Servers Down Until Wipe, Would you Care?

Rokkur

I mean honestly? How many of us are playing DU Forums vs. the game?

This isn't a debate if wipe/no wipe will happen discussion.
This is a what is the existential point of playing right now discussion.

1. Seems most of us aren't playing right now cause waiting for news.
2. No new updates to really test for the developers.
3. Economy is trashed.

I know some of you are thinking, what is the benefit of shutting down the servers?
My question is what is the benefit of having them online while we wait for news?

Edited by Rokkur

7 hours ago, Rokkur said:

My question is what is the benefit of having them online while we wait for news?

If you feel that it makes no sense for you to play until an announcement is made regard YES/NO on wipe then that is your choice.

In the end it really will not matter what you do as even with a full/global wipe. the advantage backers and beta key holders have is massive. 

Personally I am in "Maintenance mode". I planned to stop playing all together but instead just do two calibrations a week and fly around my MU locations to collect an dthe sell ore once a week. Just in case NQ does not wipe.

NQ has an obligation to keep server online as long as there are active subscriptions.

5 hours ago, Shredder said:

I assume BPs will not be wiped, so I play to create them.

Assumption is the mother of all... 😉

BPs could very well end up in the shredder as well... As they would invalidate a TON of potential character income as people could import designs from others with quanta paid in a broken economy...

47 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

Assumption is the mother of all... 😉

BPs could very well end up in the shredder as well... As they would invalidate a TON of potential character income as people could import designs from others with quanta paid in a broken economy...

I expect Core BPs to remain, the single-use BPs however should be shredded. If you own a Core BP, then you somehow have gained full rights to the design.

So wipe most everything from the vast majority of players... But let us leave the creative folks alone. The economy is in need of correction but allowing for ship builders to retain there source of income while others start from zero is fair how?

Just make the BP that are saved single use.  After the first construct is build with these 'saved' BP, then you can make a core BP.  That way the builders still have to save up to build it like everyone else.  They save time for not having to redesign, but they don't flood the market with BP right away.

18 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

Just make the BP that are saved single use.  After the first construct is build with these 'saved' BP, then you can make a core BP.  That way the builders still have to save up to build it like everyone else.  They save time for not having to redesign, but they don't flood the market with BP right away.

There won't be a market for BPs until people get back on their feet. It doesn't matter if builders have BPs ready to go.

1 hour ago, Daphne Jones said:

There won't be a market for BPs until people get back on their feet. It doesn't matter if builders have BPs ready to go.

And non-builders will benefit from the availability of those designs at that point as much as the builders selling them.

19 hours ago, Yoarii said:

I can't test LUA without the game, leave the light on please.

But they've already said LUA updates coming to control units, and possible removal of schematics (my main lua projects are for flying things and running industry sooo), I'm on th fence. 

18 hours ago, blazemonger said:

If you feel that it makes no sense for you to play until an announcement is made regard YES/NO on wipe then that is your choice.

In the end it really will not matter what you do as even with a full/global wipe. the advantage backers and beta key holders have is massive. 

Personally I am in "Maintenance mode". I planned to stop playing all together but instead just do two calibrations a week and fly around my MU locations to collect an dthe sell ore once a week. Just in case NQ does not wipe.

NQ has an obligation to keep server online as long as there are active subscriptions.

I am amazed that you have not wipe backup plan. I'm completely done with resource gathering, and for the most part doing anything in game, its now purely just a habit if I happen to login for 5 minutes.

18 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Some take the opportunity to build in voxel, others to try things and burn the inumbral resources lying around in the containers.
Maybe some will organize big fights once the final announcement of the wipe.

Dont talk about fight club. Talk about wipe club.