Launcher Game Downloading

Rhheno

hello, i was wondering how do the launcher work while downloading,m i mean, i was around 35% of the download, restarted the pc and now i have to download all over again? the internet in my country is super slow, at most 450kbps ahaha xD

i have to ask....

So the launcher is actually very simple. It examines your current game version (if applicable) and then downloads whatever you need to update to the latest patch. The download process is quite literally just grabbing a zip file containing all the relevant gamefiles. Once downloaded, said zip is extracted to your installation directory and then an integrity check is performed to ensure that there are no errors. If the download process is interrupted, upon relaunch, the program will perform a check and if able, will resume downloading from where you left off. Sometimes this check fails and the reason is typically because the launcher itself hard crashed or was forcibly shutdown (note a pc restart can cause this). There are also rare instances where unstable internet connections can lead to corruption of the downloaded file. If the launcher detects such an occurrence it will automatically delete all download progress and restart from the beginning. To help ensure things go smoothly, make sure to manually close the launcher (via the X in the top right corner) if you wish to pause the download and save your progress or if you suspect your internet connection has become unstable.

Now with that said your internet speed is extremely slow to the point where I think it could negatively impact your gameplay experience. Please understand that Dual Universe is an MMO game and thus there is a substantial amount of information that needs to be exchanged between your client and the game server. I highly recommend you reach out to NQ support via this link and inquire about any minimal network requirements or tips for handling excessively slow connections. They will be able to advise you on how best to procced.

Third time downloading 6.3 or so GB v 0.31 this week... Luckily I have 2.5G Ethernet on a 2GB/s fibre optic and am located in Tokyo so downloads buzz by... But I believe that NQ have to pay for server total bandwidth, so this is going to hurt them if many players are having to redownload multiple gigabytes multiple times.

Strange thing is that I actually "played" the downloaded game for 10 minutes to queue up my skills but just now it asked me to download again...