A LETTER FROM OUR CREATIVE DIRECTOR - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

46 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

Out of the games that you guys mentioned, which ones started with the markets already cornered, player already maxed out and OP, and players already billions ahead in game currency?

No idea, as I expect a wipe. At least it would not make sense in my eyes to continue this way. When was the fiasco with the prices for the schematics? 2021? That had people screaming "Rollback!" but Nq didn't respond.

And while we're at it - remove the schematics. My nanoformer is smarter than the factory.

18 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Absolutely, that is what happens when someone tries to pretend that a game is beta when in reality it is still alpha.

And all the underlying problems are still there, waiting to rear their ugly head. Like for example the fact that the game does not even have the fundamental functions/pillars in place to make it a proper beta, and they are talking about a release...

100% this.  The game is not ready.  The basics have not even been mastered.  Adding things instead of working on basics... who was asking for flotillas? 

I think this will be another amazon: new world release, instead of a NMS release.  Basically a train wreck.

25 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

So saying we need a wipe to "fix the game", makes little sense when we all know there will be many braking changes after 'release' if the game is ever going to have a chance.

And then you made it about your ill-gotten gains...   No one said a wipe will fix the game, a wipe will maximize new player retention...  NQ is thinking about money right now.  Getting the builders back in the game and getting the cash flow back on. 

Because the launch looks like it will be a disaster, you should be able to keep your TP and quanta?  How does that make sense?

22 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

No idea, as I expect a wipe. At least it would not make sense in my eyes to continue this way. When was the fiasco with the prices for the schematics? 2021? That had people screaming "Rollback!" but Nq didn't respond.

And while we're at it - remove the schematics. My nanoformer is smarter than the factory.

That's one of those exploits that resulted in ill-gotten gains.  Should have been corrected then, but I think even then NQ knew they would have to wipe and just let it play out.

The schematics are gone on release.  The last letter confirms it.

1 hour ago, Hazaatan said:

The schematics are gone on release.  The last letter confirms it.

and this will be the final bullet if they have no smart counter measurement against uncontrolled growing massive factories !

maybe its their intention to get back all the players who didn't stand the grind to setup the factories again

I'm not expecting many to return or even get knowledge of that change

6 hours ago, Hazaatan said:

Because the launch looks like it will be a disaster, you should be able to keep your TP and quanta?  How does that make sense?

Because NQ said we should start playing for keeps when they started charging subscription for the beta.. This is all on NQ, they made their bed, and now they get to lie in it.

17 hours ago, Hazaatan said:

You, and all the other 'no wipe', are just trying to protect your ill-gotten gains

Get lost sucker. I played this game for two years without ever using an exploit or glitch, did'nt buy the cheap schemata or used any other irregular moves for my gain. And there are many, many more who played within the rules and honestly. i may not have billions in cash, but surely billions in assets.

I'm strictly against a wipe and the main reason for this is trust. I will not pay a dime to a company which breaks all her promises.

7 hours ago, Leppard said:

Get lost sucker. I played this game for two years without ever using an exploit or glitch, did'nt buy the cheap schemata or used any other irregular moves for my gain. And there are many, many more who played within the rules and honestly. i may not have billions in cash, but surely billions in assets.

I'm strictly against a wipe and the main reason for this is trust. I will not pay a dime to a company which breaks all her promises.

No.

You conveniently left out using alts...

Your post is so selfish, that the odds of you being one of the legit players is miniscule.  "Get lost sucker"? Legit players don't talk like this...

I would wager that if there are 300 of us playing, 1-5 players are playing legit.  Those players are not coming to the forums to defend cheaters.

What you are suggesting, is that all the cheaters, the exploiters, the multiple account holders should get to keep their ill-gotten gains because you played legit and you want to keep your things, at the detriment of the game.... you are full of shit.  This suggestion is so stupid it is beyond defense.  

That is not how legit players act.  Legit players get pissed off at cheaters.  Never has there been a legit player surrounded by cheaters, come to defense of the cheaters.  It is so out of character, that only a cheater would try to pass this behaver off as legit, 

You're a liar, your post is a lie, and you're full of shit.

15 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

Your post is so selfish, that the odds of you being one of the legit players is miniscule.  "Get lost sucker"? Legit players don't talk like this...

<snip>

This has to be some kind of record for how fast someone can make their own post worthless..

4 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

This has to break to be some kind of record for how fast someone can make their own post worthless..

How? Explain.  Do the mean words hurt that much?  If I take the mean words out, will you give me heart?

14 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

How? Explain.  Do the mean words hurt that much?  If I take the mean words out, will you give me heart?

I didn't buy any wrong schemes, I don't have any twinks and I didn't do any other irregular things. So I worked out everything myself, spent many hours collecting ores, whether on planets or on asteroids. Then I always traded, bought cheap things, sold expensive on other markets.

And now? I am also against a wipe.

17 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

I didn't buy any wrong schemes, I don't have any twinks and I didn't do any other irregular things. So I worked out everything myself, spent many hours collecting ores, whether on planets or on asteroids. Then I always traded, bought cheap things, sold expensive on other markets.

