Taking Alien Core Tutorial - How it works?

Zychov

Hello.

I'm looking for an information how does the taking control over an alien core works. How can I take an alien core from other organisation.

1). How can I attack it?

2). When Can I attack it ?

3). How do I take it down ?

4). How do I take control over it ?

I couldn't find any articles or videos explaining this topic and in game F1 tutorial has no information about it as well.

Please Help :)

26 minutes ago, Zychov said:

Hello.

I'm looking for an information how does the taking control over an alien core works. How can I take an alien core from other organisation.

1). How can I attack it?

With a pvp Ship

2). When Can I attack it ?

Anytime.  After you successfully attack it, it'll be put into lockdown for a number of hours and you'll be given a time in which you can attack it again.  During lockdown you can't attack the core.  This notifies the defender of your attack and gives them the chance to rally up forces.  Once the lockdown ends, you have a small window of time to attack the alien core. 

3). How do I take it down ?

Lots of pvp ships, lots of focus fire  :)

4). How do I take control over it ?

Once you destroy it you need to claim the core and put a shield on it.

I couldn't find any articles or videos explaining this topic and in game F1 tutorial has no information about it as well.

Please Help :)

Thank you very much for that instruction !

I have a following question to one of the answers:: "Once you destroy it you need to claim the core and put a shield on it."

How do I put the shield on the claimed core? Do I simply vent it or is the procedure more complicated?  In the post about the attack on the gamma core honvik has written:

"... A few of us frantically tried to repair the core and they did so we thought huzzar! we won the day.  Sadly this was not the case in fact Legion blew it up within minutes (...)  Thinking it was a bug one of us kept coming back with a ship and kept re-coring it "

It seems like putting the shield on is a complicated operation and it seems hard to understand how it exactly works.

Orginal post below:

) Honvik wrote 

In the Fight there will be an 10 Minutes Counter that will resett after every shot to the Core.
You need to repair the Core with normal scrap and then its your core.

Since right now every Alinecore has an Active shield on it and this shield didnt get completly destroyed it will automatically fill up his Life Points after that 10 Minute combat Timer is done.
If it gets completly destroyed you need to replace it with an new one, but for that the combat timer also needed to be done so you can go into builld mode.

You are pretty much obligated to annihilate your opponent's entire fleet before taking the alien core.

Complicated task, but if you manage to take one, one day, all the other 9 will be completely free because you will have all your fleet + all the wrecks of your opponent and they will have almost no ship left to defend the following ones.

Again a mechanism that starts from a good feeling, but very poorly thought out without the community having been consulted at the start of the development of this feature.

For example, nobody at the Legion (we control all the cores) was consulted.
It is contemptuous and profoundly weak-minded to have done so this way.