Returning players and the stuff they left behind.

Zarcain

What happened to our stuff that we left behind when we stopped playing? I stopped at the schematic deathblow. If I was to come back, where are my ships, my building, my industry, my land claims? What about mega ore deposits? Did they convert to reflect the current mining system, or were all the tiles reset and we have to go scanning tiles again?

"it's complicated"

If you're a subscription beta key player you'll have lost most things that weren't on Sanctuary.

If you're a free-beta-key player you should still have all dynamic constructs and up to 5 territory (personally owned) tiles on planets with static constructs on it. (Org owned tiles will be gone.) Outside of these tiles you will have lost your tiles and any constructs on them. Space constructs should still be ok. Everything on Sanctuary will still be ok.

7 hours ago, Zarcain said:

What happened to our stuff that we left behind when we stopped playing? I stopped at the schematic deathblow. If I was to come back, where are my ships, my building, my industry, my land claims? What about mega ore deposits? Did they convert to reflect the current mining system, or were all the tiles reset and we have to go scanning tiles again?

Where are your stuffs ?

Certainly in our containers. We didn't need them but we took them anyway.

NQ didn't develop PvP, but allowed the PvE mob to plunder the possessions of a ton of defenseless players. This is literally grieffing.

Your abandoned belongings weren't even destroyed, they were given away massively to other players.

I don't understand how NQ can not want their former player back so much.

But reassure you, all will be reset to 0 for everyone. In any case, you would never have been able to keep your belongings.

The one thing NQ has always said and has put quite some effort in making sure it is understood is that your stuff is never safe EXCEPT for on your sanctuary tile where other players can't touch your personal stuff.

I see no issue at all with the game requiring upkeep. You can argue about the way in which NQ implemented it sure, I feel they opted (as they do) for the least expensive and IMO least imaginative option but that does not take away from the fact that a deterioration mechanic needs to be in place.

Now, there are obvious holes in this implementation, for instance a player who is inactive will have their constructs go abandoned but the TU on the relevant tile will remain a HQ TU and you still can't take over the tile itself which will effectively mean that people tear down constructs and not put them to use as you can't do anything on the tile itself like dig or build new constructs. That is a massive oversight and IMO a clear indicator NQ is really just throwing stuff out there and not really thinking these things through at all.

There could have been far more intricate and interesting choices made to achieve the same effeect such as what I posted on HERE .. But NQ chose a cheap option instead which really adds nothing to the game at all outside of a simple timer.

There is a difference between your stuff not being safe outside safe zones, and your stuff being automatically given away to other players.

And since DU was supposed to be persistent, upkeep should have been something to keep the wheels turning with regards to industry etc. (aka power system) and not this cop out 10 minutes of dev time taxes deal wich makes no sense with regard to the game lore etc (land was given away for free in the 1800's wild west to incentivize settlements).

So what NQ did just tells me that they have given up on ever implementing territory warfare, which was how this whole not in a safe-zone / upkeep thing was supposed to work.