And now? I am also against a wipe.

So, your ok with being surrounded be the 99% of players who cheated there way to the top?  Think of all the work you did, then realize you were surpassed by cheaters who did one tenth of the work you did.  

You don't have twinks, but you're ok with being surrounded by twinks, You didn't cheat but your ok with a game that is mostly cheaters... because you played legit?  Does that make sense?

You are ok with those cheaters causing new players to leave, at launch?

You are ok with NQ catering the game to mostly cheaters, because you didn't cheat?

This all makes sense to you?  How?  What reasoning do you give yourself to play a game where you are one of the very few not cheating?

How is that better than starting over with no ill-gotten gains to try and save the game itself?

Edited by Hazaatan

43 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

So, your ok with being surrounded be the 99% of players who cheated there way to the top?  Think of all the work you did, then realize you were surpassed by cheaters who did one tenth of the work you did. 

Do I think it's fair? no

Do I think you are massively overreacting in this matter? absolutely

Do I think your assumption of this occuring is excessive? yes

Do I believe NQ dropped the ball on acting in regards to exploiters? absolutely

Do I expect they had reasons for that? Yes, I am pretty sure the wipe was always going to happen which is what NQ knew and so they acted with that in mind (as far as they acted at all)

Does anything these exploiters did affect me personally? no, not at all and that is why, even when I belie it woudl be a mistake, if NQ were to not wipe I can live with that. The thing for me woudl be that by not doing awipe NQ would really only hurth their long term plans and potentially create reasons for loss of retention and possibly some bad press.

You don't have twinks, but you're ok with being surrounded by twinks, You didn't cheat but your ok with a game that is mostly cheaters... because you played legit?  Does that make sense?

You are ok with NQ catering the game to mostly cheaters, because you didn't cheat?

This all makes sense to you?  How?  What reasoning do you give yourself to play a game where you are one of the very few not cheating?

How is that better than starting over with no ill-gotten gains to try and save the game itself?

I think of all the work I have done, at the same time all the time I have invested. Do other players do things better? Certainly! Does that affect how I play in a sandbox game with no objective? NO! 
It doesn't matter if someone else has built 500 constructs and I have only 20. It doesn't matter if I have saved 20million and someone else has 500 billion. It doesn't have much of an impact on it being war deciding. Whether other players used 20 twink accounts or 20 players joined together to accomplish the same thing. (the 20 players are still stronger in PvP). 

It's a game without a goal, without a line to cross first. The one who runs the fastest is not first and gets a trophy. He is the first at the end, where boredom appears.
You keep talking about "most players are cheaters", is there a source or statement from NQ that would back up that statement?
I rather have the feeling that most players play fair, they also tend to play for themselves and are not negatively influenced by other players. There will always be cheaters, but it seems to be more of a minority that is not significant in the overall economy.

I would also like to point out that calling the majority of the playerbase "cheaters" is a severe mischaracterization of the situation. A cheater is someone who takes advantage of unintended mechanics for personal gain. Yes there were a small number of players who exploited to duplicate assets or make themselves invincible in pvp but the vast majority are innocent. What has occurred here is just changes in circumstance. The game's various features have evolved since the start of beta and some players therefore had an easier time than others. This does not constitute cheating as at the time they were merely using the gameplay features as intended. Please understand that this distinction is important and also one of the reasons why the decision on whether or not to wipe is not easy to make.

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

Do I think it's fair? no

Do I think you are massively overreacting in this matter? absolutely

Do I think your assumption of this occuring is excessive? yes

Do I believe NQ dropped the ball on acting in regards to exploiters? absolutely

Do I expect they had reasons for that? Yes, I am pretty sure the wipe was always going to happen which is what NQ knew and so they acted with that in mind (as far as they acted at all)

Does anything these exploiters did affect me personally? no, not at all and that is why, even when I belie it woudl be a mistake, if NQ were to not wipe I can live with that. The thing for me woudl be that by not doing awipe NQ would really only hurth their long term plans and potentially create reasons for loss of retention and possibly some bad press.

YOU will be ok with no wipe, I will be ok with no wipe, everyone who is playing now will be ok with no wipe.  WE are all OP AF.  Wea re all twinks at this point...

Why always about you?  Why can't you focus on new players?

Try to be honest here: New player experience with the AH cornered, twinks, and seal clubbers from ill-gotten gains.. Good or bad experience for new players at launch?

1 hour ago, Zarcata said:

I think of all the work I have done, at the same time all the time I have invested. Do other players do things better? Certainly! Does that affect how I play in a sandbox game with no objective? NO! 
It doesn't matter if someone else has built 500 constructs and I have only 20. It doesn't matter if I have saved 20million and someone else has 500 billion. It doesn't have much of an impact on it being war deciding. Whether other players used 20 twink accounts or 20 players joined together to accomplish the same thing. (the 20 players are still stronger in PvP). 

