Questions on Blue Print and Schematics.

Zarcain

We get to keep core blue prints, but does that mean any core BP I have in my inventory, or only core BP I made myself?

Will schematics still be in the game at launch?  Or is that being replaced by the new power system?

The decision to wipe has not even been finalized yet so naturally those details are not available either. I could speculate here but I think it would be better for you to keep an eye on the DU news for updates directly from the devs. Once the decision is made details on how to procced will be provided too.

I think it's safe to say that you probably aren't going to get any final answers to this stuff until right before the wipe.  They must think we're stupid really - the next update is clearly all about testing the release content, including the system to retain  talent points after a wipe, but still they won't tell us anything in case we unsub.

IMO of course ...

I will attempt to give a better picture regarding blueprints, what I can confirm is that in the event of a reset you will keep:

• Any Core Blueprints in your Nanopack.
  • Any Core Blueprints inside Packages in your Nanopack.
  • Any Core Blueprints inside Containers on constructs in your personal ownership.
  • Any Core Blueprints inside Packages inside Containers on constructs in your personal ownership.

If you're the Super Legate of an organization you will also receive:

• Any Core Blueprints inside Containers on constructs in the organizations ownership.
  • Any Core Blueprints inside Packages inside Containers on constructs in the organizations ownership.

I hope this clarifies it a little bit. :) 

2 hours ago, Distinct Mint said:

Constructs with containers will survive the wipe!

NQ is busted 🙂

That was my thought too...but it might be that they magically are moved into the owner's inventory.

14 hours ago, Gillimus said:

Does this mean that constructs will survive the reset?

Not the constructs itself but the Core BP inside these constructs containers (means will be transferred to your nano pack after reset).

Does anyone else think this information is oddly specific given that, allegedly, no decision has been made about doing a wipe?

'We have no idea if we are even going to wipe at all but we have decided that if you are the super league of an org which owns a wrapped BP inside a construct's container you will definitely get to keep that'.

Busted indeed ....

6 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

Does anyone else think this information is oddly specific given that, allegedly, no decision has been made about doing a wipe?

'We have no idea if we are even going to wipe at all but we have decided that if you are the super league of an org which owns a wrapped BP inside a construct's container you will definitely get to keep that'.

Busted indeed ....

not really, fairly straight forward actually.

parse constructs > move bp to /dev/nul /nanopack

On 6/14/2022 at 10:08 AM, NQ-Deckard said:

I will attempt to give a better picture regarding blueprints, what I can confirm is that in the event of a reset you will keep:

• Any Core Blueprints inside Containers on constructs in your personal ownership.
  • Any Core Blueprints inside Packages inside Containers on constructs in your personal ownership.

• Any Core Blueprints inside Containers on constructs in the organizations ownership.
  • Any Core Blueprints inside Packages inside Containers on constructs in the organizations ownership.

Why do you guys always have to be so sly? Can you not just come out and say that constructs will be or will not be removed? This kind of behavior is what's driving the original players away!

Let's cut NQ-Deckard some slack here. What he CLEARLY said is that they would actually check this time for blueprints buried in nested places like packages and containers and move them to your nanopack. They have the mechanisms in place for that no matter what happens in other quarters.

The (word that shall not be spoken or typed) is decided some point in the future by someone else. 

I for one, am glad to get confirmation of BP retention. No good dead goes unpunished apparently.

On 6/14/2022 at 9:08 AM, NQ-Deckard said:

Thank you for the information about core Blueprints.  However,  I do believe that most construct Blueprints will become unviable with future changes  (brakes, power systems, ect). Because of these changes,  I would like to ask for a " Deploy voxels only " checkbox on the deploy window where we set the construct name, so that we don't have to have all of the elements to rebuild the construct. 

So basically those that dont make ships but spent 100's of millions on ships will loose all their non core stuff???  Maybe we didnt design the ship but we spent countless hours digging, mining, hauling, selling etc to support the ship builders who hold the core.

2 hours ago, Caldog said:

So basically those that dont make ships but spent 100's of millions on ships will loose all their non core stuff???  Maybe we didnt design the ship but we spent countless hours digging, mining, hauling, selling etc to support the ship builders who hold the core.

This is just a suggestion, not a fix to the problem: 

Spend your time now building a copy of the ship you own, then make a core BP out of that. 

Or at least copy the elements to have an element only ship. and then after release you have a beginners hauler ship to save up for.  would need adjustments after the power system but I don't think it will be that bad.  That's what ship builders do, they build a hauler out of elements until they can afford something better.  

35 minutes ago, Zarcain said:

Spend your time now building a copy of the ship you own, then make a core BP out of that. 

He cannot make a copy of a ship he bought with drm. Copying voxel areas is also not possible.
There are not many who have sold a ship drm free.

3 hours ago, Caldog said:

Yep. Seems those people played wrong in terms of persistence. 

Just now, Zarcata said:

He cannot make a copy of a ship he bought with drm. Copying voxel areas is also not possible.
There are not many who have sold a ship drm free.

I don't mean copy and paste, i meant park your ship and start new core next to it and copy the best you can

8 hours ago, Zarcain said:

Or at least copy the elements to have an element only ship. and then after release you have a beginners hauler ship to save up for.  would need adjustments after the power system but I don't think it will be that bad.  That's what ship builders do, they build a hauler out of elements until they can afford something better.  

If I could build any ship remotely close to the ones ive spent countless millions on... I would have saved the millions.  I have 50+ ships all by some of the best designers in the game.  I can make a flying L container... and it flys horrible.  The reason everyone has different roles in the game.