How to shoot yourself in the foot?

Tekhamon

I'm not here to dramatize, but as it is, we lay out overpriced diagrams without talent to increase searches...

Well I cancel all my sell orders, I put away and I wait to see.

An example, 200 warp cell schematic copy = 10,000,000 quantas not to mention ore prices and all the intermediate processing...

As it is, there will be no pvp, no time without warp to get the collected stocks.

A little hot, right?

Otherwise I could have written, your game is over, you are no longer interested?

warp_cell_LOL.jpg

Edited by Tekhamon

I think the prices are to force more cooperation, and specialization, so I would like to see them higher. The mega factories will not be relevant unless there are dozens of players to run them. 

Alts will spoil NQs intentions once again, but once beta keys are toast I don't have much of an issue with somebody who's paying for multiple accounts to have a leg up on somebody whos just paying for one. 

The rebalance is not for the current instance, its for the release. 

It also makes sense to put your feedback where NQ (maybe) reading it, under the pinned thread.  

Most of the upper third schemes are dramatically lower in price and are much more affordable.

Warp cells are a bit of a unique case on the new system. This is, in my opinion, a single point of detail.

I have several remarks on the subject of warp cells :

- Firstly: we can do without it. It is only a convenience of time to "save time". Time is money, you have to pay the price.

- Second: the most abundant source of quanta in DU will be the mission system which already does not allow warping with packages

- Third: warp cells have an impact on PvP, if they are too accessible then entire fleets can warp all the time in all directions. This makes actions impossible for groups of modest size because they will have to manage even if they are at the other end of the system of many ships.

- Fourth: Currently all the planets are in safe zone, being able to warp ore without taking any risk and being totally safe from start to finish is counterproductive for the game. You can always do it, but you will have to ask yourself the question if it is really profitable to teleport your ore

- Fifth: The game will evolve in the future, electronic warfare (certainly anti-warp or interuption of warp), the planets of the outer edges which will pass completely PvP. Possible reduction of distances between planets.
Maybe it's a good game to start now to adapt its gameplay to future game conditions before getting into too many bad habits that could lead to delicate situations.

In summary :
Take a step back and look at the different options available to you (as well as the new opportunities offered by the new schematic system) and I'm sure you'll end up finding your account.
Maybe the price should be reduced a little bit, it is possible to discuss it.
And it's true that I too would have liked to know what NQ is planning with regard to warps, if they want it to be less frequent, less used in PvP or in freight transport?
It will always be interesting to have the vision of the studio.

1 hour ago, Tekhamon said:

An example, 200 warp cell schematic copy = 10,000,000 quantas not to mention ore prices and all the intermediate processing...

Ehh.. that's 2000 warpcells for 10 million

Still, seeing how warpcells were going for 3500quanta a piece before this change, having just the schematic cost be 5000 quanta each is indeed quite steep

59 minutes ago, Hecticus said:

@Knight-SevyWhen the game is only fun for pirates, there will only be pirates.

And yet 2 or 3 hunters in our organization must have killed a hundred mission transport ships.
(proof SNS JUNKYARD)

But the game does not boil down to an interaction between a pirate and his victim.

The objective is nevertheless much broader at the community level.
When the influential organizations can take complete possession of a planet (as the game has promised since the kickstarter phases) then we will be in another level of play.

Carriers who complain about pirates will become on the wrong side of the law and will be treated like smugglers ;)

13 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

When the influential organizations can take complete possession of a planet (as the game has promised since the kickstarter phases) then we will be in another level of play.

Carriers who complain about pirates will become on the wrong side of the law and will be treated like smugglers ;)

Why would you think that this is going to happen? There's no indications at all that atmospheric combat nor territory war in any form are coming...or even planned. 

I get that this is what the KS "promised", but Kickstarter funded less than 5% of the game, so I don't think NQ particularly cares about what was said there, as many recent patches have shown. 

4 minutes ago, blundertwink said:

Why would you think that this is going to happen? There's no indications at all that atmospheric combat nor territory war in any form are coming...or even planned. 

I get that this is what the KS "promised", but Kickstarter funded less than 5% of the game, so I don't think NQ particularly cares about what was said there, as many recent patches have shown. 

