Will You Stay After The Wipe?

Megabosslord

I'm undecided. It depends how much is lost. I'll likely go play something else if the damage is too heavy.

Like, if we still don't have static BP alignment, so there's no way to rebuild the bases I've put 1000s of hrs into.

If LUA doesn't come across on BPs. (There's no way I'm spending weeks going around copying LUA on dozens of controllers to text files and then manually reinstating them).

Or anything else goes sideways. (Demeter was a hell-scape of nasty surprises.)

And, if too many other players also leave.

I put >3000 hrs into this game on the promise of persistence. I really figured NQ would have a better plan than just wiping everything.

What about you?

Not only will I be around but I want to have boots on the ground as soon as possible after the wipe.  The instant that even a partial wipe became possible the odds of a full wipe for release started growing exponentially, then multiplied by multiple economy breaking exploits.

The fewer beaters (SAO reference FTW?) there are in release, the higher the proportion of greenhorns overshooting the safe space boundary and all of the other pitfalls that can give beaters a leg up.  NQ can take away points and materials but they can't take away my personal experience within the game. 

Were you having fun with the majority of those 3000+ hours?  If not, perhaps you shouldn't play after the wipe.  I may not agree with all of the design choices but DU still has far more potential fun available to me than most other games.  I'm not the best at anything per se, but I don't have to be a 1%'er to have a blast.

Yes, I will stay.

For me the best game experience is the early phase, where you have nothing and have to build yourself up.

<->

On the other hand i decided, if a better game is released in the next year, i will leave DU.

The early grind of DU will be funny, i am really sure about that. But on the end i know what will wait for me on the endside. AFK-content, afk-mining, afk flying mission. An unbalanced pvp experience which is lacking content. List goes on..

1 hour ago, Megabosslord said:

And, if too many other players also leave.

I put >3000 hrs into this game on the promise of persistence. I really figured NQ would have a better plan than just wiping everything.

What about you?

I wont play this game again. 

3000k hours of your life scammed away with a false promise and you still think about playing this game. Its your choice, but loyalty like this make such behavior from companies possible. 

But i can understand it

In itself, I would play again with release, although it rather depends now on whether we have to wait another 1 month or 1 year until then.

I see the same thing with the cores and the grid alignment. There is an urgent need to work on being able to rebuild large structures properly, currently it is simply not possible.

(Although that wouldn't stop me from setting the first core and copy-pasting the other 99.

I rather hope that they offer more content until release and not just more timers, because those are not a game for me.

I want to play the game.

But it's hard to imagine ever regaining my former levels of enthusiasm knowing that NQ was willing to sell us all a "Launch" and then take it back and sell it again to someone else.

I'm sorry but that's just not how you do business.

I'll stay as long as I'm enjoying the building and community and feature updates until something else comes along that I enjoy more. I have nothing to lose but even if I did have to subscribe to play I still would after launch.

I will stay after the wipe to see what happens and hope that the game progresses towards what it could be in full. Like everyone I would like things to be different in all kinds of ways but as long as it works together and makes a fun experience that is what really matters.

5 hours ago, Niemand said:

the speed change for ships alone is enough for me to not come back. what a horrible change.

It is a good video and I agree the speed change was a mistake but not enough to stop me playing the game. I would have preferred if they had just separated the adjusters and engines for the various ship sizes and adjusted how much thrust etc. they produce since that would have achieved something similar without it being an arbitrary cap, which very much spoils the space flight. I had not tested to find out that the speed restrictions were severely in place even on small ships so the video was really an eye opener on that. I currently am build hauling ships anyway so small ships was not really on my list of things to try to be honest. So having seen the video the speed changes really do need a rebalance at the very least - Though I would still prefer a less 'blunt' instrument solution to the problem so the general fun in flight is not crippled at the same time.

40 minutes ago, ADCOne said:

I will stay after the wipe to see what happens and hope that the game progresses towards what it could be in full. Like everyone I would like things to be different in all kinds of ways but as long as it works together and makes a fun experience that is what really matters.

