Will You Stay After The Wipe?

Megabosslord

1 hour ago, Megabosslord said:

I used to like the Discord, but I just got banned for sharing a NQ forum post - despite it not being about the Alpha, and the NDA having been lifted 2 yrs ago: 

I have noticed that certain discussion rules around this game are overly strict and swiftly enforced.  I dare not say more as I already have two perm strikes that may or may not be related to discovering this.

17 hours ago, CousinSal said:

Bro, the 30k cap for all ships before was "arbitrary". Now it's tied to mass. That's the opposite of arbitrary.  

LOL, I think you find that the 30K was at least fair and not as arbitrary as you might think since the current scientific consensus is the max speed of the universe is the speed of light (or close to it), which means the speed limit has a basis in current scientific fact (just missing a few zeros off the max speed). 

As for making it about mass, this is completely unrealistic and therefore chosen, hence arbitrary.

If we were going to make an arbitrary system it would be a max speed set at light speed (Ish) and then the engine performance on the ships would determine the max acceleration to this max speed, which is the thing that is no longer part of the game and anyone who actually had to fly from point a to point b before they made the change compared to now really does not like this change at all.

Only the PVP's who could not fly their ships well enough to get a hauler before it reached max speed had any issues with the previous way it worked. I know they use the excuse of the missions but It only increased the time to make these missions at least one person running them said it made no difference to the way he does them. So I am not convinced this is anything other than a bad change and you will never convince me otherwise.

actually the 30k speed cap at the time was all the server could handle, calculation wise  because that was all the server could handle reliably

NQ actually said 30k was all they could do...reliably in relation to other ships near you, calculating their position relative to you.  (Prior to that in pre-alpha it was 20k)

So it wasnt just an arbitrary number there was a reason for it.

now the cap is 50k and they have added mass into it,  Clearly now the server can handle 50k reliably after further optimisation

and before you go on about the 250k warp speed, there wasnt any warp drives in pre-alpha, you had to schlep at 20k to all the planets.

I highly suspect I'll go check out the PTS if they are wise enough to actually test before releasing.  If not, I'll hop on, mostly for old times sake.  I easily logged 3000 hours in the almost 4 years between pre-alpha and 0.23.  I doubt I've logged 10 hours since then.  Just ask my wife how much coffee she delivered when I played 36 hours straight of a 48 hour test window (gotta love that gal!).

Will I stay after checking it out?  Very iffy.  Let me know when this is happening relative to Crimson Desert and/or Starfield release - both of those are going to be a big grab of my time and I tend to only play one thing at any given time.  So as a filler until something else grabs my attention?  Perhaps.

6 minutes ago, Ghangi said:

You can actually check your play time in the client. You just need to log in and then press Esc.

157 days, 11 hours - so 3,779 hours.  Almost 2 man-years at a typical 40hr/week job with 2 weeks vacation.

Yes i will stay

i have 190 days (4560 hours) of gameplay
i take some pleasure playing - building - ship making - industry - pvp - mining

for sure i will rebuild a base and an industry
for sure i will builds ships pve and pvp
for sure i will fight on asteroid and alien core

Interesting. More folks on the forum saying they'll stay. More on reddit saying they'll leave.

Is the forum a bubble? 

reddit is also a salty bubble where much are complaining (at this rate it would be as toxic as twitter - cancel culture is a shame for humanity)

3 hours ago, ch3w8a said:

reddit is also a salty bubble where much are complaining (at this rate it would be as toxic as twitter - cancel culture is a shame for humanity)

"Birds of the same feather flock together". If an NGO for example has an opinion, it doesn't mean people must agree! Reason is the basis of debate, not values. When you have to put food in the table, you have to be pragmatic! When you make practical decision for yourself, you have no right to reprimand people of values! Cancel culture is nothing more than a double standard and hypocrisy! "Don't be mad at the mirror if you are ugly!"

Reddit has an opinion? A bunch of hypocritical racist supremacist gaslighting pieces of sh*t!

Contradicting opinions are instantly cancelled and opposition are instantly banned in their site/community. How do I know this? I used their site and I met a Reddit user in real-life! Do you know the type of people that like to use Reddit? They are narcissistic competitive people that express themselves to be concerned for society and the poor! They are gaslighting us! 

When you are bias, you have no right to deceive people that you are unbias!

If you think the world works unfairly and power is the only way to have influence, we will no longer play the victim!

Imagine playing World of Warcraft and calling the Alliance the "moral" faction and the protagonist side lol! You see how hypocritical that is? Cancel culture is unnatural and artificially engineered and employed for them to remain in power!

16 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

I used to like the Discord, but I just got banned for sharing a NQ forum post - despite it not being about the Alpha, and the NDA having been lifted 2 yrs ago: 

NDA from alpha is not lifted. Some non-lawyer might have used some poor wording to explain that beta would not be under NDA, but alpha NDA remains in place for all things that were not publicly released. Not only can you not post alpha NDA content from DU on Discord, you cannot post content from any source that is not legally allowed to be shared in public (so you cannot break NDA with your work, another game, etc on NQ Discord or forums).

Now the answer to your original question, is I am back for release, no doubt. I don't agree with every decision that got us here, but I am excited for release and the game still has tons of potential.

