Controlling doors from Control Unit

Mncdk1

Hey @NQ-Ligo

Can we please have the ability to control doors from a ships Control Unit?

I think control unit makes the most sense, because that's also where we control the ships headlights and landing gears, and so on.

It would be nice to be able to have CloseDoors() in my onStart(), when you get in the seat, without having to link to every door, or need to do logic circuitry trickery. :)

Thanks

Edited by Mncdk1
specifying ship

@Mncdk1 

you can already do this.

you can directly link doors, but it is wasteful of slots. My recommendation is link a control unit or PB to a switch (drag from PB to switch not the other way around. if it is linked to slot 1 then the command to put in your lua is slot1.activate() or slot1.deactiate(). I then connect a few other elements to the switch, a minimum a relay, then attach all the doors to the relay.

ps i you link from a switch to the PB, then the switch will not fill a slot, it will instead turn the PB on and off. This doesn't work with a control unit. Dragging the other way to add to slot works with both.

16 hours ago, Tordan said:

@Mncdk1 

you can already do this.

you can directly link doors, but it is wasteful of slots. My recommendation is link a control unit or PB to a switch (drag from PB to switch not the other way around. if it is linked to slot 1 then the command to put in your lua is slot1.activate() or slot1.deactiate(). I then connect a few other elements to the switch, a minimum a relay, then attach all the doors to the relay.

ps i you link from a switch to the PB, then the switch will not fill a slot, it will instead turn the PB on and off. This doesn't work with a control unit. Dragging the other way to add to slot works with both.

Thanks, I'll try that out. I tried linking a PB to the doors and then linking the seat directly to the PB, but I didn't think to put a switch in between.

3 hours ago, Mncdk1 said:

Thanks, I'll try that out. I tried linking a PB to the doors and then linking the seat directly to the PB, but I didn't think to put a switch in between.

Remember too that an OR gate will act like an inverse relay, allowing you to connect multiple inputs to the same circuit. You can have a manual button close (and/or open) all your doors too