New: Albatross HUD public release

CodeInfused

wow nice work , the one thing that put me off the other HUDs was all the AP that was put in, if this a HUD with no AP then firstly it looks very clean and tidy and more importantly has lots of Info on the dash, I will defo give it a go.

Nice Work!

[edit - Does it have accelaration G ? (the default widgets show that)

• 1 month later...

i get the errors since the last patch:

library      onStart()       line  107       bad argument #1 to 'lower' (string expected, got nil)  und

system     onFlush()      1                   attempt to inex a nil value (global 'SystemFlush'

is it possible to fix the bugs? i find the hub very cool and don't want to miss it

2022-10-05 17_32_01-Dual Universe.png

On 10/5/2022 at 11:33 AM, OktaviusClimberus said:

i get the errors since the last patch:

Yep this is a known bug in the HUD. It's due to a fuel tank on the ship that has been renamed. If you can find the fuel tank and restore the name to the standard format, that will fix it for now. A proper fix is coming very soon in version 2.2.0, likely in the next day or two.

In build mode, there's a tool for Linking, looks like a chain (it may not be on your toolbar by default). That is how you can manually link specific fuel tanks to specific engines.. or link electronic elements together (doors, switches, etc).. or in this case, link a radar to a flight seat.

Oh cool, simple things.

Thank you.

Other question, do you have any idea why I can install your HUD on some of my friends vessels but not on others?

(sometimes) They end up having shown nothing - so they have to fallback to default UI.

We thought we figured it, and assumed Org-Core as the issue, as it was working for one hover bike, but not the other (dif. perms).

It then worked on a private core shared with org, but today I could not apply it to the Vectre MK2 (16kl Hauler) with similar perms.

Is it there a chance that it only works on "hover - seats" but not "cockpits"?

EDIT: Yes, thats the cause.

Edited by Sephrajin

On 10/10/2022 at 4:23 PM, Montage said:

I removed the seat, deleting the DRM custom HUD and it worked. 

Yes, DRM means you do not have rights to edit the seat. So the only way to change it is to remove the seat and put another down (or clear the data on the original from in your nanopack)

On 10/11/2022 at 11:06 PM, CodeInfused said:

Odd, that shouldn't be an issue, I'll look at it

Erm, me confused now.. like really confused...

It just seemed to work on a naked cockpit (construct exists of core, hover seat & cockpit), it seems to work on the cockpit.

However, my previous statement was correct- in regard to the Vecter MK2 (3.8 mil with 16 kl cargo from UEF store).

When a construct (hover seat) was owned by the org (upon spawning it, the org was selected, rather than "private/user") it would not show up.

But it would show up when the construct was owned by user ("private") while shared with Org.

(either way, they were not placed by me, but I "applied" the hud)

Anyway, we just dismantled this, and mate rebuilt the construct for Org (core, hovereat, cockpit) and it seems to work fine.

Which is the reason for my confusion, as we did try at least a dozen times which is why i wrote the previous statement, as it just didnt show the hud on the spectre mk2 which has a cockpit.

idk, seems like magic at random will...

19 minutes ago, Sephrajin said:

Erm, me confused now.. like really confused...

It just seemed to work on a naked cockpit (construct exists of core, hover seat & cockpit), it seems to work on the cockpit.

However, my previous statement was correct- in regard to the Vecter MK2 (3.8 mil with 16 kl cargo from UEF store).

When a construct (hover seat) was owned by the org (upon spawning it, the org was selected, rather than "private/user") it would not show up.

But it would show up when the construct was owned by user ("private") while shared with Org.

(either way, they were not placed by me, but I "applied" the hud)

Anyway, we just dismantled this, and mate rebuilt the construct for Org (core, hovereat, cockpit) and it seems to work fine.

Which is the reason for my confusion, as we did try at least a dozen times which is why i wrote the previous statement, as it just didnt show the hud on the spectre mk2 which has a cockpit.

idk, seems like magic at random will...

There have been a few issues lately that seem to relate specifically to UEF ships. The hud community has been looking at it, it's certainly strange. There's issues with vertical boosters on UEF ships as well for some reason.

Also of note, there's a large update to Albatross available now, 2.2.0 with lots of various fixes to check out:

https://github.com/codeinfused/Albatross-HUD-Community/blob/main/Changelog.md

Well, both versions worked well on the AGG hauler (16mil ; hover seat).

And the core/cockpit test was done with the 2.2.0 version.

But i was not able to apply the new version to both the specter mk2's (cockpit, did not "want to" work) we have, as they who're using them are not at the base atm.

Edited by Sephrajin

On another note, fyi - personal preference related...

The 2.1.2 version (well, the previous one) was the only HUD I could leave atmo with - as it was perfectly breaking me while leaving the planet.

Why I say this, because my selfmade ship 2x L, 2xM atmo thrusters with 2x M space engines, and no matter wether the 2x S containers (T3 volume & T1 weight loss skill) were full or empty, I was always too fast leaving the planet (1g) - at 20-30% thrust.

It seems that the new function (A:8 ; that came with 2.2.0) is interfering while leaving the planet, I have yet to test with it disabled.

It started to break so hard - while leaving / flying upwards, that I fell/stalled shortly before leaving the critical height - around 6.3km above ground.

For the first time, I actually damaged the L atmo thrusters upon (attempt) leaving a planet.

Saying, I think the height check is fine - if you're entering atmo - but should not "activate" while leaving.

As this function is new, it already "breaked" me from 2200+ down to about 1600 km/h, at which point i disabled the "atmo safe break" (a8) but it already was enough of a speed drop that I fell down from roughly 6300 to roughly 3000m, and had my engine smoking.

• 9 months later...