The big Heist

Sycopata

NQ is pulling a big heist on veteran players.

To analyze this robbery, let's express this in numbers.

To access the basic pack of launch rewards, it is enough with 1 to 3 months of subscription, and with that, after 6 months of play you will have 16 million additional skill points, this translated into numbers means:

1 month of sub = 16 million/month

3 months of sub = 5.3 million/month

To access the largest pack you require 13+ months of sub and with it at 6 months you earn 28.9 million additional skill points, this translated into numbers means:

13 months of sub = 2.2 million/month

24 months of sub = 1.2 million/month

Any good thief would realize that they are trying to get some subs, before the launch, because the reward for having 1 month of sub is 7x greater than the minimal time for get the big pack, and 13x greater than the reward for 2 years of loyal sub.

Edited by Sycopata

There's more numbers at play than what you've outlined.  Sure, the percent value of each reward set has diminishing returns but you left out the potential monetary savings of pre-purchasing 12 months up-front.  Then there's the subjective/emotional value of knowing you can access the game in the following month without additional expense.

39 minutes ago, PopsiclePete said:

The calculation is fairly simple

Regardless of the pack you have, for the first 6 months you train at 135 points per minute (1.5x), instead of 90 and you get the bonus TP on top of that.

1-3 months gets you 6M extra

4-12 months gets you 12M extra

> 12 months gets you 24M extra

I think it's pretty straight forward and makes sense from a numbers perspective. I see no robbery here, just a fairly basic reward scheme.

> 12 months gets you 18M extra

recive 1.5x exp bost, and 6M flat exp, just for 1 month of sub pre release, sems extreme reward, compared on what recive the guys whith 1+ year sub. Just my opinion for sure.

Edited by Sycopata

To clarify the bonus skill points and quanta are allocated to players at the end of every month over the first 6 months of release. Thus the cumulative talent point reward trend (neglecting any passive skill training) would look something like this. (Note: 1M/month for Advanced, 2M/month for Rare, 3M/month for Exotic)

image.png.fce539179d8f03967f872fcc34f2427a.png

Now subscription costs vary a little bit based on the taxes in each country/region but for the sake of argument lets assume that a one month sub costs $13. If we perform your proposed analysis and take a look at the total number of skill points rewarded per dollar spent (ignoring any discounts from purchasing larger subscription packs) then we arrive at the following relationship.

image.png.8dd6175ac2da2f5b0955fc61ad5c377a.png

As you can see there is indeed diminishing returns like Wyndle indicated so please take this into consideration when deciding whether or not to upgrade your Pioneer Pack. Obviously if you want to be frugal the best option is to meet the minimum subscription requirement for the reward tier you are targeting but remember you don't have to upgrade if you don't want to. These packs are primarily a thank you from NQ and its perfectly fine to just accept it. Cheers.

19 minutes ago, PopsiclePete said:

True.. corrected.. 

It does not really change much though, the exotic gets 3x the reward of advanced. The only tweaks I would have made is to award advanced to 1-4 months, award rare to 5-11 months and bring it down to 1.5M/month for 9M and 12+ months get exotic but that is a very minor thing to be honest.

@Msoul

Not taking the discount for a 12 month sub into account is going to invalidate your stats big time

1 month sub is €10

12 month sub is €7/month

The TP/month ratio is really not a relevant argument here and how do you even get to these numbers? the amount you need to have been subbed to qualify does not even come into play here. You can't count the qualifying "investment" in any of this.

There is no "diminishing returns", every pack yields the same result over the six months, 135TP/minute and 1,2 or 3 M TP extra per month for 6 months respectively.

You are exluding the 1.5x exp bost for 6 months, this bost is valuable, and you get this bonus equal, if you have 1 month sub or 13 months sub.

All you have to do now is sign up for one of the subscriptions to get these packages if you haven't invested anything financially in the game so far, so all with a free beta key.
I don't quite understand why these packages are so bad now. There are actually very few things in them compared to what you will lose in the game at the moment. So it's just a little compensation on a financial basis.

