Using thrusters as adjustors

Zychov

By thrusters, do you mean engines? 

You can use engines facing in any direction and they will fire as needed (ex: upward facing engine will fire when you are pressing C to go down).

This does not work exactly like adjustors do however. Adjustors will roll, pitch, and yaw on the center axis of the ship. Engines push the entire ship from the direction they are facing. So an engine at the top front will not tilt the ship downward like an adjustor, it will just push the whole ship down without changing the pitch.

It has been a while, so I don't remember the wording. But there is an option in the engine parameter so that engine thrust will also apply rotation as expected instead of the simplified axis only default.

11 hours ago, Deathknight said:

By thrusters, do you mean engines? 

You can use engines facing in any direction and they will fire as needed (ex: upward facing engine will fire when you are pressing C to go down).

This does not work exactly like adjustors do however. Adjustors will roll, pitch, and yaw on the center axis of the ship. Engines push the entire ship from the direction they are facing. So an engine at the top front will not tilt the ship downward like an adjustor, it will just push the whole ship down without changing the pitch.

You can enable torque. And then they do rotate the ship. Problem is that you need to use LUA and engine tags to fire them independently.

Yeah, I have dabbled a bit in my own hud for a VTOL ship I created, and that is possible. A bit of a problem if you are using a third party HUD. 

Pretty questionable utility though, as adjustors work much better for this task.

51 minutes ago, Deathknight said:

Yeah, I have dabbled a bit in my own hud for a VTOL ship I created, and that is possible. A bit of a problem if you are using a third party HUD. 

Pretty questionable utility though, as adjustors work much better for this task.

They used to.. But after the nerf it may be an idea to revisit using engine torque.