Vtol's...thrust to weight ratio

Maliciouss1

Currently when building a heavy hauler..ie over 30kt.... space only, you reach a point where no matter how many you add,with the fuel and tank connections needed you cannot remain at 1g or better.whoever thought this was a good idea....slap.

we already have huge punitive measures that make large heavy shipping nearly useless,this makes even safespace hauling pointless.

The new types are a poorly thought out lazy hot mess as well........

ship building was the last semi enjoyable content ... which atm with bugs/crashs,nerfs,and changes renders it not only not fun but an annoyance.

NQ seriously keep this up you won't have to worry about a launch,its a ghost town now.

thanks devs another unneeded nerf 

Edited by Maliciouss1

4 hours ago, Maliciouss1 said:

im sayin votls over on a over 30 kt ship do can't do there flippin job because they obviously didnt test this specific scenario

I mean, 30kt does kinda seem absurd anyway. That's like, 88 modern day tandem-axel semi trucks / 1 and 1/2 freight ships filled to maximum capacity on one spaceship alone, so its probably not surprising that its gonna be slow as hell.

Edited by Shaman
punctuation

On 6/25/2022 at 8:07 AM, Gottchar said:

For every XL engine you add, you can take about 2-3kt.

Whatever the number is for your engine type, handling and pilot talents, it scales perfectly fine to 3, 10, 20 XL engines. 

I am in no way able to reproduce your issue.

I know they introduced XL containers an XLX containers a while back but when did they introduce XL engines? We certainly need more L and XL components like wings and ailerons. 

On 6/24/2022 at 7:07 PM, Gottchar said:

For every XL engine you add, you can take about 2-3kt.

Whatever the number is for your engine type, handling and pilot talents, it scales perfectly fine to 3, 10, 20 XL engines. 

I am in no way able to reproduce your issue.

vtols mate not engines in general, i had to swap out for the new adv model to lift off from a space platform

12 hours ago, Maliciouss1 said:

vtols mate not engines in general, i had to swap out for the new adv model to lift off from a space platform

Space only, VTOL. A ship that can take of and land vertically, but space only. The moment it is space only the VTOL part has little relevance, and in space you can move any mass with little engine power anyway. Not that much gravity to fight.

Anyway, given how so far nobody really understood what the issue is, can you explain it again, but with more full sentences. 

What exactly is the issue?

I assume he's referring to a stationary orbit in gravity. But I don't think you can actually do a geo stationary orbit in du since the planets are not actually moving. 

And since he's trying to use thrusters to maintain that position. Explaining it as a space only vtol kinda make sense. 

As to the op. You don't need 100 engines. I have a single xl freight engine  taking off from a station in gravity moving 30kt. And if I moved the station up in warp I would not even need to take off just warp from the station deck.