Ask Aphelia Episode #7 - Discussion Thread

NQ-Nyota

Feedback is mostly negative for a reason

Feedback would be more balanced if NQ interacted with the community more than once a week via a video -- the best feedback comes when communication is two-sided. When people feel like nothing they say matters anyway, they tend to be more harsh. 

It'd help to have specific examples of criticisms that led to NQ removing something that people then disliked...People complained about "mole sim" for along time, but auto-miners aren't popular, either. That's because complaining about something doesn't always mean you want it to be deleted. 

I'm all for providing more "balanced" feedback, 100%!

But...that means NQ has to spend more time actually interacting with the community, because absent that of course feedback will skew towards complaints. 

Part of this would be actually addressing obvious topics that need attention like the "ongoing" wipe discussions. If you actually read this forum, you'd know very clearly how much annoyance this topic has caused.

That this still isn't even acknowledged doesn't inspire people to provide more positive feedback...it inspires the exact opposite. 

Sad part is that the community has 2 very different vues on what they would like this game to become. Sadly if you read the NQ channel it is very obvious that the wipe situation has become very toxic and made that most players that are against it do not post anymore since it does not seem to Mather anyway. I would simply say keep in mind it’s not all players that want pvp to be the center of this game, a lot of players were attracted by the building freedom this game provided 

1 hour ago, Bachiir said:

Sad part is that the community has 2 very different vues on what they would like this game to become. Sadly if you read the NQ channel it is very obvious that the wipe situation has become very toxic and made that most players that are against it do not post anymore since it does not seem to Mather anyway. I would simply say keep in mind it’s not all players that want pvp to be the center of this game, a lot of players were attracted by the building freedom this game provided 

Keep in mind it was sold as being heavily pvp centric. All their videos in alpha talked about "only sanctuary will be a safe zone". That's something NQ as a company literally said to get people to buy this game along with the building part. You can't then get mad at those people for being upset NQ basically lied to their faces to get their money.  Pvp Sells. NQ said whatever they could to cast as big a net as possible and you can't blame the pvp crowd on that, that squarely rest on NQ shoulders. 

Go ahead, youtube NQs old videos during alpha if you are new to see how they sold this game as being heavily pvp. 

Those of us who like to create and build would like to be able to keep our creations and build on them further after the game launches so it would be really helpful to know whether everything we have created so far and everything we create between now and launch will be destroyed by a wipe.

Also, all of the ores we have mined and all of the honeycomb we have made, will we still have that after launch?

Basically, would I be wasting my time creating and building between now and launch?

Please let me know when the ores I collect and honeycombs I make, together with the buildings etc. I create will be safe for me to enjoy without having to start from scratch?

We keep asking you to let us know for sure whether there will be another wipe and what we will actually keep (ores, honeycombs, industry units, schematics, buildings and ships etc. on Sanctuary and Alioth) and when the final wipe either was already, or will be?

Right now asking for balanced feedback is a complete joke!  There might very well be some people with positive things to say, but I have none at all.

I stopped paying into the game months ago because NQ are clearly and obviously misleading us about the wipe and am angry about that.  I could still play but don't really want to because of that.

I am also really angry about the fact that most of my constructs are *still* broken by the thing that was meant to stop people cheating with overlapping elements.  None of them have overlapping elements (at least they were not built with the cheat and don't look like they do).  Nobody has fixed this after months of time.

So no, I don't have any positive feedback for you right now.  Best I can do is that I like that these podcasts come out regularly and communicate.  I just don't like how you ignore the one question everyone has despite having obviously decided already *and even tested the mechanism for preserving talent points post-wipe* like you think we're morons.

In my opinion if NQ wants to wipe the servers and restart fresh, not that it’s what I would like, it should be done as soon as possible. This way players that decide to stay would be able to restart building and it would give them something to do. Right now players that are not in to pvp don’t know what to do because there is a strong chance we will lose everything anyway, that puts us in a situation that we would like to play and create stuff but there is no real point in douing so.

When the game will be released new players would also come in an environment where they have buildings and ships already created that will show them what is actually possible to do. 
In my opinion NQ decisions concerning the wipe is something that need to be clearly stated, the community needs to know what to expect, NQ staff as alwais been super nice and helpful but by delaying this answer you are destroying all the good work they did with us since the beginning of this adventure and you are clearly not making that players want to recommend your game since the image you are giving is of a companie that can’t decide what to do with there project. 

Edited by Bachiir

I'm still a bit...shocked that they would talk about how feedback is "unbalanced" considering they have for years refused to use their CMs to actually interact with the community, have refused to address this ongoing 3-month discussion about a wipe, then seem to blame us players for "not liking" something as if they have no responsibility or skills in game design. Without any specifics about exactly what it was we "demanded" be deleted then wanted back...so it's just a vague complaint about their paying customers. 

I hope this week's episode will be better, but my guess is they ignore everything in this thread like they always do. They'd be better off ending this charade of a "podcast" (it isn't a podcast lol) because the only PR they know how to do is negative PR that hurts their brand and reputation. 

Hello, my question is in regards to in game help. Is it the new norm waiting for assistance from the GM?  I waited over three hours for assistance that never came. What is the remedy for this after the game is released? 

thank you