One of the most resource-intensive features that we have to tackle is planetary warfare. It brings significant change to the game and, before we can achieve it, we have to bring PvP in general to a more mature state. We know that territory warfare is an important game system to many of you, so continue to help us improve PvP by engaging in fights to generate data for us to analyze and continue to improve the system. " 

Will he make it? Won't they get there? We don't know, but the will is there.

6 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Will he make it? Won't they get there? We don't know, but the will is there.

Cyrille Fontaine...their lead designer. 

To copy from another thread, his credits include: 

• 1993's "Pac in Time" by Kalisto
  • 1993's "Fury of the Furries" by Mindscape
  • 1997's "Nightmare creatures" by Activision
  • 2015's "Trivial Pursuit" by Gameloft S.E. (yes the board game)

The will might be there, but he isn't an experienced designer for big or complex games...never mind MMOs. I think the will might be greater than the ability. 

I don't intend that to be harsh...arcade/simple games are not easy to design for. When mechanics are simple, there's nowhere to hide. But clearly these types of games are radically different than big, complex games or MMOs. 

So...I wouldn't hold my breath that these concepts ever come, especially since these features would have to arrive post-release, and I don't expect the player counts to be high enough to support the game's ongoing dev. 

4 hours ago, blundertwink said:

Cyrille Fontaine...their lead designer. 

To copy from another thread, his credits include: 

• 1993's "Pac in Time" by Kalisto
  • 1993's "Fury of the Furries" by Mindscape
  • 1997's "Nightmare creatures" by Activision
  • 2015's "Trivial Pursuit" by Gameloft S.E. (yes the board game)

The will might be there, but he isn't an experienced designer for big or complex games...never mind MMOs. I think the will might be greater than the ability. 

I don't intend that to be harsh...arcade/simple games are not easy to design for. When mechanics are simple, there's nowhere to hide. But clearly these types of games are radically different than big, complex games or MMOs. 

So...I wouldn't hold my breath that these concepts ever come, especially since these features would have to arrive post-release, and I don't expect the player counts to be high enough to support the game's ongoing dev. 

The important thing about atmospheric PvP and territory warfare is much more technical to allow us to be able to do it than subject to a game design skill.

Let them work, coming here to read each other's pedigrees is useless.
You are in no way constructive.

And just because you think future changes won't happen doesn't mean they should stop improving and developing the game right now and walk away with the crate.

15 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

You are in no way constructive.

Pretending that NQ will finish features that are far beyond their reach as of today is equally constructive... 🤷‍♂️

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post about piracy, that's definitely very possible...but it sounded to me like you were explaining a state of balance that exists only in the future and depends on features that aren't even planned.

I don't view that as constructive because release is coming up soon...and players will judge the state of balance as it exists today, not based on x, y, and z feature that may never materialize. 

Experience does matter when trying to speculate about the state of the game and its abilities, especially when there's so little information from the studio itself. 

Can you imagine NQ even attempting to put in atmo pvp and AvA sometime after release? Sure that will go smooth with no lasting problems. No need to alpha test that just slap it in and all good.  And watch them not put any real rewards and everyone still just lives in the safe zone.

Here people really dream about AvA, planetary PvP, large organisations and pirates?

Didn't you read about Deckard? They try everything to cut costs! All these dreams would cause significant extra costs, so these are very, very far away, if they ever come, it would be such a huge intrusion into a finished game, you can't just squeeze that in 5 years after release. Apart from whether it would be feasible at all.

Anyone who dreams of such a PvP is in the wrong place in DualUniverse.

23 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Here people really dream about AvA, planetary PvP, large organisations and pirates?

Didn't you read about Deckard? They try everything to cut costs! All these dreams would cause significant extra costs, so these are very, very far away, if they ever come, it would be such a huge intrusion into a finished game, you can't just squeeze that in 5 years after release. Apart from whether it would be feasible at all.

Anyone who dreams of such a PvP is in the wrong place in DualUniverse.

I agree 100%. 

People do realize that they labelled alien cores as "Space Territory Warfare", right? That's the only version of "territory war" there is.

They spawn these as they do for a reason....they don't want people PvPing all the time any place they want...they effectively want to instance that traffic by separating it. 

In other words, their single shard implementation doesn't scale as they'd like, which we all know is the case because they've been very clear that the last few updates are cost-driven. 

Like....the game can't even scale with the number of players and limited features it has now, this idea that atmo PvP, AvA, etc. will ever arrive is just....well, I wish I had that sort of optimism, I guess?