5 minutes ago, PopsiclePete said:

No I'm not. 

I also state that I'm not sure if that boost is even part of the packs or a general one available to all.

It seems you are saying:
I get 6M bonus points when I pay $10

I get 18M bonus points when I paid $95

That is not how this works ..

what I try to explain, without much success, is that in a fair world, someone who subscribes for a month, would not receive much more benefits in relation to what he invests, than players who have been paying for 2 years, and the The only logical reason I see for this decision is that NQ tries to capture subs from trial accounts, for players who want to have alters. And honestly it seems very dirty.

4 hours ago, PopsiclePete said:

Not taking the discount for a 12 month sub into account is going to invalidate your stats big time

1 month sub is €10

12 month sub is €7/month

The TP/month ratio is really not a relevant argument here and how do you even get to these numbers? the amount you need to have been subbed to qualify does not even come into play here. You can't count the qualifying "investment" in any of this.

There is no "diminishing returns", every pack yields the same result over the six months, 135TP/minute and 1,2 or 3 M TP extra per month for 6 months respectively.

You make a good point but it is difficult to account for said discounts because they are technically optional and hence some players may have played all of beta on a monthly subscription. With regards to the second graphic, the idea was to follow through with Sycopata's investigation on how the pioneer pack's talent rewards scale with time subscribed to Dual Universe. However, rather than time I decided to reference dollars directly as I felt the resulting chart could more easily assist players in calculating the merits of adding additional gametime before launch. I personally prefer to view these packs more as a reward but as of writing many players are trying to decide if they should resub to hit a higher tier. All this chart does is take the total bonus skill points for each pack (ie: 6M 12M and 18M respectively) and divide it by the cumulative subscription costs. Thus it highlights the talent point cost efficiency which I believe could be helpful for some. Naturally this does not take into account the other Pioneer Pack rewards so please do keep that in mind.

4 hours ago, Sycopata said:

what I try to explain, without much success, is that in a fair world, someone who subscribes for a month, would not receive much more benefits in relation to what he invests, than players who have been paying for 2 years, and the The only logical reason I see for this decision is that NQ tries to capture subs from trial accounts, for players who want to have alters. And honestly it seems very dirty.

I understand the point you are trying to make here but I believe that a flat rate of skillpoints/time would create too large of a discrepancy between players. By applying the current rewards we end up with a more balanced outcome in the long run. Veteran players still keep their edge but its not so large where it becomes a potential problem.

I have a different view on it.

If you have subscribed for 1 month, in exchange for losing the 3.8 million skills in the wipe, it will give you 6 million and 1.5x bost

If you have subscribed for 2 years, in exchange for losing 96 million skills in the wipe, they will give you 18 million and 1.5x bost

In both cases you will have to pay 6 months sub, to enjoy a gift in the first case, and suffer a robbery in the second.

Edited by Sycopata

1 hour ago, PopsiclePete said:

Provided you subscribe for an additional 6 months at least

The 1.5x TP boost may not even be part of the pack

No, you get 3x the bonus TP someone who subbed for 1 month gets for at worst the same amount per month and you may even have a running sub, so you do not actually pay anything extra for it. same comment on the boost

I get what you are saying but feel you are pretty much completely off target in your reasoning. But as I'm pretty sure you will not be able to see it any other way. no point in trying again.

basically your point of view only makes sense, if someone subscribes right now, and has to decide if he is going to subscribe for 1 month or 12 months, if he subscribes for 1 month he receives X and if he subscribes for 13 months he receives X3, but you don't take considering what is lost, while a player who subscribes for 1 month earns x2 his investment, who subscribes for 24 months loses x5 his investment, they are too basic mathematics to spend two hours discussing, if you feel satisfied, good for you, i feel robbed.

Edited by Sycopata