Sell orders

Gillimus

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

@NQ wth, man?

Had 300k gold nugs on a sell order at Alioth market 6. after the last patch, i used the J menu to go in and adjust the price. That dropped the ore into my storage locker at the market. No worries, jumped in my Celestial cause it's fun to fly and rolled out to the market.

Get to the market terminal and move the ore into my ship's storage. Try to create a sell order. Nope. Uhh, some bug that only lets you list 1000 at a time.

Hmm, weird. Anyway, just gonna move the ore back to my storage locker.

Moving it back (from my ship's inventory) triggers either an instant sell or create a sell order. Don't want to sell for 19 and don't want to make 300 separate sell orders.

My ship weighs 600 tons and while it will hold 300k liters of gold nugs, it will not fly that out of the atmo (i live on madis).

My choices now are: log out and not play. wait for NQ to fix.

deactivate my res pod, die back to madis.

wth, @NQ?

8 hours ago, Gillimus said:

My choices now are: log out and not play. wait for NQ to fix.

You could also build a new construct on top of your old one, put some containers and a surrogate pod station on it, then leave the ore in that construct. Don't forget to activate the vr pod.

Just keep it out of the way on the markets, like on the ground. And don't forget to VR to it often, and maneuver it, to refresh the 7 day timer.

3 hours ago, Gillimus said:

This still isn't fixed.

From @NQ-Deckard in #duscussion today:

NQ-Deckard: 

Unfortunately we do not have a fix for the market issues ready today however we are looking into it. Specifically the 1000 order issue. We should however have a few fixes for the server related issues we experienced over the weekend and stability should improve after todays maintenance. 🙂

Just wondering if we are going to get a tax break or something due to the market issue. This would help as putting up five hundred 1000 order's per territory is going to kill those of us who rely on mining for game currency.  And selling for 13 - 25 with the auto sell won't work due to limited requests.

13 hours ago, Gillimus said:

This is now almost a week old and still not fixed. @NQ can we get some kind of update? I'm a small-time miner but i still mine 2 million liters a week, and i don't have enough adderal to create 2000 separate orders.

Your reward for playing while so many others aren't: bugs that NQ doesn't really care to fix urgently, even though the game has live, paid subscriptions. 😵

For any other game, this sort of UX issue would be a critical priority to fix for paying customers. 

They don't often do hotfixes to deal with bugs -- they like to wait until there's a bigger patch and push it all out at once, probably because their release process has a lot of manual steps and they don't feel like doing a release for one "small" thing. 

They really have no idea how people will react to their "support" when the games get shoved to release...🤷‍♂️

It's this kind of complete apparent lack of interest in fixing not-apparently world-shatteringly-difficult UI issues on a regular basis that makes me believe that NQ have really not got what it takes to run a project at scale.

In the time I've moved away from DU and started playing Stellaris, there has been regular changes in that game including a substantial paid DLC which I bought without hesitation since it added some cool new gameplay. While there are still some longstanding problems with that game's UI and minor game logic problems, most seem to get fixed.

And I've been playing NMS, too...  There were two patches IN ONE DAY on the 22nd of July: one for PC and one for Console, fixing critical issues in their excellent but free Endurance DLC.

I believe they have just recently expanded to 26 employees in total in order to develop out the new Nintendo Switch version of their Game.

The Nintendo version is to be added to their roster of supported platforms which currently comprises: PC, PS4, PS5, XBone, Xbox X/S!

Absolutely phenomenal efficiency.

Here is their major DLC release history with almost weekly quality of life improvements and bug fixes coming in between.

NQ need to take a look at these two companies' methods and learn something about "proper" game development.

Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 10.31.04.png

On 7/18/2022 at 2:00 PM, space_man said:

Bug listed updated on my forum post. Very annoyed that they're essentially breaking the game for market players, so I've gone back to harvesting rocks.

No offense, but this is pretty much the norm for NQ. They tend to severely break things pretty often and it takes a long period of time to fix. I have lost count on how many major market breaking bugs, exploits, incidents that have taken place over the past few years. 

On a side note, when myself and a few friends logged in a few times over the last few weeks, we have noticed there is very little activity in the actual markets themselves. 

IE: a lot of components or finished products such as engines, thrusters, heck pretty much anything, is either non-existent or there is very few items to be found.  

43 minutes ago, Palad1n said:

On a side note, when myself and a few friends logged in a few times over the last few weeks, we have noticed there is very little activity in the actual markets themselves. 

IE: a lot of components or finished products such as engines, thrusters, heck pretty much anything, is either non-existent or there is very few items to be found.  

So I've sold a few billion, with the lastest update driving about 50x more volume than a typical day due to the dumptrucks worth of quanta coming in. I suspect the weekend will be interesting too, but long term, yeah, its dead jim. Till they wipe/release, the game is coasting. 

For fun I listed a ton of the middle products while Aegis had a tax-bug (which acted as a tax-free feature). Nothing moves there, as you really need a lot of those items and its doesn't make sense to do all of the extra work. Its all either ore, or end products. Sometimes pures can be found for good deals but its in very small volumes.