How will accounts created from a "beta key" be considered?

Leniver

Hello,

I went through most of the posts and announcements, but I didn't see anything about this.

The way iron-gold backers are treated is very well explained.

However, I have an account received by a friend via a beta key. I have it since August 2020 and it is impossible for me to buy game time for it.

It is therefore impossible for me to receive the "advanced", "rare" or "exotic" pack.

There is no point in getting excited about the beta keys. The subject is not there, I just want to know how this account will be considered.

I don't think I'm the only one in this case.

Hello Leniver, it is currently possible to add a subscription to beta key accounts by pressing the play now button on the website when logged in to your DU account. This however would limit you to a max of 12 months as that is currently the largest length of time in which you can subscribe. To go beyond this amount you would need to supplement it with a gametime code. These codes can be purchased from the Markee Dragon website (they are an authorized reseller as stated in the lastest Ask Aphelia FAQ). Any codes applied to your account add to your total and NQ have confirmed that codes applied before launch will count towards the pioneer packs. Hope that helps. Please reply back if anything is unclear or if you have further questions.

the problem is we free beta key folks really get nothing for testing for 2 years.......that is the elephant in the room.Will we sub up,after becoming an afterthought?

As it stands right now, i was going to have several accounts. i think telling us to sub up for 13 months to get a so so reward....is insulting.i couldn't sub back when it would have helped,thats on NQ.i won't sub at all now

34 minutes ago, Maliciouss1 said:

the problem is we free beta key folks really get nothing for testing for 2 years.......that is the elephant in the room.Will we sub up,after becoming an afterthought?

As it stands right now, i was going to have several accounts. i think telling us to sub up for 13 months to get a so so reward....is insulting.i couldn't sub back when it would have helped,thats on NQ.i won't sub at all now

You've have been playing for 2 years on a free beta account and somehow feel you haven't gotten value from that? You received 2 years of completely free game time and feel you still need compensation for your own time spent playing?

If you've enjoyed playing the game over that time surely NQ should receive some form of monetary input from you as payback? Or should they continue to allow you more rewards when you've given nothing back?

If you've not enjoyed playing then don't pay a sub, that's your choice. You make it sound like you've been tied to your PC and forced to play for the past 2 years against your will and demand recompense.

I backed the game, paid money, played for a little longer than two years, enjoyed my time and will be back after release and enjoy the extra bonus rewards because I paid for them. As far as I'm concerned I paid to play the game. 

On 8/16/2022 at 6:39 PM, Maliciouss1 said:

The EULA is pretty clear regarding what you get when you enter the beta. You got to play a beta version of a game for two years. The privilege was yours. All of the people receiving a pioneer pack spent money on the game at some point. You played for free. 

If all free beta accounts were given this reward, you would be back here complaining that alpha backers that received beta keys were getting multiple rewards, one for their main account and more for their alts playing on beta keys. That would be the conclusion if we followed down this path of backwards logic and the end result would make zero sense at all. to either NQ or the testers.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:39 PM, Maliciouss1 said:

It's a fair thing, you all got to play the beta completely for free, while others paid for it. You can still get the rewards by getting a subscription, no big deal, you can get the first reward just by paying a single month at $10.

Also, since many of the free beta keys were used in alts, it could end up messing with the balance at launch or leading to people selling those accounts. A big no-no.