Ask Aphelia Episode #12 - Discussion thread

NQ-Nyota

23 minutes ago, Mncdk1 said:

It's a bit telling that hours later this thread is still empty.

Also a bit telling - in my opinion - that I can't recall a single one of the questions anymore.

You ruined it! :D 

Not a great sign when this game's only PR efforts gets a few hundred views -- the last few videos haven't even crossed 700 views 😕 

It's almost like people have given up on watching these videos because they know it won't be especially relevant or answer any real questions. Wouldn't be a huge deal if NQ engaged in other ways, but they don't.

Their weekly "video" is really the only effort they make in talking at their customers. 

The building height limit of 1000 meters was new..

Kind of important to know, why was this change never properly announced?

To me this is a very welcome and agreeable, change, especially as it wil kill the towers post wipe but first time I hear of it 

2 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

To me this is a very welcome and agreeable, change, especially as it wil kill the towers post wipe but first time I hear of it 

Yeh it’s a good change, they havnt said what will happen to existing towers…. But then we all know there’s gonna be a wipe, so I guess that will sort it.

That was cool, not only did you cover some of my questions but you even kept in the exact wording. Really interesting to hear a little bit about the maintenance side of things too. Also that ship you are flying looks really nice, sort of a space catamaran style. Looking forward to next week. Cheers!

11 hours ago, blundertwink said:

Not a great sign when this game's only PR efforts gets a few hundred views -- the last few videos haven't even crossed 700 views 😕 

Well, that is what happens when you hide a video from the YT algorithm by keeping it unlisted, preventing it from being seen by anyone outside of the people you target specifically. When that audience is as small as is the case here, you get just a few hundred views ..

The decision to publish unlisted seems .. odd ..

On 8/6/2022 at 10:33 AM, Jake Arver said:

Well, that is what happens when you hide a video from the YT algorithm by keeping it unlisted, preventing it from being seen by anyone outside of the people you target specifically. When that audience is as small as is the case here, you get just a few hundred views ..

The decision to publish unlisted seems .. odd ..

Or intentional... At least they are getting a realistic number of those players that are still interacting beyond the actual player numbers they can see in game.

On 8/5/2022 at 11:21 PM, Jake Arver said:

This is the thing, 2 of my biggest bug bears were the markets, parking, over populated, and the towers.  It's taken time - as things do - but it has been addressed and it's a very much welcomed change.  At least now you know you can fly 1000m up to a market and not worry.  there should also be a wider buffer at the markets, 5 km limit for tiles to 500m height.  It's the price you pay for wanting to love so close to a game asset.  

On 8/6/2022 at 6:34 AM, blundertwink said:

You ruined it! :D 

It's almost like people have given up on watching these videos because they know it won't be especially relevant or answer any real questions. Wouldn't be a huge deal if NQ engaged in other ways, but they don't.

Their weekly "video" is really the only effort they make in talking at their customers. 

You should see their twitter "feed"... LOL.   It's sparser Engineers' Date night at university (apparently... O_o).