Fix economy instead of a wipe

BiGEdge

Hello Noveans, 

Hello Novaquark, 

First things first... 

Fix your economy! 

A wipe will NOT fix it... 

Only a full economy loop will fix it all by itself, without wiping the game every year. 

What DU i mean with 'full economy loop'? 

In DU all the materials and all the money comes out of nowhere and the game needs a safe way so that any produced goods and all the quanta disappears into nowhere. 

Economy only works, if there is a bigger demand than supply. Only this gives the economy a constant flow of money. When you did it all right, there has to be an Inflation of about 2%. This means, the average rise of prices needs to be about 2%.

Then you will have a healthy economy. 

But how to get there without wiping the game every 1-2 years? 

Well, make sure all wares and products and anything you can potentially trade needs to decay over time. 

If a Player wants to keep things like ships or buildings, they need to maintain it. 

Rather just using or visiting it once in a while or by actively maintain it with a tool or a resource. But anything needs to decay over time to keep the demand higher than the supply. 

Even stored items. 

There will be no reason to buy anything, when you have everything. 

There is no reason to sell anything, if the production is more expensive than the prices on the market. 

A decay system, along with a few other changes will prevent a wipe and help to fix the economy. 

Item decay over time... 

Items that are not used or honeycomb that is not placed somewhere and only stored in containers decays over a relatively short timeperiod. Lets say 3 month. Even on a sanctuary zone. 

Any static or dynamic core that is not used or visited decays over a longer timeperiod. Lets say 6month. 

It dosnt help to keep the items in the economy circle just by giving it to another player with a scavanging system. The demand of items need to be bigger than the supply. 

DU and its economy needs more ways to raise the demand. 

And a decay will reliably assure this and will assure that a wipe becomes pointless. 

Only way to make DU persistant is to create this full economic circle. 

Thanks for reading 

People have been over this request a dozen times already in other threads asking for some kind of element decay/maintenance. If you make the game become a job, most people will quit. Making people do some manner of regular maintenance on every element of every ship and structure turns the game in to a job. 

Also, making elements decay out of containers is a terrible idea.

A- You'll annoy everyone by functionally making them work just to maintain their inventory for if they ever want to build/modify something.
B- People will circumvent it by just tossing elements down in non-functional ways on spare cores, an act that will bog the server and people's connections down in a way that leaving things in a container does not.
C- Before it causes the game to close via everyone deciding that they don't want to pay to do a job, it will destroy the in-game economy for months by encouraging everyone to sell everything they aren't actively using for non-decaying quanta. 

3 hours ago, Taelessael said:

People have been over this request a dozen times already in other threads asking for some kind of element decay/maintenance. If you make the game become a job, most people will quit. Making people do some manner of regular maintenance on every element of every ship and structure turns the game in to a job. 

Also, making elements decay out of containers is a terrible idea.

A- You'll annoy everyone by functionally making them work just to maintain their inventory for if they ever want to build/modify something.
B- People will circumvent it by just tossing elements down in non-functional ways on spare cores, an act that will bog the server and people's connections down in a way that leaving things in a container does not.
C- Before it causes the game to close via everyone deciding that they don't want to pay to do a job, it will destroy the in-game economy for months by encouraging everyone to sell everything they aren't actively using for non-decaying quanta. 

Is it a job to log in and visit your storage once in a while? I dont think So... Things will Not decay much when you actively using them. But without any decay System, the game will need to be wiped every year to fix the economy. Everyone will lose they're stuff then anyway. A decay System is the Best way to let the economy heal itself without any wipes. 

Do you want to fully wipe every year or Do you want to have a healthy economy and a persistant universe? 

You decide 

3 hours ago, BiGEdge said:

Is it a job to log in and visit your storage once in a while? I dont think So... Things will Not decay much when you actively using them. But without any decay System, the game will need to be wiped every year to fix the economy. Everyone will lose they're stuff then anyway. A decay System is the Best way to let the economy heal itself without any wipes. 

Do you want to fully wipe every year or Do you want to have a healthy economy and a persistant universe? 

You decide 

I want an option that doesn't involve a wipe, and I want that same option to not involve having to regularly replace the hundreds/thousands of elements on my constructs, and I want that option to also not involve forcing me to either store deployed elements in a massive lag-cube, or fly all the markets to buy all the ores/elements I'd need if I decide to build something. I also know that while it is potentially difficult, courtesy of the nearly 2 decades EVE has been letting some people care-bear it up in high sec without even paying for fuel I can say it is entirely possible. I also know thanks to having run my own pvp-survival server in Space Engineers that few things kill people's enthusiasm to play a game like having to design for and perform regular maintenance on their starship. People play games to escape reality, not to be reminded that their car needs an oil change every 3,000 miles, everyone wants to captain their own private Enterprise, and nobody wants to put in man-hours it would take just to keep it clean without space-roombas.

I understand that you probably have a factory that isn't rolling you in quanta right now thanks to recent salvage pushing a lot of the element prices down below their manufacturing/transport costs for a while, and that you don't think regularly maintaining all of the elements in your factory is too much of a problem for you, but I've watched maintenance kill people's enjoyment of a game because the grind quickly turned it in to a job. So, I say its' a terrible idea, and if it happens it will crater the game.

6 hours ago, BiGEdge said:

So you say just NO and thats All ideas you got for stabilizing the games economy without any wipe? 😂 

Any better suggestions? Or just NO? 

Still trying to think that up or I'd have posted it here.

Unfortunately at the moment we are all playing in a relatively tiny universe where if the players are given anything they can just go ham with it, there aren't any pve hazards capable of trimming down the stuff in the world, anything of interest that isn't already in a safe-zone is within a single warp of one, and nobody wants to pvp over the pvp objectives because they don't think they can win against Legion. On top of that the market hasn't had time to rid itself of all the salvaged stuff yet, there aren't a ton of new players joining, and NQ dangling a wipe over everyone has a large number of existing players either taking a break until they are certain they wont be losing all their work to NQ's poor problem management, or stockpiling ore and things they produce themselves for when its needed in a no-wipe scenario...