Thanks for making support for DLSS, it has been working great and pretty much doubled my FPS on Ultra settings.

I had about 35 FPS without it on Ultra, and after enabling DLSS, it's around 60, these are without any OC on GPU.

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 2060 6GB VRAM (Very first models)
RAM 16,0 GB DDR 4
SSD
WIN 11

-Rav

Quality settings would be nice at some point.
Currently it is making some elements very blurry and textures on them are looking like 90' quality voodoo level.
Could be also DU's current way to handle texture filtering and DLSS is just making blurry effect worse.

-Rav

I have no problems with it, you can tune a lot on Nvidia Control panel, there is many settings for aliasing and other performance/quality settings. Crashing issue ofc can be unrelated to any of these, but worth of shot.

I wish I saw the same results as some of you guys. I get maybe 5 fps when I turned on DLSS. 10 on a good day.

5800x, 3070, 64GB. I go from mid-40 to about 50. A bit more more empty areas.

15 hours ago, Deathknight said:

Has anyone noticed any crashing issues with DLSS enabled? I am still trying to determine if the issues I have been having are just related to this patch or specifically when I turned on DLSS.

Yeah, when they first introduced it, I turned it on and then experienced like 50 crashes in ~2 days.

I turned it off again. It's too unstable for me atm.

On 7/25/2022 at 3:32 PM, Ravenis said:

Currently it is making some elements very blurry and textures on them are looking like 90' quality voodoo level.
Could be also DU's current way to handle texture filtering and DLSS is just making blurry effect worse.

-Rav

I have been experiencing that for about 2½ weeks, even without DLSS, so it seems unrelated. Must be some dynamic LOD that's not working properly, because I'm also seeing it in areas that are not very densely populated.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, Mncdk1 said:

I wish I saw the same results as some of you guys. I get maybe 5 fps when I turned on DLSS. 10 on a good day.

5800x, 3070, 64GB. I go from mid-40 to about 50. A bit more more empty areas.

I recommend to check Nvidia control panel and global settings, maybe you have Super Sampling on and maybe maxed, or DSR even, that is real performance eater.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, Mncdk1 said:

I have been experiencing that for about 2½ weeks, even without DLSS, so it seems unrelated. Must be some dynamic LOD that's not working properly, because I'm also seeing it in areas that are not very densely populated.

Yeah, i think it came with the Mercury update. Must be they lowered LOD distance too much or something. Well i hope they make setting for that too at launch or before.

One option to try is to disable DLSS and try to boost performance with general image scaling for GPU, easiest way to do this is to use Nvidia Experience or Nvidia Control panel and enable scaling there, this is very good way to improve the FPS, and quality hit is almost undetectable. Again, worth of shot.

DLSS is doing the same thing but with full hardware support and would be odd if this image scaling method is better solution. But you never know...

Nvidia Experience
d7807979c069552a8777941546d25ae2.png

Nvidia Control Panel

47aa2b82db6d5dc87f4dd53b2554640e.png

-Rav

@Ravenis Thanks. I couldn't find anything named super sampling in Nvidia CP, but I don't have any of the DSR settings enabled.

I've since  played around with the settings a little bit, and it seems that lowering the how many cores are used for voxel rendering gave me more headroom for DLSS to give an uplift. (which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, since it should be using the GPU?! Oh well.) I still turn it off, because it gives me tons of crashes every day, but at least it works a little better when the client isn't busy crashing.

I could have worded parts of my first reply poorly though. I wasn't only seeing 5-10 fps, but only a 5-10 fps uplift. With fewer threads assigned to voxel rendering, I can see bigger uplifts. Like if I just look up at an empty sky, I can get double the FPS.

NQ please fix the crashing. At least acknowledge that you're aware of it happening, and is working on it.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:27 AM, Mncdk1 said:

@Ravenis Thanks. I couldn't find anything named super sampling in Nvidia CP, but I don't have any of the DSR settings enabled.

I've since  played around with the settings a little bit, and it seems that lowering the how many cores are used for voxel rendering gave me more headroom for DLSS to give an uplift. (which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, since it should be using the GPU?! Oh well.) I still turn it off, because it gives me tons of crashes every day, but at least it works a little better when the client isn't busy crashing.

I could have worded parts of my first reply poorly though. I wasn't only seeing 5-10 fps, but only a 5-10 fps uplift. With fewer threads assigned to voxel rendering, I can see bigger uplifts. Like if I just look up at an empty sky, I can get double the FPS.

NQ please fix the crashing. At least acknowledge that you're aware of it happening, and is working on it.

Oh yeah, sorry forgot all about that core setting :P
But logic behind lowering causing better performance is what i call processor throttling(dont know official word for it) when all cores are at 100% usage for example, there is no room for process anything else. so keeping some of them free allows stuff at least do something and not just halt compeletely. It probably lowers max possible performance but it wont do total freezes and shit. I have it at 4-6 (8 cores).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 4:32 PM, Ravenis said:

-Rav

You added and fixed all these problems!
-I use balanced setting on DLSS like always in games, Quality setting drops FPS quite a lot, and quality improvement compared to balanced is almost undetectable.
-Also performance setting works nicely.
-Ultra performance does what name says, sacrifices filtering quality to improve FPS. Causes some shaky effect to element textures especially. 

GJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

For those of you who have experienced higher crash rates with DLSS enabled, I urge you to try it again now that 0.31.9 is here. As you may have seen in the patch notes, we identified and fixed a major source of GPU crashes. We are hopeful that it will dramatically reduce the rendering crash rate, especially DLSS-related crashes.

And, if you do still see a lot of crashes with DLSS, please make sure to submit a report.

Thanks!

20 hours ago, NQ-Node said:

Hey guys,

For those of you who have experienced higher crash rates with DLSS enabled, I urge you to try it again now that 0.31.9 is here. As you may have seen in the patch notes, we identified and fixed a major source of GPU crashes. We are hopeful that it will dramatically reduce the rendering crash rate, especially DLSS-related crashes.

And, if you do still see a lot of crashes with DLSS, please make sure to submit a report.

Thanks!

Thanks, I enabled it after the update, and so far I haven't had any crashes. It also seems to have addressed the flickering I used to see after loading in.

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, Corrancarpenter said:

I don't have any frame rate issue, BUT I've tried the DLSS options and saw this

DLSS Ultra :
image.thumb.jpeg.25167b8c961d8cf7bf963549cf45cb2d.jpeg

DLSS Balanced :

image.thumb.jpeg.5763846de348f95d6d1bce6268cb7386.jpeg

DLSS Off :

image.thumb.jpeg.594ebf22d139f64095af38a1531df570.jpeg

Is DLSS supposed to reduce the models quality ?

- GeForce 3070Ti

yes. It uses reduced a resolution initial image and AI to scale back up. But it seems to me that voxel ghost frames and territory hex border markers fox DLSS the most. 

I have an og 3080.