It is a good video and I agree the speed change was a mistake but not enough to stop me playing the game. I would have preferred if they had just separated the adjusters and engines for the various ship sizes and adjusted how much thrust etc. they produce since that would have achieved something similar without it being an arbitrary cap, which very much spoils the space flight. I had not tested to find out that the speed restrictions were severely in place even on small ships so the video was really an eye opener on that. I currently am build hauling ships anyway so small ships was not really on my list of things to try to be honest. So having seen the video the speed changes really do need a rebalance at the very least - Though I would still prefer a less 'blunt' instrument solution to the problem so the general fun in flight is not crippled at the same time.

Bro, the 30k cap for all ships before was "arbitrary". Now it's tied to mass. That's the opposite of arbitrary.  

6 hours ago, merihim said:

I wont play this game again. 

3000k hours of your life scammed away with a false promise and you still think about playing this game. Its your choice, but loyalty like this make such behavior from companies possible. 

But i can understand it

Three MILLION hours.... FML... That's a lot of scam. I'd be angry, too, if I lost over 300 years of my life to a scam.

Yes I will be there

The dozen active players in our organization will also be there.
Even a few additional reinforcements that we hadn't seen for months showed the desire to play.

We will be around the planets tracking NQ wreck hunter smugglers.
We will be on the pipes waiting for the heights of reckless missions.
We will be on the asteroids to harvest the precious T4 ores needed for our PvP fleet.
We will be present on the battles of the core aliens to have our name on them.

Get ready.

5 hours ago, Briggenti said:

Yes.

[Edit] and I'm interested in building a Museum of the Before Times, looking for submissions!

If the reason folks leave, is it's too much work to rebuild their stuff, how are you going to rebuild it in a museum? 

2 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

Just because building something was fun, doesn't mean rebuilding all over again is also fun. 

Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black,
Tell them I ain't comin back.
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

There's no place, I can be,
Since I've found Serenity.

And you can't take the sky from me.

:D

G'luck no matter what you choose.

7 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

Interesting. More folks on the forum saying they'll stay. More on reddit saying they'll leave.

Is the forum a bubble? 

I have no reddit, no twitter, no snapchat, no tinder etc. I limit myself to the game account and the forum, as well as discord, since ingame conversations are poor in many games.

Should I now register on every third-party site just to post my opinion there again? NO, I don't want to.

What upsets me much more is that NQ keeps changing the media where news is revealed. NQ can answer questions and provide answers in the forum. Why should a player wait weeks for an answer and hope that NPC-Aphelia might address and answer them in the next podcast, especially since some answers are insufficient and you have further questions?

On Facebook, all sorts of things are posted, but there is never an answer to questions from "customers or interested parties".

8 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

Interesting. More folks on the forum saying they'll stay. More on reddit saying they'll leave.

Is the forum a bubble? 

DU Reddit, to put it midly and not feel Nyz breathing on my neck again, is very fanboy-heavy place. So they all obviously drammaticly whine, that if their crap removed, they will leave. So Reddit is more bubbly in this sense.

While forum is bit of wider mix, where more grumpy toxic people go negative (like me) present.

So both places not offer real picture.

1 hour ago, Zarcata said:

I have no reddit, no twitter, no snapchat, no tinder etc. I limit myself to the game account and the forum, as well as discord, since ingame conversations are poor in many games.

Should I now register on every third-party site just to post my opinion there again? NO, I don't want to.

What upsets me much more is that NQ keeps changing the media where news is revealed. NQ can answer questions and provide answers in the forum. Why should a player wait weeks for an answer and hope that NPC-Aphelia might address and answer them in the next podcast, especially since some answers are insufficient and you have further questions?

On Facebook, all sorts of things are posted, but there is never an answer to questions from "customers or interested parties".

I used to like the Discord, but I just got banned for sharing a NQ forum post - despite it not being about the Alpha, and the NDA having been lifted 2 yrs ago: 

When Beta started and that now broken promise of "We will not wipe again" was made. I stopped playing all other games and went full tilt into DU

and invested myself wholly into it (for the 2 years of beta) full gung ho mode because this was it, its started, the game world is now persistant

Currently I have tons of ships, tons of quanta, 90M TP etc blah blah.

Now after the wipe  IF I come back,  all Ill do is pick a Haven tile and leave it at that.