NEW SCHEMATICS - Discussion Thread

NQ-Nyota

If NQ would take the game purely as a voxel sandbox, they could already publish. It is slowed down by additional features such as PvP, economic cycle,...
would be the question, what would NQ like to achieve with the game at all? To me it looks more like a permanent test environment, not a game that should really be ready once.

2 hours ago, CousinSal said:

During alpha tons of people wanted pvp in some form. It was the main focus. .....

I doubt this, because i think it's a normal misconception. From my experience, pvpers are simply the loudmouthest forum/social media warriors in every game that offers pvp and pve together.

Just now, Leppard said:

I doubt this, because i think it's a normal misconception. From my experience, pvpers are simply the loudmouthest forum/social media warriors in every game that offers pvp and pve together.

Well you are wrong. It's been well documented.  Because NQ sold it as such, saying repeatedly that only Sanctuary was safe zone and maybe 20km around Ark ship. This was not a one off comment this was said many times and put in. They originally were goin with AvA first but claimed the community "wanted CvC first" but who knows why they switched.  And the discord was under NDA during alpha so the community wasnt some huge size. So the people in it generally had seen all the pitches from NQ and it was very much pvp focused.  

NQ also sold the game as NOT a combat PVP centric game and combat being a means to en end and not a goal in the game.

The aggressive and hostile attitude from many in the "combat PVP" community within the NQ community, with comments like "Wait until the safezones are gone, we wil lcome and trample all over your precious sandcastles" when addressing buildiers and designers, led to NQ changing their position on the safe zones and create the massive central one aroudn Alioth, Madis and Thades.

Too many creatives and builders felt that without this precaution, they woudl not be able to do their "thing" and so NQ stepped in.

At the time NQ said that AvA was the easier of the two and so they were going for CvC first. Obviously that was not exactly the truth and soon enough AvA got pushed out past "release" as one of the frst main mechanics to meet that fate. By now both AvA and Territory Warfare are all but a distant memory. There is no indication at all whether NQ will still bring both and/or when.

The choice to go for CvC first was very publically announced so all of that is not under NDA at all. In fact, NQ mostly just bypassed NDA and talked openly about these things.

23 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

At the time NQ said that AvA was the easier of the two and so they were going for CvC first. Obviously that was not exactly the truth and soon enough AvA got pushed out past "release" as one of the frst main mechanics to meet that fate. By now both AvA and Territory Warfare are all but a distant memory. There is no indication at all whether NQ will still bring both and/or when..

Fear not my friend! I still have my memes from December 2019 that I made when they announced that AvA would not be available before release. Link: https://imgur.com/a/uVOYJT0

B2Topic: Now that I've listened to the Aphelia podcast and learned that there will be no PTS for the system, I have a question.

Quo vadis, NQ?

27 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

The choice to go for CvC first was very publically announced so all of that is not under NDA at all. In fact, NQ mostly just bypassed NDA and talked openly about these things.

NQ wasnt under NDA thats not how it works.  NQ can say what they want it was the backers who were under NDA.  Thats why you couldnt stream, post screen shots, youtube, etc.  And it was hubris of NQ thinking they could then separate the community and it would work.  YES lets take 2 of the most different playstyles ever, and place them in the same game world.  Thats why we are where we are right now and the game will continue to be worse and worse.  

While this sounds good on paper, it will not be easy to really assess how successful this change is because you do not have new players joining the game to get a proper reality check. 

Also of note, because you do not have batches of new players joining, you also run into issues with many resources being exhausted on starter worlds already in large areas. There have been tons of heavy mining going on for 12+ months now and the last time I logged in, I found dozens and dozens of huge underground caverns where ore use to be. 

You cannot expect or demand that new players or even returning players who lost everything due to other NQ major mistakes, to hop to other planets right away in an attempt to find and get the needed ores / resources, etc. 

With several mega corps and certain player groups that exploited the heck out of the economy from day 1 and took advantage of ongoing broken systems and methods that were never intended in certain ways, these folks have unlimited quanta to obtain the new schematics and thus, will not yield correct data feedback. 

The only viable way to truly test this is to simulate a full wipe on a test server and ask players to log into that test server to help get a more realistic idea of how this might work. 

You might also consider giving all accounts complete "FREE" access to the game for a month in order to entice players to return, as frankly put, the large majority of players who have to pay a sub fee have stopped playing because of the current "Alpha" state the game is really in. 

NQ continues to make major changes to their systems and how things work and requires a lot of additional testing in the right environment, IE: setting up a new fully wiped test server for players to join and thus you will get better results. 

Too many other factors in the current live "Alpha" test game that would skew data otherwise.

1 minute ago, Palad1n said:

There have been tons of heavy mining going on for 12+ months now and the last time I logged in, I found dozens and dozens of huge underground caverns where ore use to be. 

