RESET NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT - Discussion thread

NQ-Nyota

While you wipe - Why not correct another mistake; Haven IS the moon sanctuary was meant to be. You added it as another moon, further away, and left sanctuary to no real purpose. 

Why not fix that by the same token -> We only need haven at sanctuary's location, no? We cannot even colonize or mine sanctuary.... it really feel like out of place now, taking a great starting moon location, right inbetween Alioth & moon 4. 

I’m not sure this qualifies as a reward for backers at least as far as im concerned. They not even offering half the skill points I have, and over six months time. 
basically if a beta key guy runs out buys a subscription they to would be eligible for a fancy pack as well. It’s  going to be a hard sell to the purse strings holder in my family, who coincidentally left after the first schematics debacle. 

I still don’t get how we were promised magic BPs for our constructs if there was ever a wipe, and now we just get nothing. 

So many questions: 

1) Will we now finally get static BP alignment, for when we redeploy our constructs? That we still have that annoying raycast deploy is nuts - far worse after a wipe. 

2) Why do we need to backup LUA when it’s saved in BPs? (How do you even back up LUA?)

3) If Sanctuary is being reset do we all start back at the Ark? And have to do the new player experience all over again?

So a player that had been supporting DU since many years gets the same reward as a fresh player that subscribes for a full year before the launch... interesting approach.

2 further Question to NQ:

- So does it mean if we place a BP made from a core BP, it will not contain any LUA any more?
- will you add some better sorting/grouping in the nanopack inventory to handle that huge amount of core BP's some of us will have after launch? 😉

Edit: no word about the magic BP's.. feel like i bought in on a lie tbh....

Appreciate the update. I am sure this decision was not easy but you did an excellent job explaining everything and have now given the playerbase a clear answer. Also thank you to those of you in the community who previously took the time to share your thoughts and feedback on this topic. Regardless of what your opinion was, the fact that you shared it is what counts. Looking forward to see what comes next.

So firstly thanks for the news finally for wipe/reset.

We do need to know content for launch as we really want DU to work and survive.  Currently DU is lacking a lot so we want it to have the best chance.  Can you release energy/Territory Warfare and Org refreshes too in time?  Convince us to invest in your game please!

Secondly why not Org names too wiped?  So many good names taken up by redundant dead players so if I considered to change my org I cannot as people hold the titles.  It should be active people only keep their org names tbh!

Thirdly are you removing Safezones?  Prime opportunity to reduce them to bring that Civ Building, Conflict game as originally planned?  Currently way too much is 'safe' so if starting afresh isnt that a good idea to keep Safe zones to a minimum?  We now have mechanics to protect stations if you choose to build them out in space.

Thanks

Honvik

Well i suppose all of your theoretical future customers will be incredibly excited about having the playing field leveled for them.

I sure hope they exist. 

And i hope you aren't expecting us to promote the game to attract them.

Because i really don't see anything here worth promoting anymore.

1 hour ago, Shredder said:

I'm pro a wipe for a clean launch, but only if it’s confirmed to be persistent after that point. 

Yeah... Good luck with that! NQ has about the trustworthiness on 'promises' of a stinky old clown handing out lollipops to little children... At this point they are only after your cash!

1 hour ago, P4rty_Boy said:

While you wipe - Why not correct another mistake; Haven IS the moon sanctuary was meant to be. You added it as another moon, further away, and left sanctuary to no real purpose. 

Why not fix that by the same token -> We only need haven at sanctuary's location, no? We cannot even colonize or mine sanctuary.... it really feel like out of place now, taking a great starting moon location, right inbetween Alioth & moon 4. 

It's all gone. 

I don't think that a game in the state of DU it is ready to be launched. There are still too many things to fix and adjust. The reset it is also useless with so many problems still going on and I really believe there will be in the future another reset considering how this has been made and considering that even if it was told since the beginning that the reset was the last resource watching the video it is evident you always knew about it but you just didn't want players knew it otherwise, obviously, less players were joining.

Just to remark something, you are going to lunch a game where you just changed an important gamplay with the new schematics system which is not loved by many players but it seems at NQ nobody cares of it. So what players are here for if before to do something you don't listen them?

But it is fine the game is your and you do with it whatever you want.

Just now, Cergorach said:

Yeah... Good luck with that! NQ has about the trustworthiness on 'promises' of a stinky old clown handing out lollipops to little children... At this point they are only after your cash!

The silly part is that i've been trying to throw money at them for the last several years.  I've paid NQ a grand total of $60.  They don't seem to want any more of my money.

Do they not understand how a monthly subscription works?

I wanted to keep giving them money every month.  Are my future monthly payments really so worthless compared to a few new subscriptions?

This is awesome! Soon we will be completely wipe free. This will save so much paper.

By far the best choice you could have made. Especially with the introduction of the pioneer packages. Well done. Obviously not everyone will be happy but for the long term this is gold. Now you can really get handsy with the ... best ... features. Anyway I'm curious where this is going and how the Dual Universe will evolve. 

Good luck on any future changes and get ready, because after the dirt is wiped clean I'll be making some new poop :)

1 hour ago, Centcom said:

I’m not sure this qualifies as a reward for backers at least as far as im concerned. They not even offering half the skill points I have, and over six months time. 
basically if a beta key guy runs out buys a subscription they to would be eligible for a fancy pack as well. It’s  going to be a hard sell to the purse strings holder in my family, who coincidentally left after the first schematics debacle. 

Yep - definite "Pay to play" feature here.