New Elements Needed for Launch

J-Rod

There are several elements that seem to be lacking from the current game and several elements that could use a tweak.

Large wings  -  come on, why don't we have these already?     reduce element count and lag

Colored luminescent voxel   -   game would become cyberpunk universe, I'm totally in

xl brakes and xl space brakes -  some of us like very large ships and this would reduce element count, lag, and would be a win for everyone

different shapes of engines such as long skinny engines so that we don't have to always have a giant engine wall for huge haulers

xl atmo engines - again, why don't we have these already

different warp drive sizes for different core size ships    -  the current warp drive size and weight i believe is appropriate for s core ships, there needs to be a smaller one for xs cores and medium and large ones for M and L core ships

L cores that are not a cube shape, L cores that are twice as long but half as tall, would contain same volume but allow more variety of large ships 

There are many more but these are my first choices if they were to add some more elements to the game. 

Post your suggestions here for new elements that you think we need or new elements that would add more interesting gameplay.

15 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Nothing will change before release, NQ will go there with what we now have.

They have also pretty much said no, at least for the forseeable future, to all your suggestions even if some make sense.

What a shame...   

If you search the forum you'll find your suggestion has been... erm... suggested before.

This suggestion was made just over a year ago and in much more detail... And that thread itself was actually a compilation of some even earlier threads by myself and others dating right back to the alpha...

NQ have shown zero interest in improving this aspect of the game...

My summary post:

Am I the only one who want an XS Space fuel tank? I'm fed up of having to cart a massive barrel of lard around with me just to use Vertical Thrusters.

Also, while you're at it, could I have some super cool XS hover pads... Maybe half the size and power of the current ones (say 2 x 2 voxels or something)  so we can put one front and back or on each corner of a transport and not have it look like a meth cooking-spoon?

This would be great for some truly minimal, and maybe even speedy, personal transport!

XS size components

— XS Size space fuel tank

— XS Size hover engines

— XS Brakes

— XS Space Fuel Tanks

— XS Rocket Boosters

— XS Space Brakes

— XS Control seat for motorbike like constructs

M Size

— full sized M wings for M construct. 

L size components

— L Ailerons and Compact Ailerons

— L Wings

— L Stabilisers

— Full sized wings for L construct.

MOAR XL size components

— XL Atmospheric Engines

— XL Hover Engines

— XL Vertical Boosters

— XL Wings ailerons and stabilisers. etc.

— XL Cores? YES PLEASE.  <--- This is apparently beyond the capabilities of the devs and has been explicitly stated will not happen.

On 6/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, J-Rod said:

There are several elements that seem to be lacking from the current game and several elements that could use a tweak.

Large wings  -  come on, why don't we have these already?     reduce element count and lag

Colored luminescent voxel   -   game would become cyberpunk universe, I'm totally in

xl brakes and xl space brakes -  some of us like very large ships and this would reduce element count, lag, and would be a win for everyone

different shapes of engines such as long skinny engines so that we don't have to always have a giant engine wall for huge haulers

xl atmo engines - again, why don't we have these already

different warp drive sizes for different core size ships    -  the current warp drive size and weight i believe is appropriate for s core ships, there needs to be a smaller one for xs cores and medium and large ones for M and L core ships

L cores that are not a cube shape, L cores that are twice as long but half as tall, would contain same volume but allow more variety of large ships 

There are many more but these are my first choices if they were to add some more elements to the game. 

Post your suggestions here for new elements that you think we need or new elements that would add more interesting gameplay.

You can use L stabs as wings. That's my go to for larger ships.

The others are all good ideas. Long thin engines would be nice, especially.

On 6/5/2022 at 5:30 AM, Jinxed said:

— XL Cores? YES PLEASE.  <--- This is apparently beyond the capabilities of the devs and has been explicitly stated will not happen.

Unless NQ changed something in a sneaky manor, XL static cores are a thing, they just aren't available to players. Find yourself a planetary market and look at it with radar.

12 hours ago, Taelessael said:

Unless NQ changed something in a sneaky manor, XL static cores are a thing, they just aren't available to players. Find yourself a planetary market and look at it with radar.

We had 2048 and 4096 cores (static and dynamic) in pre-alpha, so they are probably still available for NQ but not for players.

And in my opinion the simplest and most impactful change NQ could do to improve building cosmetics, would be to allow us to make fuel tanks, wings etc using voxels. And this has been suggested to NQ many, many times. But as usual, nothing.

On 6/3/2022 at 10:38 PM, J-Rod said:

Editable shapes.