13 hours ago, ADCOne said:

Only the PVP's who could not fly their ships well enough to get a hauler before it reached max speed had any issues with the previous way it worked. I know they use the excuse of the missions but It only increased the time to make these missions at least one person running them said it made no difference to the way he does them. So I am not convinced this is anything other than a bad change and you will never convince me otherwise.

I dislike the change as well, because breaking the laws of physics due to poor imagination is just wrong. The problem being solved was not about pirates catching haulers though. It was to give PvP more variety in ship design. This has been really elusive. The meta of what is the best ship just tends to change with the patches, so they were trying to add some variety. Unfortunately, many of the pvp changes have a really poor impact on other parts of the game.

When the news of the wipe hit, the org I was in stole all of my ships and all of my bp's.  Yes they helped me with the equipment for most of it, but they shouldn't have stolen my bps.  I can't bring myself to play now and start all over knowing a wipe is coming but, I'll certainly be back after the wipe.  Hopefully the wipe will be sooner than later.  I really would like to get back into it starting from the ground up.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:42 AM, Megabosslord said:

I'm undecided. It depends how much is lost. I'll likely go play something else if the damage is too heavy.

Like, if we still don't have static BP alignment, so there's no way to rebuild the bases I've put 1000s of hrs into.

If LUA doesn't come across on BPs. (There's no way I'm spending weeks going around copying LUA on dozens of controllers to text files and then manually reinstating them).

Or anything else goes sideways. (Demeter was a hell-scape of nasty surprises.)

And, if too many other players also leave.

I put >3000 hrs into this game on the promise of persistence. I really figured NQ would have a better plan than just wiping everything.

What about you?

[filtered] no. I put in a lot of hours (admittedly not as many as you) based on the promise lie of persistence. I can't imagine logging in to have it all deleted. The announcement video is so unbelievably cringe inducing and really is the only thing you need to watch if you are thinking about playing DU. They don't care about players at all, are borderline incompentent and can barely even talk properly let alone make a decent game. Double dipping 'launching' is a trash move and using their inability to take accountability and fix things as they happened as an excuse is pathetic and only shows they do not have the skills to run a persistent live game server where immediate response and communication is necessary.

I'm happy in a way that I can finally forget about this mess of a 'game'.

It's looking less and less likely... Knowing me I'd probably log in daily for a while to use up my mining and schematic charges...

But my utter apathy towards the current server shows me I'm probably an idiot to not forget about it alltogether as soon as possible... The ressources are there, I'm rich and if I'm not using it now I never will but I just can't get myself to give a fork. Just the the thought of figuring out yet another schematics system before I ever fired a weapon... It's a 100% tedium and if it's not persistent there is no point in going through the grind.

I'm never gonna use t4-t5 and I'm never going to own it again either. I been saving up for the day I want to play a game that will never exist.

Well ! being one of those players that said 'they would have to wipe to succeed' and also one of those that stopped playing a while ago (long while). I will probably come back to see what they give the new release.

Lets be fair, DU got into a mess, best way to sort it and go forward is by doing what they have decided to do. It was getting very obvious.

Dual Universe had great potential, it may get that potential back having lost it for a long time.

I hope and look forward to release as that is the time I will come back and have a good look (fingers crossed). Power to your elbow NQ and lets hope DU can become something really good.

Edited by Triopalite

I love the heat of an MMO RPG right at the start of service.
I would attempt to play aggressively from day one.

However, there is some question as to whether it can withstand the slothful state of losing all its talent.

Playing time? I just checked and it was 179 days and 107 minutes. It's less than I thought it would be.

Still, it is probably quite long in our country.

The wipe has no bearing on me leaving or staying. I left a long time ago, and by the looks of how the game is going won't be returning.  But I keep an eye on it out of curiosity to see how far they can stray from what was pitched during alpha. It's damn near a bait and switch at this point.  Almost as bad as telling people you are making a FPS ww2 game,  but then when it's time to deliver you give people a go-kart racing game.....almost.

5 hours ago, CousinSal said:

The wipe has no bearing on me leaving or staying. I left a long time ago, and by the looks of how the game is going won't be returning.  But I keep an eye on it out of curiosity to see how far they can stray from what was pitched during alpha. It's damn near a bait and switch at this point.  Almost as bad as telling people you are making a FPS ww2 game,  but then when it's time to deliver you give people a go-kart racing game.....almost.

I don't think it was ever going to be what they thought it would be, but they live and learn, same as the rest of us. If they can produce a good working space game out of it, then they will have brought it back, some way, at least.

I don’t Riley care about the wipe two much but what I do care about is if it is fun I will give it a try but I’m not a big fan of the direction the mining has gone  I haven’t bin able two get in two the game ever sence mining was changed I’m not in two this game for pvp I like playing with building  I also feal like removing of ground mining  also took away any reson two explore so I will give it a try but if I find it moor of a chore then fun I dought I will play much I will use my time from my founder pack  and see if it’s worth it two me 

On 8/11/2022 at 1:19 AM, Megabosslord said:

Interesting. More folks on the forum saying they'll stay. More on reddit saying they'll leave.

Is the forum a bubble? 

Opinions on Reddit are more negative?  Who saw that coming ....