Achievement rewards are negligible. Increase the talent point reward greatly to make them fun.

TobiwanKenobi

NQ, the talent point rewards for achievements are so tiny that they might as well not exist. Yet these achievements could be a fun and rewarding activity to pursue if they gave meaningful rewards. An easy way to increase player engagement and give them 'something to do' would be to increase these rewards by A LOT. It would also motivate people to learn other parts of the game that they haven't yet experienced.

Examples: 
First Blood - Destroy 1 ship of size XS: 120pts --> 5000pts (about one hour worth of training)

Master Gunner - Shoot all types, variants, and sizes of ammo: 3240pts --> 50,000pts (about ten hours worth of training)

Factory Master - Have at least 50 industry units running simultaneously: 1080pts --> 25,000pts

Speed Freak - Reach max speed for the first time: 120pts --> 5000pts

Billionaire - Reach 1B in your wallet: 9720pts --> 129,600pts (a full day of training)

Expert Miner - Extract ore from 20 different planets or moons: 9270pts --> 129,600pts

etc. etc.

Give us rewards that we can be excited about and achievements will be fun! It will give players lots of things to do at launch and encourage them to experience all the game has to offer.

Edited by TobiwanKenobi

I absolutely agree.
rewards for achievements are so small that I don't pay attention to this unnecessary element of the game.
If he was promoted, then maybe it would really be useful for people.
It is very strange that someone came up with such meager sums of rewards for them)

A full day of training for Level 5 achievement? I think it's too small reward. I would like to see the curent rewards would be increased up to 100x. So, for any level 5 achievement a player should recieve 1M of tallent points.

10 hours ago, Sawafa said:

So, for any level 5 achievement a player should recieve 1M of tallent points.

Ehh, that might be a bit much. Maybe for some of the really hard ones it would be okay, like for achieving Billionaire, but some of those level 5 achievements are pretty easy to complete.

Before they can change the rewards for achievements they need to fix how the achievements are recorded. As of now you can get an achievement without even doing anything. For example standing close to (within the construct I believe) an industry unit gives you industry achievements whether you touched the machine or not, you don't even need rights to the machines or construct at all.

Fiddly...

On the one hand it would be nice to see some larger payouts there...
On the other there are a lot of achievements that amount to "do a thing with stuff you can pass to your friends/org-mates so that y'all can will have it 5 mins after the first person does"...

Increasing the achievements' payout to make them individually significant will probably require re-working what earns what so that this time around when I throw 256 plants and 256 encampment chairs on to the roof of my cargo-shuttle along with a few other achievement-related bits, my org (or any other) doesn't play a game of "hot-potato" with the shuttle like they did back when beta started to earn 200 people all the top-end achievements.

I'm all for it, but we need to adjust the achievement-rankings first.

Currently, achievements are only to satisfy collecting habits, and their quantity is clearly too low as a source of TP.
If TP is obtained only by elapsed time, there is no motivation to actively play.It should be greatly increased.

As a side note, as an alt player, I would like to be able to track my progress in each issue.

On 8/12/2022 at 5:47 AM, TobiwanKenobi said:

NQ, the talent point rewards for achievements are so tiny that they might as well not exist. Yet these achievements could be a fun and rewarding activity to pursue if they gave meaningful rewards. An easy way to increase player engagement and give them 'something to do' would be to increase these rewards by A LOT. It would also motivate people to learn other parts of the game that they haven't yet experienced.

Examples: 
First Blood - Destroy 1 ship of size XS: 120pts --> 5000pts (about one hour worth of training)

Master Gunner - Shoot all types, variants, and sizes of ammo: 3240pts --> 50,000pts (about ten hours worth of training)

Factory Master - Have at least 50 industry units running simultaneously: 1080pts --> 25,000pts

Speed Freak - Reach max speed for the first time: 120pts --> 5000pts

Billionaire - Reach 1B in your wallet: 9720pts --> 129,600pts (a full day of training)

Expert Miner - Extract ore from 20 different planets or moons: 9270pts --> 129,600pts

etc. etc.

Give us rewards that we can be excited about and achievements will be fun! It will give players lots of things to do at launch and encourage them to experience all the game has to offer.

agree