Remove warp restriction from Aphelia missions.

W1zard

Now, that we have missions nerfed, they are not really adding any pvp gameplay to the game. (At least I don't see that it can)
To intercept a mission hauler, you would need to camp for who know how many hours to gain that very little profit of few mission packs.
I don't think anyone currently does that. Besides, now that missions are nerfer, and generated daily, you can just make them work as "daily quests".
Just remove the warp restriction (and maybe lower rewards), and it will be a great way to earn some quanta each day, with something to do (actually fly and land, an active gameplay, not an 6-hour afk gameplay)

I do see where you're coming from on the active aspect of it but I don't think this is the way to go.

This would encourage people to afk farm materials straight into warp cells and warp many alts/hauling services.

I do completely agree on the fact missions are not an okay game loop, I do not like the ideas of dailies that are so effective, no only will it be heavily abused It compels people into feeling like they have to do the dailies (things many other games do) and I'm not a fan.

No matter how I look at it missions being the best quanta in the game via any method is unhealthy due afk and alt abuse. 

My only real suggestion of my own would be.

If warping packages was allowed it'd be 1 package/ship max to prevent abuse, ships carrying many packages should go through the pvp zone. I'd further push the fact missions going through pvp zone should go to random cords kinda like asteroids or something to prevent automation flight to another planet but I doubt the player base would approve.

Final Point

Warping max of 1 package at a time.

Bigger hauls must fly.

Something to break up the constant automation flight

Increased rewards for pvpers. Pvpers should be able to hand in the packages and obtain all if not most of the value of the packages to encourage interactive game play between groups. If people fear the extra pvpers out for money then warp one at a time as a slower but safer method.

42 minutes ago, VarietyMMOs said:

If warping packages was allowed it'd be 1 package/ship max to prevent abuse, ships carrying many packages should go through the pvp zone. I'd further push the fact missions going through pvp zone should go to random cords kinda like asteroids or something to prevent automation flight to another planet but I doubt the player base would approve.

Unless I missed something, everyone has different missions available each day. limiting it to one package per ship subsequently seems redundant.

As for warping... on one hand it would make it much faster, and I would like not having to afk for several hours... on the other it would turn missions in to "daily-quests" that everyone would need to do "to keep up". Even if they nerfed the payout again, it would probably just blow a lot of quanta in to the game (small amounts at a time, but everyone would have it) short term, until the price of warp-cells went up enough to make it not worth most people's time...

I agree that something needs to be done to make aphelia missions more interesting/involved as 4+hr afk seems a really poor excuse for gameplay, but making them warp-able probably wouldn't be a good solution.

The reason it has to be limited is due to services.

For example I can say everyone who has x mission put your package on this one ship and I'll warp them all at the same time and taking payment on the other side.

If warp cell price goes up so much its not profitable people will fall back on hauling, if the prices come down because more hauling is being done then people will warp again.

Regardless of how its done I am on board with the whole daily thing feeling forced. Not a fan of that kinda game play my self

Overall I don't think allowing warping is the solution but I don't want to shoot down ideas without even offering a suggestion for it

57 minutes ago, VarietyMMOs said:

The reason it has to be limited is due to services.

For example I can say everyone who has x mission put your package on this one ship and I'll warp them all at the same time and taking payment on the other side.

You could theoretically start a service where people pay you to haul the packages, but they'd still need to be at both the start and the destination in person to pick up and drop off said packages, meaning they'd need transport to and from the area just like they already do now. Multi-crews technically need only 1 member present to fly, the rest can surrogate out to do other things, so it wouldn't make multi-package haulers all that much more viable than they already are now.

1 hour ago, VarietyMMOs said:

If warp cell price goes up so much its not profitable people will fall back on hauling, if the prices come down because more hauling is being done then people will warp again.

Tis why I said "most". It wont nessicarily push the price above the payout for missions in any permanent way, odds are it will spike above it, then drop back below, then go back and forth a few times in smaller jumps until it settles at a point where most people don't consider it worth their time, but those that do still buy enough cells to keep the price more or less where it is. It would become a daily that most people don't think is worth their time, but still (correctly) think that they still think they are missing out on something by not doing.

1 hour ago, VarietyMMOs said:

Regardless of how its done I am on board with the whole daily thing feeling forced. Not a fan of that kinda game play my self

Overall I don't think allowing warping is the solution but I don't want to shoot down ideas without even offering a suggestion for it

We agree on daily missions/quests being bad then :)

As for shooting down ideas without providing alternatives/improvements, it is quite reasonable to dislike doing so, but on occasion it must be done.