Hey NQ how is that Wipe Discussion Going?

Rokkur

We're coming up on 8 weeks since their post..

At this point, maintaining you are discussing this is just silly and merely re-affirms the notion that NQ is stringing us along on this while they full well know that the decision to wipe was made months ago already.

It's funny when people who do not seem to grasp the basics of community management and communication in general fall on their face so hard they really have no comeback but no doubt will try to anyway. More likely though, they will just start and try to silence the voices speaking up in order to pretend it never happened as that is what is pretty much the pattern here.

The post was probably 2 months early and should have been posted around this time as the actual wipe and subsequent headstart period leading up to official "release" is probably 6-8 weeks out from now, maybe a little bit longer.

2 hours ago, Zarcata said:

The game is in no state to be released and then call it a game. Honestly, I really can't imagine a 2022 release.

2022 Alpha 2 Release.

.....oh, wait. We're in Beta already.

As much as I love this game, I too have a very hard time seeing this being launched as a complete game.

I already know NQ's line of reasoning here -- "we'll continue to update the game after release". 

Yet we all know their pace of updates...even when they are in an easier pre-release state! We also know that they don't like to even announce what they're working on...

These two things don't work well for a sub-based game where DU has to prove its value month-after-month. 

So my point is that "post-release updates" aren't an inevitability -- even with another year of runway after release, that's only like 3-4 "big" updates for them. That won't be enough to fight churn on release, even if those updates are decent (they'll probably be focused on cost cutting and performance). 

Interesting that there's bandwidth to close threads talking about a wipe, but no bandwidth to update paying customers about what's going on...

There is a big difference between "continue to update the  game" and "try and keep building the base game". If anything, the latter is what NQ will be doing for a few more yeras at least at the pace they keep.

But yeah.. They wil no doubt play the "it's an MMO and an MMO is never finished" and completely bypass that they pushe what effectivelu is an Alpha game to "release".. If they even keep their commitments with regards to game mechaincs and features, a number of those still need to even be started and several of those will massively disrupt the game ..

13 hours ago, blazemonger said:

More likely though, they will just start and try to silence the voices speaking up in order to pretend it never happened as that is what is pretty much the pattern here.

Only those with their head in the sand would believe they aren't already silencing members of the community talking too much sense in criticism of the developers.
Been too many devoted and outspoken players that vocalized for months and just mysteriously disappeared in the middle of heavy posting on forums. 

Yes NQ, we are all wondering how the ongoing discussion is going and you aren't communicating at all with us. You guys tells us to post in the forums if we want to be heard and we are. But you guys are not responding to anything we say. We have been asking questions in the forums and wondering for 8 weeks and still no news. You say you want to be transparent with us so be transparent.

Are you making any progress??

Are any of the wipe details confirmed yet?

Which things can you say are certain?

Do you have any idea when you ARE going to tell us any news?

Is there a proposed launch date yet?

All of these questions and more need to be answered.

In case you guys can't tell, the game is dying and the only thing that can save it is wipe news. Player numbers are at an all time low. Most people I talk to have put the game on hold or abandoned it entirely. We would all like to play again but we need to know what is happening with the wipe/no wipe before we can justify spending any more time on it.

NQ probably reason that spilling the beans on their plan to wipe would be bad. I'd argue the opposite.

Yes, there will be a few who will stop playing entirely. But those are the ones who are not invested in the game anyway, they do not care for the future of the game they only care for the pixels they currently own in game.

Yes, more of the few left in game may pause their activity until a wipe happens. That makes sense as it's only human to feel your time in game would not be meaningful until the wipe happens. The game is way to shallow to begin with to justify devoting time to it when you know all there is to know and so playing really achieves nothing

But overall, announcing the wipe will create a timeframe to start over, it will create a point in time for existing and new players alike to revisit the game AND it creates opportunity for NQ to show what they game can provide and start building for the future, regardless of the fact the game is barely a game at this point. A wipe will be a positive thing for what I believe to be most of the existing active player base, those on the side-line and those interested to come in.

NQ has pretty much set a fairly short time from for when the game will "release" and it really can't be far off. And that means that at this point, the coming wipe is even closer and there really is nothing to lose and everything to gain by just coming out and saying what I believe anyone with a logical mindset knows is coming.

NQ, announcing the wipe at the point where you will offer a short head start period leading into "release" is not a bad thing, it's good and it will establish you take yourself, the game AND your community seriously. Keeping quiet while the obvious is written on the wall in big fat bold letter is just achieving the exact opposite.

HTFU NQ, just grow a pair and start owning your future.

8 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Yes, there will be a few who will stop playing entirely. But those are the ones who are not invested in the game anyway, they do not care for the future of the game they only care for the pixels they currently own in game.

At this point i dont think those people matter anymore. I loved this game but a wipe is a nogo for me. But the communication is far worse. They dont lose more people with a wipe because the people which dont want a wipe are already gone. 

At least for me, the game is not interesting anymore because i have no single piece of trust left for NQ. 

I am still here just because i want to know how this "trololo we are still discussing"-show ends :D

The problem is not that they can't come up with a decision. The problem is that it should be blatantly obvious that the decision has been made and was made some time ago for the simple fact that NQ has much more serious issue if they have not.

There is understandable reasons to keep the decision to wipe internal up to a point. There is not a single reason I can think of to keep a decision to not wipe internal. So it is only reasonable to take that as yes, a wipe will happen. And from that, as we know that release is mere months away, it's time NQ mans up and makes the announcmenet as IMO they have nothing to lose and everything to gain at this point.

And the apparent fact that NQ thinks their community can't put 1 and 1 together is kind of funny and worrisome at the same time.

3 hours ago, merihim said:

At least for me, the game is not interesting anymore because i have no single piece of trust left for NQ.

This so much. One of the most important assets a MMO game company has is player loyalty. If they have this, then there is almost no limit to what they can do as long as the players trust that the company will do what is best for the players and the game. But if you flip the coin, and a company has little or no thrust from the player base then the game is almost guaranteed to fail.

4 hours ago, Sycopata said:

We are idiots, and they know.

I was just looking at how many words are in this thread and thinking the same thing.  Try as I might I haven't managed to walk away though, which sort of proves this right ...

- Was the wipe decided months ago? No. There are still some scenarios without a wipe and some scenarios with a wipe being discussed. Some may have a personal belief on the topic. That doesn't mean their belief is the reality.
- Are you making any progress? Yes.
- Are any of the wipe details confirmed yet? As the final decision hasn't been made yet, it's difficult to share any relevant detail.
- Which things can you say are certain? For the reason explained above, we can't say anything at the moment.
- Is there a proposed launch date yet? No, we don't have any info to share on the topic at the moment.
We (the whole Novaquark team) do know that not being able to give you any information of the topic yet is less than ideal and we do understand your frustration. Once we will have all the information on the topic, we will share it with you as soon as possible. In the meantime, please stick to the already existing forum threads, "Shedding Light On a Novaquark Discussion" and "Ongoing Discussions". Opening new threads on the topic won't make the answer come faster and will just be closed the same way as the previous ones.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar.