Questions on Blue Print and Schematics.

Zarcain

15 hours ago, Caldog said:

If I could build any ship remotely close to the ones ive spent countless millions on... I would have saved the millions.  I have 50+ ships all by some of the best designers in the game.  I can make a flying L container... and it flys horrible.  The reason everyone has different roles in the game.

you can buy them again after the wipe :) 

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2022 at 4:08 PM, NQ-Deckard said:

I will attempt to give a better picture regarding blueprints, what I can confirm is that in the event of a reset you will keep:

• Any Core Blueprints in your Nanopack.
  • Any Core Blueprints inside Packages in your Nanopack.
  • Any Core Blueprints inside Containers on constructs in your personal ownership.
  • Any Core Blueprints inside Packages inside Containers on constructs in your personal ownership.

If you're the Super Legate of an organization you will also receive:

• Any Core Blueprints inside Containers on constructs in the organizations ownership.
  • Any Core Blueprints inside Packages inside Containers on constructs in the organizations ownership.

I hope this clarifies it a little bit. :) 

Am I correct in assuming that the core BPs mentioned are normal BPs and that the material needed to set these BPs has to be re-gained with a reset?

Would it therefore make sense to create BPs in such a way that they are designed with T1 materials after a wipe in order to have them available again quickly?

Furthermore, it would certainly also make sense if very high-value elements were not used, as many of these are not available for weeks or months after a reset. (e.g. rare manoeuvre Space Engines XL) should you redesign your spaceships and buildings with this in mind?

If so, how much time do we have left to redesign all the important BP?

What about large buildings that are composed of several cores? Could you please create a way to combine several cores as one building object?

Is a wipe currently planned or necessary at all, or would it be sufficient if players removed their buildings from the planets and moved them to Space?
(You had once mentioned that redesigning the planets is very important and therefore a wipe would be necessary there).

Please understand, the text has been translated.

On 6/15/2022 at 3:52 AM, Zeddrick said:

Does anyone else think this information is oddly specific given that, allegedly, no decision has been made about doing a wipe?

'We have no idea if we are even going to wipe at all but we have decided that if you are the super league of an org which owns a wrapped BP inside a construct's container you will definitely get to keep that'.

Busted indeed ....

Clearly, this is the same logic that was used to refund schematics. It is logic that is already written and can be tweaked for core BPs. No conspiracy, just something they already know they can do.

2 hours ago, Deathknight said:

Clearly, this is the same logic that was used to refund schematics. It is logic that is already written and can be tweaked for core BPs. No conspiracy, just something they already know they can do.

There's no way that schematic refund is going to survive a wipe!  Some people bought them at 1% and received huge payouts for the refund.  Even some of the ones who didn't buy them at 1% cost got game-breaking amounts back from the refund (they were able to earn the money through the old mission system).  Only reason they're doing it, IMO, is that they know they're going to delete all the money later so don't want to bother arguing about it now.  

Also talent points.  After all the times they objected to resetting them and all the good reasons given for not resetting they just reset them out of nowhere for a vague, waffly and obviously BS reason.  I mean, they didn't even bother to make up a proper excuse.  They just outright tested the post-wipe-talent-refund system.

12 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

There's no way that schematic refund is going to survive a wipe!  Some people bought them at 1% and received huge payouts for the refund.  Even some of the ones who didn't buy them at 1% cost got game-breaking amounts back from the refund (they were able to earn the money through the old mission system).  Only reason they're doing it, IMO, is that they know they're going to delete all the money later so don't want to bother arguing about it now.  

Also talent points.  After all the times they objected to resetting them and all the good reasons given for not resetting they just reset them out of nowhere for a vague, waffly and obviously BS reason.  I mean, they didn't even bother to make up a proper excuse.  They just outright tested the post-wipe-talent-refund system.

I agree, I never said the refund was going to survive a wipe. I am saying that the same logic used to perform the refund can be used to refund core BPs. And they have carried BPs between alpha and beta, so this is the reason that there is such specific information. They already have a way to do it and know exactly how it works.

5 hours ago, Deathknight said:

I agree, I never said the refund was going to survive a wipe. I am saying that the same logic used to perform the refund can be used to refund core BPs. And they have carried BPs between alpha and beta, so this is the reason that there is such specific information. They already have a way to do it and know exactly how it works.

Carrying BPs between alpha and beta was 'put it in your inventory or it gets deleted'.  None of this detailed clever stuff.

On 8/9/2022 at 1:57 PM, Zeddrick said:

Carrying BPs between alpha and beta was 'put it in your inventory or it gets deleted'.  None of this detailed clever stuff.

Customer service! It's a good thing. People who are not currently active in the beta can still come give things a try at launch and will have their core BPs regardless of where they were.