How long have you been gone? Because NQ did a terrain wipe and reset, and then removed planet mining completely.  Its all auto-miners that afk put ore into containers.  

2 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

How long have you been gone? Because NQ did a terrain wipe and reset, and then removed planet mining completely.  Its all auto-miners that afk put ore into containers.  

Its been a while, and I didn't realize that you no longer mine up voxels? o.O Wasn't the whole mining thing a big part of the game? So your saying folks just set up auto miners on the surface and then go collect the stuff periodically? I guess their voxel system is more broken and limited than I thought, as mining was one of the more enjoyable things I liked, hunting down ores deposits, creating data pads with results, selling those to the market.

31 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

NQ wasnt under NDA thats not how it works.  

And you miss the point.. As NQ discussed this openly, it is not under NDA at all.

2 minutes ago, Palad1n said:

Its been a while, and I didn't realize that you no longer mine up voxels? o.O Wasn't the whole mining thing a big part of the game? So your saying folks just set up auto miners on the surface and then go collect the stuff periodically? I guess their voxel system is more broken and limited than I thought, as mining was one of the more enjoyable things I liked, hunting down ores deposits, creating data pads with results, selling those to the market.

Ya you just put down a mining unit and visit it like once every 3 days to calibrate or something. The only "hand mining" is if u visit asteroids.  Their database couldnt handle all the digging or whatever, too expensive.

Just now, Jake Arver said:

And you miss the point.. As NQ discussed this openly, it is not under NDA at all.

You missed the point. I was merely talking about the community in Discord was under NDA.  And that community was pretty small, but overwhelmingly positive towards pvp back in alpha.  Thats all I said.  

5 hours ago, Zarcata said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What exactly is real PvP for you? What exactly are you missing in DualUniverse to be able to "PvP"?

- Be able to fight in beautiful Voxel ships.

- Let people make multicrew ships

- Have a balance, that the game stops letting me kill the XS and S ships at 2 Su distance.

- Make resurection nodes work as advertised 8 years ago. So that the death of your avatar has an impact.

- Add a capacity cost for all PvE elements so that ships specialize according to their use: choice & specialization

- Space Territory Warfare:
Take control of a chunk of space by placing stations with shields generating a safe zone for other stations and ships.

- PvP atmosphere:
Fighting near a planet taking into account the presence of a nearby atmosphere and gravity will have nothing to do with a classic space fight.
Of course, territorial control.

- Allow operation of higher tier industries (T3 to T5) only in PvP area.

- Increase in the size of the radar so that the fights can be anticipated

- Add warp interception mechanic

==> all that kind of stuff

2 hours ago, Leppard said:

Here are rather the anti - PvP who shout very loudly.

There won't be those people there, I'll post less often, but we have to get out of the game and react. And very often it's done to people who don't even play anymore...
While current PvP has no impact on them.
And that even if the planets of the outer borders would pass PvP, it will still have no impact because thanks to the player market you will always be able to buy everything...

5 hours ago, kulkija said:

Yup. Legion and other pvp orgs. Hurry.

We hope that the game will last until the release and that we can enjoy a minimum.
Then we will pray that the turf war will come very soon.

Everything makes it sound like DU is running off a skeleton crew now.

They don't have time, they don't have time, they don't have time. That's all they can say. 

Yet...what's changed in the last 3 months, exactly? They opened the exchange, they added DACs, tweaks graphics slightly, and they refactored the LUA API...? It isn't like it takes them time to ignore posts asking about the wipe...so where is this time going...? 

NQ's CEO has been very clear that they are working on new projects other than DU. It's hard to imagine that DU is receiving 100% of NQ's resources with the state of the game and its progress. For all we know, DU is being desperately maintained by a team of a few people as NQ throws money into an NFT pit with their next project. 

Of course, DU development has been slow for a long, long time now, so...who really knows 🤷‍♂️

And that's why this change will go live -- because they "don't have time" to make something that would actually work. I mean, if it takes 3 months to not even decide about a wipe...it'd probably take 3 years to actually fix industry in a way that doesn't ruin what limited engagement there is. 

Be ready for their explanation of why this was the right call and why we're all wrong, hah! 

4 hours ago, HamyMac said:

RElying on org-mates to make copies sounds a bit iffy... it just means a lot of players will be adding alt accounts to get reliable sources for schemaic copies. 

You will need quite a few quanta.
To see the real figures but if you massively manufacture the articles that we could see on the video.
You will need at least 2,000,000 quanta / day to obtain 24 hours of schematic (but you will have a really large number of elements to craft).

I'm starting to think that NQ never really intended to make DU a full-fledged game. Also this sentence on the website "Our unique voxel expertise and technology are incredibly innovative, appealing to a wide audience and suitable for an array of projects." speaks rather for the fact that DU is only a proof of concept of what is possible and it is about licensing the technology to other companies.