when are we getting industry balance changes?

Shaman

Industrial gameplay does not exist.
The industrialist who spends time in his industry once it is finished is a bad industrialist.

- Take ore from mining units
- sell half to the bot
- lay the other half in the industry
- take craft items from industry

end of gameplay loop

8 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Industrial gameplay does not exist.
The industrialist who spends time in his industry once it is finished is a bad industrialist.

- Take ore from mining units
- sell half to the bot
- lay the other half in the industry
- take craft items from industry

end of gameplay loop

I agree.  And it's like we have sacrificed everything for this "single shard metaverse" but what has it given us back? No real gameplay loops, and boring mechanics that are just for time sinks. I've had more fun on a 80 man DayZ server than I ever had in DU. You still need to make a GAME first. DU has just become boring universe.  

Ahhhh Dayz of good memories.

Too bad they had a weak productive/competent dev team.
I saw that they soon finished reimplementing quarterly update everything they had removed during their change of graphics engine x)

Dayz personally I dropped it when they spread the players too much on the map and the BRs arrived. I imagine that I will have to turn more to tarkov.

Finally, just to say that the interaction between players is essential in a game. If you never see anyone active and producing value in an MMO, it's problematic.

8 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Ahhhh Dayz of good memories.

Too bad they had a weak productive/competent dev team.
I saw that they soon finished reimplementing quarterly update everything they had removed during their change of graphics engine x)

Dayz personally I dropped it when they spread the players too much on the map and the BRs arrived. I imagine that I will have to turn more to tarkov.

Finally, just to say that the interaction between players is essential in a game. If you never see anyone active and producing value in an MMO, it's problematic.

DayZ is actually damn good right now.  They have multiple maps. And many mods. You can find a server that fits your playstyle.  Some are lightly modded no bases on smaller maps, others heavy modded with bases. Some are rp servers. Even top streamers are playing it again.  DayZ has never been better. 

On 7/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, Zarcata said:

eat away at the performance.

I understand your point but:

Sorry to say, but not my problem.

NQ promoted the server tech as outstanding new tech and all was possible and even more. Any reasoning that has to do with performance is the same as "staff is at vacation".

A lot of long time players and testers all propost a research driven time loop that does the same but is not quanta driven or is needed per apparatus. this should do the same but will be a logical step and can be build into the narative of the game world. 

There is no problem with needing to research designs or elements to be able to actually produce them afterwards, If NQ would ask me to present a plan i can even just give them one in a day or two with even all details in it. there are many issues with schematics and the reason most people want them gone is not to be able to build a mega factory on day 1 but to have some logical way or "game element"that is plausible and can be or traded or gained in time by effort and not by cash as that makes the whole concept dangerously close to either Pay for win or exploidable.

But if anyone  @NQ-Admin is interesting in learning more about the science approach on industrialization I am very willing to either explain or call in with teams/zoom/etc. For free, or eternal glory.  Eternal glory is also nice :D 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:27 PM, RugesV said:

Schematics added industrialist to the game.  Before .23 if you wanted 2 gates for your base you would just spin up your machines and make them yourself. Now you look at the cost of schematics and say hmm I only want 2 gates.

Fixed it for you:

Then you go to the market, see the cost of the gates, calculate the cost of still making them yourself after reduction of everything you already have setup, buy all stuff needed, redesign industrial setup, Build gates yourself anyway.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:13 PM, CousinSal said:

Tell that to the people I know who have multiple billions, and all they do Is dump ore in.  It literally happens. 

Most of them got the quanta how? exploits on missions, missions, other exploits, by fair trading?

And that shows in general the issue with quanta costing game limitations. frankly if i wanted to throw money at DU i could have everything in less then a day as the internet was filled by stuff we cannot mention here.

On 6/20/2022 at 3:18 PM, Endstar said:

Lastly indy focused people really really like to expand automation. Give them much more automation options. 

Indeed, and probably without schematics we can actually Lua the automation into making stuff after stuff by changing the industrial unit, call it a dream or a wish but that would be nice

12 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Most of them got the quanta how? exploits on missions, missions, other exploits, by fair trading?

And that shows in general the issue with quanta costing game limitations. frankly if i wanted to throw money at DU i could have everything in less then a day as the internet was filled by stuff we cannot mention here.

Mining Unit and sale of massive T1 to bots.

Several billion easily and without much effort.
We'll do that at release and destroy the game economy again.

As always NQ does not want to discuss these topics.