Ask Aphelia Episode #8 Discussion Thread

NQ-Nyota

When the video talks about the starter moon Sanctuary, that values there will be preserved forever, does this also apply to the new starter moon? (I can't think of the name right now)

Likewise, I would be very interested to know if this assurance would also apply to the wipe case. So is it worth it if I dismantle my space station in space or my factories on Alioth to build them up on Sanctuary?

On 7/9/2022 at 11:51 AM, Palis Airuta said:

In the clip you gave the players the impression they could put all their assets on Sanctuary, take a break for 3months (from today), come back ( in November) and your assets are still there. Can you confirm that this is the case? 

Yes that is the case. Unknown if there is a server wide wipe..

15 hours ago, Blackbeard06 said:

Yes that is the case. Unknown if there is a server wide wipe..

Unknown? But NQ surely would have qualified that statement if there was any doubt? Based on that clip I can go on my trek across the Andalusian mountains for three months safe in the knowledge that all my assets on Sanctuary will be available when I come back in November. 

So I am waiting for NQ to respond before I book my ticket to the Andes. My point here is that is was a tad unwise to include that question, and the unqualified answer, at this point... unless my assets are truly safe on Sanctuary ...???

Honestly...why do they continue to do these...? They rarely answer questions in enough depth, aren't precise in their communication, and as I've said before, it's really lame that the only communication they care to do is these weekly one-directional non-conversations. 

Then they rarely clarify or reply to anything in these "discussion" threads...the community keeps asking for clarity on the wipe and NQ keeps ignoring it. 

On 7/9/2022 at 11:51 AM, Palis Airuta said:

In the clip you gave the players the impression they could put all their assets on Sanctuary, take a break for 3months (from today), come back ( in November) and your assets are still there. Can you confirm that this is the case? 

I wouldn't take this idea too seriously...

NQ has no clue if assets will be really permanent on starter moons or not because they don't know what will happen on release. It's silly to think that they'd maintain 30,000 abandoned starter outposts forever, for example. 

They might believe that assets there will be permanent as of today, but I wouldn't trust this long-term...they've failed to consider such issues with their design before. 

NQ has showed multiple, multiple times that they aren't very good at designing for scale (schematics, mining changes, alien space cores instead of TW, etc.) -- don't trust that they've considered every facet of how this will scale. Promises of permanence can't be trusted until NQ has proven that they can design at least one feature at-scale...and so far they've yet to do so. 

On 7/8/2022 at 10:28 PM, Gottchar said:

Why dont you go to locations anymore?

We definitely try to mix things up from time to time. Sometimes time is also a factor, but we plan to do some more location Ask Aphelia episodes in the future. :) 

34 minutes ago, NQ-Nyota said:

We definitely try to mix things up from time to time. Sometimes time is also a factor, but we plan to do some more location Ask Aphelia episodes in the future. :) 

...of all the questions in this thread, this is the one that needs answering...? 

Don't post threads for discussion if your team doesn't want to discuss anything. That's not a discussion. 

You say time is a factor...but why? Can you walk us through what a typical day looks like for NQ's Community Management team...? I get that the higher-ups set your priorities, but everyone is curious about how time can be so restricted when there's so little activity from NQ here on these forums. 

On 7/9/2022 at 8:51 AM, Palis Airuta said:

Sanct tiles are mildly more safe than HQ tiles (in that NQ is hopefully less likely to change them). You still need to keep your sub going and your stuff on your tile. Unsubbed accounts still lose their stuff after the un-sub timer runs down (there was a lot of unsub salvage on sanct before it all decayed).

5 hours ago, Taelessael said:

Sanct tiles are mildly more safe than HQ tiles..

That's not the question. He is trying to get confirmation that sanctuary tiles will be wipe safe, so that he can leave the game today (with active sub) and then continue where he left of when he comes back in November.

19 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

That's not the question. He is trying to get confirmation that sanctuary tiles will be wipe safe, so that he can leave the game today (with active sub) and then continue where he left of when he comes back in November.

Ah... in that case odds are no. If they aren't just doing a "we're re-doing a planet, here's all your stuff from that planet in magic prints" wipe then I doubt it will matter where things are.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:11 PM, Taelessael said:

Ah... in that case odds are no. If they aren't just doing a "we're re-doing a planet, here's all your stuff from that planet in magic prints" wipe then I doubt it will matter where things are.

Which would then, of course, negate the statement that Sanctuary would always be safe.