PVE builder game, if I do id play space engineers or another game.  Voxels suck for the most part its not like they support anything, shit just magically floats in the air no physics.  StarBase at least actually have to plan to hold proper weight and build for function.  The selling point of DU was single shard where the players make the content and choose.   You cant have that if everything is in the safe zone.  

Love the proposed updates and looking forward to re-building!

Any chance for a voxel copy size increase or increase to the basic voxel tools (square, sphere, cone, etc) max size - that would be a lot easier to make if some of the tools we have could just go about....10 notches bigger 

I'm looking to put down half dome buildings the size of an M Core-L Core widths. The tools- as powerful as they are sometimes feel like they could use a little boost.

Anxious as all hell right now about launching, launch next month beat every expectation I had set, and I'm quite terrified. I don't say that to make noise and get attention, it's really how I feel right now.

So much went wrong over the course of beta, starting with the fact that NQ did not treat the beta phase as a proper testing phase. I've harped on it so much, soft launch was a mistake. I don't want to say it's fatal, but if things go south, that's the first thing I'm going to blame.

As far as launching on steam goes, I'll echo another player that lacking the label that the game is not complete at its core (territory warfare, etc) is a bad idea. You have to be honest, open, and blindingly transparent about what is currently lacking in terms of expectations. The community has their own opinions on these traits of NQ, of which I think we're all very well aware of, so I'll leave it at that.

Really wish we could hear from JC, especially since he was responsible for kicking off DU, it's probably a big moment for him on a very personal level too.

I'm really happy for NQ, I've been a ruby founder and have been here since the mid-Kickstarter days and damn has it been one hell of a ride. I'm also 'I need a new pair of drawers' level scared, and then some.

If we're launching for real this time, I hope you get it right.

I hope.

Cant say well done, if they release a unfinished game, again. We acepted a unfinished release in the beta, but unfinished game in the release?

The core mechanics are not in the game:

-Territory Warfare

-Atmosferic Combat

-Alot planet rework pending

-No energy system

-No economy loop

This is just push the game to another Wipe, once they finish all pending features, or  close the project, wen steam bad coments doom it.

Edited by Sycopata

39 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

Cant say well done, if they release a unfinished game, again. We acepted a unfinished release in the beta, but unfinished game in the release?

The core mechanics are not in the game:

-Territory Warfare

-Atmosferic Combat

-Alot planet rework pending

-No energy system

-No economy loop

This is just push the game to another Wipe, once they finish all pending features, or  close the project, wen steam bad coments doom it.

There’s more content in DU now than there was when Eve launched. Sure they don’t have everything, but it’s in the pipeline and there’s plenty to do for now. 

6 minutes ago, Shredder said:

There’s more content in DU now than there was when Eve launched. Sure they don’t have everything, but it’s in the pipeline and there’s plenty to do for now. 

I think that there are enough systems and play loops for this to function as an MMO.  One thing that Eve didn't have to contend with that DU may face is Steam review brigades.  It is possible for one troll to put the hurt on sales. 

1 hour ago, Wyndle said:

I think that there are enough systems and play loops for this to function as an MMO.  One thing that Eve didn't have to contend with that DU may face is Steam review brigades.  It is possible for one troll to put the hurt on sales. 

i expect "Mixed" reviews which would be accurate imho. most negative reviews will say: "unfinished", "grindfest", "boring", "subscription? lol" and they are not that wrong... but NQ knows that and has to move forward and keep improving the game.