Space Territory Warfare, When ?

Knight-Sevy

Hi,

@NQ_Nyota or @NQ_Deckard

I asked the question about the PTS at the beginning of April, we are almost in June and there was no answer :

Space Territory Warfare was based on the previous roadmap. When are we going to have it in game?
This is really a major feature to implement before the release.

thank you for your comeback

I honestly think that the fighting over alien cores is what NQ means when they talk about space territory warfare.

I doubt there will ever be any "ownable" or "claimable" space territory but I could be wrong.

Cross your fingers.

12 hours ago, TwizAmber said:

So far, from almost all their implementations of things, its been done bare bone so they can check the marker that they have achieved the goal on the roadmap. Space Territory Warfare will be no different. 

They will be forced to come with territory warfare or close the game. There is currently only PvP that will be able to maintain subscriptions for players.

Let me dream a little more.
Anyway my money is already gone and it looks like I'm entitled to some DACs to see how long the boat will still float.

4 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

They will be forced to come with territory warfare or close the game. There is currently only PvP that will be able to maintain subscriptions for players.

And we all know they will do some weird tweak on alien cores to be used on planets that makes is to that they don't have to implement atmospheric battle and AvA (because neither have any chance of working at all with the current lag and limitations in the game infrastructure), and then make some grand blog about how the game now has "Territory warfare".

Spatial territories would already have been a few things. It's a shame if they are removed from the roadmap.

But yes it is certain that if they do not have the will or the ability to do territory control in full space, there is almost no chance for the atmo or the AvA.

Anyway now there is no longer any roadmap.

I think these 2 or 3 months will certainly be devoted to adding the functionality that will replace the means of obtaining schematics.
I don't want to cry defeat for PvP balancing, maybe they are planning some real change following our last discussion. But there will indeed be no "heavy" functionality like space territory warfare unfortunately.

But I would like at least some feedback on the subject. Is it considered in the new vision of the game? (which has not yet been shared with us).

8 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

And we all know they will do some weird tweak on alien cores to be used on planets that makes is to that they don't have to implement atmospheric battle and AvA (because neither have any chance of working at all with the current lag and limitations in the game infrastructure), and then make some grand blog about how the game now has "Territory warfare".

My money is on special AvA arenas or something like them where people can go and effectively be doing AvA in a different game.

It's very clear that NQ considers alien cores the promised "space territory warfare".

How do I know?

It's literally labelled as "space territory warfare" on their patch notes here....

SPACE TERRITORY WARFARE: We are introducing ‘Alien Space Core Units’, which you can find scattered around at various locations outside of the Safe Space zone. These Alien Cores provide resources to whoever can fight to take and hold them.

If they placed the alien cores broadly equally around Helios, then simply created an F4 map colouring that changed to an Org/Alliances colour on the system map when the alien core was owned, then there would be a simple way for territory to be "owned", as well as systems being "owned" if you have all/majority of the territories in a system. This uses existing alien core tech, but gives map painter orgs something to aim for, with minimal effort for NQ.

This will be a kind of necessary feedback in relation to the activity of the players.

By opening his map, any player will be able to say to himself "oh wow, so these are the territorial possessions of these alliances".

I will even go further with an eatmap of player concentrations. Maybe something with a 24 hour delay that only shows gatherings of 10+ players.

This will quickly show that we are on an MMO and that there are groups and player actions everywhere in the system.