What kind of in-game events would you like to see in Dual Universe?

NQ-Nyota

I wish you would support more players who build great race tracks to hold monthly and annual events.
You could also provide a tax benefit there to create such free event spaces, which you can apply for if it benefits the general public.

One could introduce that Aphelia can activate protective shields on the outer planets, which we players can activate and build up through donations. The protective shield would then last a maximum of 1 month and only one of the planets can maintain a protective shield at a time.
Of course, the prerequisite for this would be that all outer planets no longer have permanent protection after the release.

On 8/11/2022 at 5:29 AM, Zarcata said:

I wish you would support more players who build great race tracks to hold monthly and annual events.

Could you give me some extra suggestions/examples of what you mean by support the players who build race tracks and hold the events please? Thanks! :)

10 hours ago, NQ-Nyota said:

Could you give me some extra suggestions/examples of what you mean by support the players who build race tracks and hold the events please? Thanks! :)

It would be helpful to give tax advantages to these players if a racetrack is exceptionally large and of high quality.

It would also make sense to give all players an in-game calendar to implement such annual events there as a permanent entry, including coordinates where the event can be found.

On the map, special tiles could be given a special colour design, similar to the "visitor status for places of interest, only of higher quality, because there is not just something to look at, but to actively play.

Also give players the possibility to add vegetation to such areas afterwards. (Trees, bushes, etc.) If we players are not allowed to do this ourselves, then we can do it on request, with the help of a GM, in order to beautify the area after completion.

I also have the feeling (please correct me if I am wrong) that NQ expects players to make the game more lively. However, many players are really just players and not experts in Lua scripting or years of voxel design experience. What is missing here are possibilities for "normal players" to fall back on a kind of construction kit system as design tools with templates, similar to a game editor.

I would also like to see possibilities for us players to better customise the railing, also specifically to create forests, rivers, lakes, waterfalls,.... design. Especially there you could create jump&run events without constructs.

There is a lack of connection possibilities (links) from construct 1 to other constructs or possibilities to mark several constructs as one building.

There are apparently hardly any possibilities for building so-called "dungeons" for players, will there be tools and templates for this? (or are such things not even intended/wanted in the game?

There are no possibilities to include the achievement system in game content.

There is a lack of possibilities to create real elements, e.g. some players would take an existing Basic Engine L and redesign it so that there are different design templates (not only the colour choice, but the design as an element to have more design possibilities).

This applies to all elements, why can't we create our own?

There is a lack of possibilities to make moving things so that the world also looks more alive and active. (I don't mean dynamic constructs)

There is a lack of possibilities to create your own mini-planets or asteroids - or is that going too far for players to help shape the game?

7 hours ago, Zarcata said:

There is a lack of possibilities to create your own mini-planets or asteroids - or is that going too far for players to help shape the game?

One might think that enabling this seems as simple as allowing terrain type voxels to edge detect other voxel types and originate spatial coordinates from the intersect point.  NQ has the technical collective brainpower to achieve this but the hardware requirements to achieve a playable game with such a feature enabled would mean bumping min spec to require resizable bar, and possibly more.  They have already significantly narrowed their potential customer base with the AVX requirement.  It was strictly coincidence that my last PC upgrade (prior to learning about AVX) was 7th gen Intel.  Had I made one of many other hardware choices I would not have been capable of playing yet.

Having put it in those terms it now occurs to me that should DU thrive it would only be a matter of time for features like this to come about.

17 hours ago, PopsiclePete said:

One option I could see woud be to apply for XL cores to reduce core count and allow for easier building in these specific cases. 

We know XL cores exist as NQ uses them. To prevent exploits, NQ could lock these cores once placed so they can't be traded.

I still do not understand why NQ has not brought in at least XL statics as they would greatly reduce server load in these cases. I can see the arguments NQ raised for dynamic XL cores, but not for static or space cores.

On 8/14/2022 at 1:58 AM, Zarcata said:

On the map, special tiles could be given a special colour design, similar to the "visitor status for places of interest, only of higher quality, because there is not just something to look at, but to actively play.

@NQ - perhaps there could be an application process (registering tiles, event type, dates, etc) to get added into a new Mission category?

I would also like to see possibilities for us players to better customise the railing, also specifically to create forests, rivers, lakes, waterfalls,.... design. Especially there you could create jump&run events without constructs.

@NQ - I would also like to see RDMS compliant tile-wide decorative objects of various scales.  I would recommend it having a 5 minute timer before the object locks in place.  The lock would take 1/2/6/12/etc hours to unlock to prevent too many updates.  I am on the fence about suggesting they be collision objects unless they were systematically limited to prevent abuses.

There is a lack of connection possibilities (links) from construct 1 to other constructs or possibilities to mark several constructs as one building.

@NQ - Perhaps this is one way to re-use the code behind XL cores?  Instead of placing an XL it links all selected cores and pools their health (attacking one gets the main pool of hp) and cannot be undone without destroying/abandoning the associated cores and all contents.  Edit:  It would not change the build volume(s) of the linked assets, just combine them as-is into a single asset, potentially even locking out build mode.

@NQ-Deckard

Edit:  Now that the ideas have steeped for a while, a few more thoughts for @NQ without bumping the thread. 

I've been dancing around the phrase cash shop for a while, using it where NQ has previously (ex. STU).  The tile wide decorative objects are an obvious fit in that category.  It is clear that there is a market for both general decorations and theme/use specific objects.  We should be able to have space decorations within a specified distance of an owned space core, including XXL screens and signs pwetty pwease?  To be clear, I am suggesting that cash shop items behave the same as other in-game assets regarding ownership and the risks that entails.  Sanctuary and safe space exist for several reasons; give us the pallet to really go to town on it.  If someone takes a cash shop object (in use/not in nanopack) into non-safe it should be clear that it will be at their own risk.

Regarding merging cores:  perhaps a new category like "mega" core to keep the title XL core open for future use?  This would be a good way to consolidate groups of cores all working for a single structure, be it a multi-core ship, space station, or massive paved static compound.  I would even be for a long lock-out period where the associated cores cannot be modified or moved to ensure the conversion can be done during off-peak hours.

Edited by Wyndle
Adding more detail.