It's a game without a goal, without a line to cross first. The one who runs the fastest is not first and gets a trophy. He is the first at the end, where boredom appears.
You keep talking about "most players are cheaters", is there a source or statement from NQ that would back up that statement?
I rather have the feeling that most players play fair, they also tend to play for themselves and are not negatively influenced by other players. There will always be cheaters, but it seems to be more of a minority that is not significant in the overall economy.

You missed the last question: How is that better than starting over with no ill-gotten gains to try and save the game itself?

You may not realize that you're surrounded by cheaters, but you have to realize the game is dying.

You may not care about twinks, or cheating, but do you really think new players are going to be ok with it?

How could you be a legit player and not want to maximize saving the game?  You realize, if the game shuts down, there is no game where you are surrounded by twinks so you can not care about it.

11 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

YOU will be ok with no wipe, I will be ok with no wipe, everyone who is playing now will be ok with no wipe.  WE are all OP AF.  Wea re all twinks at this point...

Why always about you?  Why can't you focus on new players?

Try to be honest here: New player experience with the AH cornered, twinks, and seal clubbers from ill-gotten gains.. Good or bad experience for new players at launch?

A lot of us don't think there will  be many new players, that's why we think NQ should focus on keeping the ones they have instead of alienating them in a last gasp attempt to reboot the game.

And if AH cornered, seal clubbing, etc is how you see the experience now, what do you think it will be like 4 weeks after launch.  The casuals probably left with the wipe, now there are the hardcore players getting back into those things and a bunch of new ones who are providing the red meat.

3 hours ago, Hazaatan said:

Ppl seem to forget that what you call cheating in most situations was made by players using the mechanics of the game, for me mission running for exemple was not a cheat since it was included in the game itself, not saying that nobody cheated but It is not a majority of players. I just feel that like you said we will lose all are work because of a minority of players

2 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

A lot of us don't think there will  be many new players, that's why we think NQ should focus on keeping the ones they have instead of alienating them in a last gasp attempt to reboot the game.

This would be great, and I would agree, if the game wasn't dying.  We are not enough to keep the game going, you have to understand that.  That why NQ is preparing for release, to try and get more paying customers.  

4 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

And if AH cornered, seal clubbing, etc is how you see the experience now, what do you think it will be like 4 weeks after launch.  The casuals probably left with the wipe, now there are the hardcore players getting back into those things and a bunch of new ones who are providing the red meat.

This hasn't made sense all the other times it's been said.  

If you will gain everything back after a wipe, why are you against it?  The ill-gotten gains are the only thing we lose with a wipe.

7 minutes ago, Bachiir said:

Ppl seem to forget that what you call cheating in most situations was made by players using the mechanics of the game, for me mission running for exemple was not a cheat since it was included in the game itself, not saying that nobody cheated but It is not a majority of players. I just feel that like you said we will lose all are work because of a minority of players

Finding a loop hole to get around the word cheating is low, really low.  It's NQ fault for not taking away ill-gotten gains as soon as they happen, but it doesn't change the fact that you got something, or too much of something, when you shouldn't have.  And all of those ill-gotten gains are gone with a wipe.  Everything else we earned we will get back in a short time.

4 hours ago, Hazaatan said:

What you are suggesting, is that all the cheaters, the exploiters, the multiple account holders should get to keep their ill-gotten gains because you played legit and you want to keep your things, at the detriment of the game.... you are full of shit.  This suggestion is so stupid it is beyond defense.  

That is not how legit players act.  Legit players get pissed off at cheaters.  Never has there been a legit player surrounded by cheaters, come to defense of the cheaters.  It is so out of character, that only a cheater would try to pass this behaver off as legit, 

I hope NQ actually moderates a bit, because this sort of post is so needlessly hostile and arrogant and so clearly against the terms of use. 

You aren't capable of determining who is a cheater based on the tone of their post. You don't get to silence people because of your puzzling, evidence-free belief they are a cheater. 

Stop with the personal attacks -- there's no reason to get so angry and certainly no reason to attack anyone like this. It's hard to believe any of your "arguments" are based on anything other than your emotions with reasoning like this. It's just plain rude. 

1-5 in 300 so 0,33 to 1,66%

My sweet summer child, if there is more than 98% of "cheaters", 1,66% are simply not taking full advantage of the gamemechanisms...

People like you are the reason I'm still gonna get more than one account eventhough I don't particularly feel like giving NQ more money... You want do devalue and delete hundreds if not thousands of hours of my grind? I'm gonna shatter your illusions of purity so hard on relaunch. I am going to proudly share all of my "ill-gotten gains" to push some simp noses into their own poo.

Why always about you?

Dude, please try and stick with your _own_ story here.

Also, please try and learn the concept of context as you seem to completely miss it.

IF you actually followed the general conversation, you woudl know that I expect and MUCH prerfer a wipe prior to releaase and I actually make that point in my response to YOUR question.

That said, If NQ is dumb enough to not wipe.. it really won't bother me much

Try to be honest here: 

Try and stick to your story/position please.. don't wobble around at every corner just to continue an argument which really is not there.