Markee Dragon Payment

Rhheno

hello currently i am downloading the game, but i want to know more about the markeedragon payment... does it work as a steam code u put under my producsx next to the ''add game time''? im asking cause there are no payment options in my country, just want to be sure as i can only get money to paypal,,, and from paypal i can pay on markee dragon

thanks for reading

7 hours ago, Rhheno said:

hello currently i am downloading the game, but i want to know more about the markeedragon payment... does it work as a steam code u put under my producsx next to the ''add game time''? im asking cause there are no payment options in my country, just want to be sure as i can only get money to paypal,,, and from paypal i can pay on markee dragon

thanks for reading

I would not spend money on a dubious site without company registration!

LOL @Zarcata

Markeedragon has possibly been around longer than you have been alive ;) 

That you can't find his company registration does not mean he does not have one. He is also an official business partner with NQ

@Rhheno

When you buy gametime on Markee's site, you get sent a code by email, you enter that code on the DU webpage under "my products"

24 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

That you can't find his company registration does not mean he does not have one. He is also an official business partner with NQ

He is obliged to state them. Also the legal seat of his business and the business owner.

27 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

He is obliged to state them. Also the legal seat of his business and the business owner.

https://store.markeedragon.com/aboutus.php
https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_az/L17760100

Something.. something .. do your homework before you make wild and unfounded accusations

7 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

https://store.markeedragon.com/aboutus.php
https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_az/L17760100

Something.. something .. do your homework before you make wild and unfounded accusations

He has to display this mandatory information on his website. As a customer, I don't have to search for this information on the internet, which is not difficult to understand, is it?

They are missing on his website.

54 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

He has to display this mandatory information on his website.

Says who?

The website states it is a privately held LLC, which should suffice and allow anyone needing more info to find it within 10 seconds

But I'll allow you to prove your claim, where can I find the legal requirement for a private US company (or any private company for that matter) to do this? Please provide me the link to the documentation/regulation.

All this is beside the point though, Markee has been around for decades and as he is an official business partner with NQ, I'd expect companies like CCP and NQ to have done their due diligence on vetting their partners. And I am pretty sure Markee knows his legal obligations to a greater extent than you do. 

So where in this document is the claim you make?
As a US company dealing with EU customers, you must comply with GDPR in relation to these customer's data, yes. But that is irrelevant to what you claim here.

Anyway, this goes well beyond the scope of this thread so whatever ..

9 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

So where in this document is the claim you make?
As a US company dealing with EU customers, you must comply with GDPR in relation to these customer's data, yes. But that is irrelevant to what you claim here.

Anyway, this goes well beyond the scope of this thread so whatever ..

The GDPR has taken over the wording of the TMG, accordingly it is only decisive to whom the provider addresses as a customer. The customers are therefore not only located in America, but also in Europe and Germany. Accordingly, the imprint obligations are given for these customers. A judgement of the OLD Hamm is already linked above as an example. 
Of course, he can also ignore everything and hope that the bureaucracy does not work...but it is still not legally safe.

Edit: Just as a tip: He could point out on his website that his offers apply exclusively to non-European customers. Then he could avoid it from a purely legal point of view.

Edited by Zarcata

Markeedragon is more legit and trustworthy than Xsolla ever will be...

Not following the letter of the law in every situation doesn't make you wrong, mean you're doing wrong, or mean you can't be trusted.

There are mountains of companies that do business in the EU that don't post this information...often because they aren't familiar with the requirements, not because they are trying to scam you.

That doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy...nor does having this legal compliance mean you can be trusted.

I mean, anyone can post this information on their website...are you then going to check to make sure it's accurate before you ring you card?

It seems like this sort of regulation doesn't really do anything of substance to mitigate scams or foster trust. 

I know it's a total tangent but just saying...following every law or regulation doesn't always make you the more trustworthy party.

@Zarcata Us Europeans start to get antagonistic when papa US wants to tell us what to do, but that's also the case vice versa.

Also keep in mind that these are time codes for MMOs, these might very well fall outside of the VAT requirements (just as giftcards apparently are not included in these rules).

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/taxes/tax-on-digital-products#digital-goods-in-the-european-union

https://taxation-customs.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2022-03/Indicative list of electronically supplied services.pdf

Honestly, there is a LOT of information out there, not all of it is correct as many have their own business interests to promote and often that is directly linked to the pro-counter arguments. But honestly, It's not our business how that business is run. To date Markee has honored all things I've bought there, N=1, but in my book that is trustworthy. Might that business run into issues down the road with VAT owed to the EU, possibly...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i dont know if this helps anyway but i bought a code from him and he delivered in a few hours ( but was past midnight in US ) so is not a scam . i also know a friend who reccomended me this game who bought a few years in codes for all his accounts. Yeah i know , the guy is crazy . 

On 7/25/2022 at 7:47 PM, Rhheno said:

thanks for reading

I did the markee dragron thing after verifying that it's officially endorsed by NQ. They email you a code and you put it in under my products on the DU website. All worked smoothly in about 10 minutes and the DU website acknowledges my sub time. Go ahead and do it. (Or DU it)