RESET NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT - Discussion thread

NQ-Nyota

Can you see how long you have had the subscription? I have been using the annual subscription for 2 years, had problems with the service in between, it has been fixed. Are the periods still counted as 13+ months, as the 2x12 months were continuous?

2 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Can you see how long you have had the subscription? I have been using the annual subscription for 2 years, had problems with the service in between, it has been fixed. Are the periods still counted as 13+ months, as the 2x12 months were continuous?

Not that I am aware of... But I imagine it will be total time even if it wasn't contiguous time.

Thanks for sharing these details. I don't have any problems with these wipe details themselves.

My only complaint is the current state of the Mining Units. They HAVE to be addressed before this wipe happens, at a minimum. They are currently too much of an infinite ore fountain for all tiers of ores, providing many times more ore, than can be used up in industry with the current way schematics are used as a limiter on production capacity. We have to hear from NQ very soon on how they are going to balance auto-mining, so that there will be spare demand left over, that can be filled by active mining, to give a reason to do it in the first place.

I have a question on the things the players will get due to the wipe, and how long you have played. I have played sins 1 week after  beta realised, but thats on a beta key i got from an org member.

Question; do i get anything of the gifts due to that i have only played on the beta gift keys??

Thank you NQ, doesn't it feel better to get this off you chest.

Talent points, are the reset and removed or just reset?

- It is mention there is more on that later, but i failed to hear it, is it later as in another comms?

How much time is there roughly until reset, days, weeks, months?

The time frame will tell us how we can play, eg if there is few days left you go all out attacking everyone or other such silly stuff, but with months remaining you just chill and play normally

Hello. Thank you for letting us know. I understand the reasons for the wipe, and while it will suck to lose all of the work put in I understand the reasons.

Question: Do you think it would be possible for friends/org mates to have the option to start the game in adjacent tiles on the Sanctuary Moons? It would be nice to not have to fly long distances in basic ships to trade items with each other. It would also help keep the Org tight-knit.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, fridaywitch said:

When they say that people with X amount of months of subscription get X rewards, do people with unpaid subscriptions (beta keys) get these rewards, or no?

EDITED TO ADD: I just realized that people got beta keys who were not themselves backers, so I don't know how that factors in!

(original message as follows)

I posted this on the DUTT, but this includes what backer levels get what as stated in the video (I'm not a backer, so I don't know exactly what they mean)

Advanced (1-3 months of sub time)
    - 1 mill talent points per month for 6 months at the end of each month. So 6 mill bonus points after 6 months.
    - 100,000 quanta in the same way.
    - Some new items
    - 5 small dynamic core schematics, to make some S-core ships right away
Rare (4-12 months sub time + Iron, Bronze, Silver backers)
    - 2 mill talent points/month
    - 200,000 quanta/month
    - Some more new items
    - The 5 schems from above, + 5 M dynamic core schems
Exotic (13+ months + Gold+ backers)
    - 3 mill talents/month
    - 400,000 quanta/month
    - Some more new items
    - All previous schematics + 5 L core schematics.
This sub time includes time subbed pre-release that hasn't occurred yet. So personally my alt that I made 3 months back and pre-bought a year and a half on will get the top tier, even if launch happens next month.

Edited by Koruzarius
Realized I had misunderstood the question, added clarification

4 minutes ago, MasterTao said:

Hello. Thank you for letting us know. I understand the reasons for the wipe, and while it will suck to lose all of the work put in I understand the reasons.

Question: Do you think it would be possible for friends/org mates to have the option to start the game in adjacent tiles on the Sanctuary Moons? It would be nice to not have to fly long distances in basic ships to trade items with each other. It would also help keep the Org tight-knit.

Thanks.

That is possible now, though it can be a bit tricky to find them when you pick them, you'll need to get screenshots of the planet as you make the pick to share and coordinate.

Edited by Koruzarius

3 minutes ago, MasterTao said:

Thanks.

You can choose your tile at the start, so you should discuss with your friends where to click your tiles.

10 minutes ago, Shredder said:

One slightly concerning comment that was made:  “we hope to only have to launch once” …….soooo there might be further wipes and launches?

I'm pro a wipe for a clean launch, but only if it’s confirmed to be persistent after that point. 

Agreed on this. Please, NQ, this cannot be an open question. I'm certain that most of us don't want to put more years into this only to have it wiped again. Please clarify this point for us.

31 minutes ago, fridaywitch said:

When they say that people with X amount of months of subscription get X rewards, do people with unpaid subscriptions (beta keys) get these rewards, or no?

I would expect the answer to be "no".  It appears they are rewarding people who have, via kickstarter/backer/subscription, contributed money to their effort.

Two questions:

Are you going to test this out a month or three on the PTS first?  I sure hope so.  Bluntly, releases have historically had a lot of bugs - it would be nice for your to clean new ones (ok, and all known old ones) up before launch.  But to make such a change without public testing seems very risky.

I presume DACs remain based on backer level.  They were not mentioned.

It's too bad for the sanctuary moons, the promise is broken

t's a clean slate, everything is deleted except the super legates who keep the name of their orga, our avatar name and our list of friends is kept...

Refusal to give the launch date...

You understand that I will no longer mine or interact with the market, the industry requires too much time and I will not play with the schematics for nothing.

Thank you for this immersion, but the future is complicated if my friends stop.

Edited by Tekhamon

18 minutes ago, Cybob19 said:

Basically if I'd never logged back in since 0.23 I'd be in the same position. Yay I get a fifth of my talent points back but so does anyone who had forsaken DU after 4 days -.- meh.

Presuming you had a talent queue long enough to cover you until launch.  I did <evil smile>.  Otherwise you would just have received the basic 30 points/minute instead of 90 points/minute.   But that is a nit since its your backer status that defines bonuses, not time spent working on talents.

I'm glad NQ didn't decide to try to compromise with everyone and do a convoluted selective wipe. The reasons make sense, one last chance to get things right for 1.0 launch, because I don't think there will be any more chances after that.

This is fraud.  I left my account subbed for periods of time to get talent points. The statement made at the end of alpha that there would be no more wipes was the only reason I started playing. I would have waited till launch otherwise. I purchased those talent points from NQ, and now they are taking them away. I subbed for over 2 years. I feel cheated and lied to.

Bait and switch = fraud. 

I know...  EULA bla bla bla. Having something in an EULA does not make it legal. You could put a slavery clause in an EULA, but that doesn't make it legal. 

No more. I hope this game crashes and burns.

Edited by IronRanger