Ask Aphelia Episode #3 Discussion Thread

NQ-Nyota

Hm so it took 2 weeks to answer 4 questions...

To be fair: Entropy went deep on the future for PvP question. It's a broad topic and it's good to hear that they have some more ideas in mind, namely adding more mechanics to give it more depth (remote shield healing given as an example to consider), but that they also wanna look at the base again, that they have. Voxel HP, CCS and shield tanking require some more balance passes, but we're getting there eventually, I hope. Hopefully turn speed is among such balance checks, as larger, heavier ships have a hard time keeping up with the fast pace of current fleet battles (needing excessively long times to turn).

As a PvPer, this week was satisfactory in getting some answers for what concerns me personally in my DU gameplay. Now you guys just finally need actions to follow your words. Because we all know, actions speak louder than words. And we're already 2 weeks into a completely disfunctional radar issue, which makes PvP near impossible to play out right now anyway, no matter what rosey future you paint.

Imagine 4 people wanting to do missions together...

unknown.png

180k max per mission? nah, let's check special missions...

1st person special list:
unknown.png

2nd person special list:
unknown.png

3rd person special list:
unknown.png

4th person special list:
unknown.png

How? How can we play in group for missions? How can we create content around this? How can we setup something with a full random and tiny list?

Stop thinking a feature is fine just because you ruined it, lazy to balance it. It's a MMO, focus on that, give us efficient mutlicrew ship, missions, delete all T4+ from MU for force players to group up on roids for farm them...

We need content, not passiv content where we have to travel 100 times the same classic mission for less than 18M per players, or doing 700SU at 20k for 1 package... or just log in for our MU and log out tired of always doing the same thing.

Here we go again, maybe they think if they keep kicking the can down the road we will forget about the only question we give a crap about. I'm just about at the end of my patience for this mess. Every decision made in the last two months has been poor at best. Now they're just going to ignore the only question that matters and go on trying to act like the forum isn't burning down around them. 

What a joke

Also EVE is already a game, why are you just ripping mechanics out of eve and just sticking them in your game? No one creative enough to think up some new stuff to do? Or are you just trying to make 1st person EVE?

Edited by FatRillos

What's striking is that _EVERYTHING_ in these "podcasts" is showing that on the"devs" side of things there is no signs of a push toewards a release, in fact it's all still an alpha stage state of mind where many disruptive and yet to be started projects and ideas are on the table.

Not that this is surprising as it was the same when beta started, It seems there is a total disconnect between the game designers and the commmercial decision makers and NQ will just slap a "release" label on the game at some point in the next few months regardless of the fact that the game itself is still knee deep in Alpha.

What could possibly go wrong

Technically, the audio was again really bad. The last answer was not understandable at all and the quality of Entropy's audio was way worse then he usually is besides his long winded answers which I get from his perspective but which are entirely not fit for purpose. These need to be edited and scripted to shorten them. And fixing the hollow reflections in the audio are really easy to fix, put some effort into these if you want to come across as somewhat professional please.

This episode was much better than the last ones. I like how you were willing to discuss features that may come in the future, since those questions were usually banned in previous Q&As. The additional depth in the answers is also appreciated.

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

all stiill an alpha stage state of mind

Things have regressed from 'maybe' beta to 'definite' alpha.  The game today is not nearly as much fun as the game we had 6-8 months ago. I just pray that there are things happening behind the scenes that are going to make sense at some point.

And then there's the continued lack of news on the potential / probable wipe.  Are they planning to do anything to address the Great Wipe Depression they triggered?  Can the collective ego handle admitting such a massive fcuk up?

My feedback on Alphelia Ignores the Community #3 is that it is business as usual from NQ. 
We scream at NQ in feedback and your podcasts don't even change.

The only perk to this episode is NQ Lasius's accent... If you are going to kill us with useless info, at least let her do all the talking.
(I mean honestly, hearing her talk would be worth more the game itself at this point in regards to paying subscription.)
(I replayed her part like 7 times...) 🤣💖

Otherwise please give me 7:40 of my life back, thank you.

Edited by Rokkur