Jump to content

Ask Aphelia #13 and Reset Announcement FAQ - Discussion Thread


NQ-Nyota
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Honvik said:

Disappointing that your keeping the SZ's post wipe.  It was an opportunity to start afresh.  Take a leaf out of Star Citizen.  Wheres the conflict mechanics?


Safe zone is needed for Second Life activities. They can easily release in 2023 a new system without Safe Zones. Its not like they want but its needed. The majority population is PvE in DU and it will be PVE!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Elitez said:


Safe zone is needed for Second Life activities. They can easily release in 2023 a new system without Safe Zones. Its not like they want but its needed. The majority population is PvE in DU and it will be PVE!

 

They dont need SZ everywhere.  You can warp from one to another.  For a Civ/Conflict game its a huge shame.  Star Citizen does it well its risky and good reward (yea it lacks building in SC tho) it was their one opportunity to resolve it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Honvik said:

 

They dont need SZ everywhere.  You can warp from one to another.  For a Civ/Conflict game its a huge shame.  Star Citizen does it well its risky and good reward (yea it lacks building in SC tho) it was their one opportunity to resolve it.

 

The interdiction mechanic in SC is amazing too. Allows people to pull people from warp, pirate, create conflict. But it's not OP and smart people can get around it at times, it's very balanced atm on SC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I understanding this correctly:

 

Everyone starts on Haven, and so gets a tax-free tile to run autominers on there.

Backers (those with a free Sanctuary Territory Unit) can also claim a tax-free tile on Sanctuary, and run autominers for free there too?

 

So Backers can save 500q/week on automining (tile tax) fees for T1 ore?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Distinct Mint said:

Am I understanding this correctly:

 

Everyone starts on Haven, and so gets a tax-free tile to run autominers on there.

Backers (those with a free Sanctuary Territory Unit) can also claim a tax-free tile on Sanctuary, and run autominers for free there too?

 

So Backers can save 500q/week on automining (tile tax) fees for T1 ore?

The fact that Sanctuary is limited makes me oddly happy.  I wasn't even thinking about tile tax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Q: Will we be able to choose between Haven and Sanctuary in the new FTUE?

A: At launch, everyone will start on Haven during the FTUE. However, players who have an additional Sanctuary Territory Unit as a reward from a Supporter Pack they pledged, will be able to settle themselves on the Sanctuary moon.

What is the cutoff requirement on this?  Clearly the individual accounts who purchased founder/supporter packs get this but what about key accounts and subscribing beta accounts?  Or is it limited only to those who actually placed a STU prior to wipe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Wyndle said:

What is the cutoff requirement on this?  Clearly the individual accounts who purchased founder/supporter packs get this but what about key accounts and subscribing beta accounts?  Or is it limited only to those who actually placed a STU prior to wipe?

The STUs are part of various Backer packs. If you have a pack, you will know whether or not you have an STU as part of it. Beta accounts (free or paid) won't have this.

 

So my Patron pack main account will get a STU. But my (free) beta-key account deriving from the alpha account, won't get it (probably).

Of course, NQ may surprise us tomorrow, but currently it looks like only backer accounts (with STU in their pack) will get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Distinct Mint said:

The STUs are part of various Backer packs. If you have a pack, you will know whether or not you have an STU as part of it. Beta accounts (free or paid) won't have this.

 

So my Patron pack main account will get a STU. But my (free) beta-key account deriving from the alpha account, won't get it (probably).

Of course, NQ may surprise us tomorrow, but currently it looks like only backer accounts (with STU in their pack) will get it.

That's what it sounds like to me as well.  I was looking for clarification for my key-alt who has a tile on Sanctuary but I suspect others will also want to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Distinct Mint said:

Am I understanding this correctly:

 

Everyone starts on Haven, and so gets a tax-free tile to run autominers on there.

Backers (those with a free Sanctuary Territory Unit) can also claim a tax-free tile on Sanctuary, and run autominers for free there too?

 

So Backers can save 500q/week on automining (tile tax) fees for T1 ore?

 

With no adjacency bonuses, so who cares, really? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Distinct Mint said:

Am I understanding this correctly:

 

Everyone starts on Haven, and so gets a tax-free tile to run autominers on there.

Backers (those with a free Sanctuary Territory Unit) can also claim a tax-free tile on Sanctuary, and run autominers for free there too?

 

So Backers can save 500q/week on automining (tile tax) fees for T1 ore?

sorry my previous post was reply to this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Celestis said:

MUs are not free on Sanctuary, they cost time and effort in the horrible calibration you have to keep doing.

 

Yes, there is the calibration cost. So the calculation is whether the 500k quanta you save on tile tax is greater that what you would gain from the income of a similar tile (same number of MUs and calibrations) as part of a flower on a planet/moon, but for which you pay the tile tax. It should be a straightforward calculation (that I didn't do ;-p).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Distinct Mint said:

Yes, there is the calibration cost. So the calculation is whether the 500k quanta you save on tile tax is greater that what you would gain from the income of a similar tile (same number of MUs and calibrations) as part of a flower on a planet/moon, but for which you pay the tile tax. It should be a straightforward calculation (that I didn't do ;-p).

After reset, I think I'll just go to the market.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 7:03 PM, Tional said:

 

With no adjacency bonuses, so who cares, really? 

I believe some of the higher backers might be getting 2 STUs, could be wrong though.  Though if you nestle altogether with your org and set the perms right, I could be wrong again, but perhaps mega org mining flower?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ruthgar said:

I believe some of the higher backers might be getting 2 STUs, could be wrong though.  Though if you nestle altogether with your org and set the perms right, I could be wrong again, but perhaps mega org mining flower?

 

None of that is true. Orgs can't claim hexes on Haven or Sanctuary. Nobody can claim more than one hex on either. And the owner of the hex determines the adjacency bonuses, if any.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not much talk of all the rewards that we are suppose two get we will see I would like two at least see some concept art on support pet 

or are they trying two no deliver on the promises in these pacs 

2B1DEC1F-4233-4E1F-BBB2-93EFFF8D11FB.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 8:21 PM, Tional said:

 

None of that is true. Orgs can't claim hexes on Haven or Sanctuary. Nobody can claim more than one hex on either. And the owner of the hex determines the adjacency bonuses, if any.

Your right, orgs can't claim hexes.  BUT their members can, and I believe if the DRMS are set correctly org members can mine for the ORG on the Haven/Sanctuary tiles and if they're next to other members of their Org, they MIGHT be able to get the MU mining bonuses.  But this is not something that I have tested due to most of my Org being inactive waiting on updates/launch.  This is a potential bonus for Org members to settle next to each other on Haven & Sanctuary, not definate though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ruthgar said:

Your right, orgs can't claim hexes.  BUT their members can, and I believe if the DRMS are set correctly org members can mine for the ORG on the Haven/Sanctuary tiles and if they're next to other members of their Org, they MIGHT be able to get the MU mining bonuses.  But this is not something that I have tested due to most of my Org being inactive waiting on updates/launch.  This is a potential bonus for Org members to settle next to each other on Haven & Sanctuary, not definate though.

 

You can believe whatever you want, it doesn't make it true. You're also wrong. Hex ownership is all that matters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven is limited to one tile per character but the same is not true for Sanctuary.  Some of the backers get 2 STU immediately and I have not seen any information about the initial STU cash shop plan changing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mining Units have been out a really long time, it is hard to believe there is still disinformation out there about how they work.

 

Adjacency bonus is based on the owner of the hex. Period, end of story.

 

Yes, some people will be able to get a small adjacency bonus on Sanctuary, but it doesn't sound like the STU will be available to buy at launch, so getting a big mining farm on Sanctuary right away will be difficult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...