The Alioth Exchange Grand Opening Wrap Up!

NQ-Nyota

24.jpg

Greetings Noveans! 

First, just a heartfelt thank you to everyone who attended the Alioth Exchange Grand Opening. It was a pleasure to be your hostess and to be able to meet so many of you in-game, as well as to celebrate the opening of The Exchange with so many of you!

Message from the Keeper of The Exchange:

"I want to let everyone know how much their involvement is appreciated. The community taking part made the Exchange Opening celebration such a fun time for everyone, it is something I will count as a personal highlight. I hope it will be the first of many great times we will all have together!" - NQ-Nicodemus

We're happy to announce that the winner of the free month of game play is @KestrelPC! Congratulations! We will be contacting you soon!

For those of you who were able to join "Grand Tour" of The Exchange with me and many others, you may remember the photo opportunity with Deckard! Well, we hope that you like the images we have put together in the posts below and may they get framed or used as your background on your PCs. :) 

Thanks again everyone and until next time! 

Great that some players still participated there, at least there is probably still a spark of hope with some.

The "photos" are a bit strange, but they seem a bit childish, like teenagers who have their "stars" photographed at a trade fair. Whether someone prints out the photo and hangs at home in a picture frame on the wall?

In the end, it reminds me more of Game of Thrones and the battle for the throne. Why do you want to sit on the throne?

I hope that this was a fun event for those that were there. I don't mind the idea of the exchange; I agree that it would be better to have player-run markets, but I get that this was a compromise done so that NQ wouldn't have to spend time on engineering. 

The thing that stands out to me is that there's like 40 people...all of them just colorized versions of the same model. So IMHO pictures of crowds in DU don't really connect as marketing material because it tends to emphasize how players aren't individuals.

They are faceless clones.

Faceless clones expected to pay taxes and feed schematics to machines between checking in on auto-miners. The RP in this game has become full-on dystopia very quickly. Aphelia is pure evil. 

The photo ops were meant to look like old style postcards, so yes, you are accurate for the style. :)

For those who are in the "postcards" if they would like a copy of the non-postcard feel and just the original version, please let me know and I'll see what can be arranged. 

It was really a fun time!

10 minutes ago, blundertwink said:

I hope that this was a fun event for those that were there. I don't mind the idea of the exchange; I agree that it would be better to have player-run markets, but I get that this was a compromise done so that NQ wouldn't have to spend time on engineering. 

The thing that stands out to me is that there's like 40 people...all of them just colorized versions of the same model. So IMHO pictures of crowds in DU don't really connect as marketing material because it tends to emphasize how players aren't individuals.

They are faceless clones.

Faceless clones expected to pay taxes and feed schematics to machines between checking in on auto-miners. The RP in this game has become full-on dystopia very quickly. Aphelia is pure evil. 

Oh God reminding me of my days in SWG. The customization was amazing.  Some were dancers, some jedi in robes, so regular people, some decked out in crazy armor.  They even had a cool appearance tab so that if you looted that rare pink chest plate you could still equip it for the bonus but then wear a regular shirt if you wanted to look a certain way.  Walking into the cantina on mos Eisley there would be 20+ people in their all unique looking yet still fitting the star wars style. Just amazing. 20 years later we all wearin a uniform to work for aphelia who just seems to be a decendant of Jeff bezo or Elon musk. Faceless nameless drones to grind out a sorry existence. 

3 minutes ago, CousinSal said:

Faceless nameless drones to grind out a sorry existence. 

Yes, the more I think about it...the more I believe that DU's lack of customization fits perfectly with the new lore of the game. Your job is not to explore. It is not to build civilization. It is not to build orgs. 

Your job is to monitor machines, pay taxes, and serve Aphelia. Did humanity really survive the neutron star? Or are we now little more than meat puppets working for the benefit of an omnipotent AI...? 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, blundertwink said:

Yes, the more I think about it...the more I believe that DU's lack of customization fits perfectly with the new lore of the game. Your job is not to explore. It is not to build civilization. It is not to build orgs. 

Your job is to monitor machines, pay taxes, and serve Aphelia. Did humanity really survive the neutron star? Or are we now little more than meat puppets working for the benefit of an omnipotent AI...? 🤷‍♂️

I think aphelia is just skynet.  Skynet is smart and is able to learn. It first tried to kill all humans, and tried to kill John Connor but that failed, but in the end learned instead of killing humans they were easily manipulated. Give them the illusion on "freedom". Make the humans run the machines.  Aphelia is just the next evolution of skynet.